My second unit graphic creation! - Real Huscarl

zenspiderz

Just some bloke..
Real Huscarl by zenspiderz

Fx version, button, custom animations.

team coloured trousers and team flag decal on shield.

Download

Very nice, it will likely be going into Primordial Stews Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire mod, if it is okay with you.

Out of Curiosity, what will your next unit be? If I may request, a javelin throwing horseman would be nice.

For the flag detail, it needs to be BTS because BTS has a feture that takes advantage of that. That reminds me, RFRE it for Warlords, could you upload a version with a generic shield, or is the shield a separate dds file?

Thanks for the positive feedback, it is much appreaciated and encouraging.

As to the flag decal on the shield. I did it with nifscope. I just copied how it was coded for the heavy swordsman unit from the charlamagne scenario in bts. easy really. Making a non-bts version of the shield would be pretty easy too. I quite want to get on with a new project tho, so i don't know if i will do very soon.

Oh and i forgot to mention that this unit has svereths blood effects built into it, so if you have these effects in your mod this unit will use them if you don't the model will still work but the blood effects won't.

As to the flag decal on the shield. I did it with nifscope. I just copied how it was coded for the heavy swordsman unit from the charlamagne scenario in bts. easy really. Making a non-bts version of the shield would be pretty easy too. I quite want to get on with a new project tho, so i don't know if i will do very soon.

Yep, i like using the Burger King's shield's too. I used them for my Royal Guardsmen units because they are so damn awesome. But why do they not work in warlords?

Yea, I figured I wouldn't be able to use it. :sad: I was guessing it has to be applied through Sceneviewer (like Teamcolor), so its probably a double whammy for me.
Actually i checked and it uses the Decal like other textures or TeamColor, but i'm not sure what the problems are...

It wont work in warlords (or vanilla, I conly checked vanilla though) because IIRC, BTS added a new channel for the unit to use the civ flag on it and dds's. It wont work in WL or Vanilla, it will show up pink.

I figured out how to make the shield not use teamflag, but is there any way to combine the sword and shield into one model so when I export a tga guide for GIMP, both are there as opposed to just one? It makes skinning it easier.

I figured out how to make the shield not use teamflag, but is there any way to combine the sword and shield into one model so when I export a tga guide for GIMP, both are there as opposed to just one? It makes skinning it easier.

Layers? Dunno really i don't make my textures that way. I have the model open in nifskope on one side of my screen and the texture open in gimp on the other. i make experimental dabs of colour in the gimp and then save it. Instantly nifskope shows up the marks and i get a clue where the uv map is in the texture and i proceed from there. If i get stuck trying to find a small missing polygon i find its location in blender then go back to the gimp/nifskope method. Works for me.

I know I can use the trial/error method, but I prefer having a template to use. Any way to make the sword and shield one model as opposed to two?

I know I can use the trial/error method, but I prefer having a template to use. Any way to make the sword and shield one model as opposed to two?

I suppose you could join them in blender then use the blender script to make a template for gimp. But you won't be able to alter the uv after that or the original seperate models won't match up to your texture the way you intended.

probably a better method would be to make a template for each object then paste them as different layers into the gimp and then merge them into one.

Actually i checked and it uses the Decal like other textures or TeamColor, but i'm not sure what the problems are...

It also uses a shader 'Tcivflag' or something similar, could be warlords and vanilla don't have it or it is just geared for making flags and not for units.

Top Bottom