Polynesian Middle Age Units

Nice, I too will be making a Polynesia civ, decied to do so when I heard you make the units :D

Thanks avian and mamba! I'm glad you plan to make a Polynesian civ now, I was afraid that only Capo would be able to use these units. :D

The next units I plan to make are Vikings, Celtics, and the Holy Roman Empire.

Bloody brilliant as always, Bakuel. I'm really looking forward to that Tiki Tank! :p

On a side note, some of those units, especially the knight, have a rather odd resemblance to Roman units. Just makes them look all the more great in my opinion.

I am utterly speechless..... completey and utterly.... I worship you...

EDIT: No polynesian civ will ever hold a candle to mine. New LHs andll!!!!!!! . .. .. .. . yeah. Sorry I;m durcnk

Nice units, too bad I'll probably never use them, but I'm looking forward to the Celts/Vikings/HRE.

Thank you for the kind words everyone! I'm glad so many people like the units, I was afraid that not many people would be able to use them since Polynesia isn't exactly a very popular civ mod choice.

@The Capo, I'm happy you like them Capo, they took a wee bit longer to finish then I thought they would. ;)

@Ajidica Don't worry I plan to make some dark age variants of the Vikings and Franks (Holy Roman Empire) that you may like. :)

@cybrxkhan
:lol: I thought the same thing as I was making them! It's probably the knights helmet that gives it that Roman feel, I used a picture that The_Capo provided, not sure were it came from.

The other helmets are based on pictures of Hawaiian warriors like this in the link,

http://hawaiiantrading.com/herb-kane/pages/46ah-warrior-chiefs.html

I think the reason they are so popular is that they have never really been done. China, Japan, Egypt, France, and so on have been done to death, (especialy in the modern age. Does every civ need a unique tank? Most differences can't really be seen at civscale) but I don't recall anyone making Polynesian units before.

@The Capo, Well that clears that up! The helmets are all wonderful though, I can only wonder what the more colorful ones are made out of...

@Ajidica,
That's a good point Ajidica.

I personally don't make many unit sets outside of the vanilla civs for the simple reason that I try to create at least something that can be used by a few different mods, Hungary and Polynesia are the two exceptions to this rule. After all, I am sure that every unit creator likes to create stuff that a lot of people can use and enjoy, especially in publicly released mods.
However, if enough people wish to create new civs, even usually ones like Polynesian, I would be happy to help! (at least once I finished with some of the civs on my list... )

I personally don't make many unit sets outside of the vanilla civs for the simple reason that I try to create at least something that can be used by a few different mods, Hungary and Polynesia are the two exceptions to this rule. After all, I am sure that every unit creator likes to create stuff that a lot of people can use and enjoy, especially in publicly released mods.

Bakuel, if you are interested, I tried to collect some info about what could still be done with vanilla civs for VD: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=7887365&postcount=1360
This pretty much sums the situation for these civs on CFC, at least I haven't found these in the db.

However, if enough people wish to create new civs, even usually ones like Polynesian, I would be happy to help! (at least once I finished with some of the civs on my list... )

And we are very grateful for this!
Eventually, you could make a Polish set, I'd be really interested in your take on the Winged Hussar ;) (http://www.historyofjihad.org/poland11.jpg)

Thanks for all the hard work once again! :goodjob:

I would still like to say that a proper Celtic unit set is needed. The units we have are fine, but they are mostly based on post-celtic countries that happen to be considered "celtic;" i.e. Scotland.

This is entirely wrong. Scotland has a rich Celtic heritage, but to base them on Scottish and Irish units (particularly in the medieval, renaissance and even industrial eras) is pretty lame. We at least need a good Celtic set. I'm talking ancient era to the age of Iron/Rise of Rome. That's the biggest hole I see in VD.

Just take a moment and think about it. A scotsman from the 1200s has hardly any true relationship to a (civilization-based) concept of a CELTIC EMPIRE. They are two entirely different entities, yet we have to deal with English and Scottish units for our Celtic units. Sure, there are some Gauls in the mix, but to call a medieval Scottish unit a Celtic unit is a bit anachronistic. No?

EDIT: BTW, it downplays the role of the Celts in France, Spain and Northern Italy to base their later units on Scottish, English and Irish units.

EDIT 2: @ Avain; I think Poland is well represented. There are already great sets out there.

Think Vercingetorix and Boudica, not Robert the Bruce.

I've downloaded lots of your units, Bakuel. They're all great! I have to say that the Polynesian ones are those I've been waiting for the most. I have made a Polynesian civ and I only miss the flavour units. THANKS A LOT! And here's a question: any chance we will see more Polynesian units, at least from the Rennaissance?

Top Bottom