Need some ideas for a 2nd UU

mechaerik

Tuturuu!
The MechaMod will feature civs with 2 uus, so i need ideas. If i like your idea, you will be rewarded!

I need ideas for:
Austria~~~~~~~Eisenritter(GeoModder)
Babylonia~~~~~~~Sapper (GeoModder)
Celts~~~~~~~Gaelic Lancer (Ajidica)
Confederacy~~~~~~~Partisan Rangers (Barnacle Bill)
Dutch~~~~~~~Boer Commando
Egypt~~~~~~~Mamluk (Ajidica)
Ethiopia~~~~~~~Oromo Cavalry (current UU will be renamed to Shewan)
France~~~~~~~Imperial Guard
Holy Rome~~~~~~~Wagenburg (kooboo)
Incas~~~~~~~Chasqui (Dumanios)
Iroquois~~~~~~~Tomahawk (Dumanios)
Israel~~~~~~~Romah Wielder/Dja (Voyhkah)
Portugal~~~~~~~Caçadores (Dumanios)
Sioux ~~~~~~~Brule Raider (GeoModder- idea/achilleszero- name)
Sumeria~~~~~~~Onager Chariot (GeoModder)

Again, help and you will be rewarded.

If you have an idea for a uu not on this list of civs, do not let it stop you; your idea may be better than the ones i currently have.

Last edited:
Lets see,
Egypt: (I don't know wether you are refering to ancient or muslim egypt)
(Ancient)Nubian Mercenaries: replaces axeman. Likely a city attack bonus to show their ferocity.
(Muslim)Ghulams/Mameluks: Replaces knight/curriaser. either mobility bonus or first strikes to show their discipline.
France:
Napoleonic Artillery: replaces cannons, more accurate/powerful
Carolingian/Chivalraic Knight: Replaces knight. +1 strength. The French had the best knights in the world in the middle ages.
Noble Heerban:replaces swordsman/axeman. some non-defensive bonus to show their ferocity.
HRE:
Gothic Knights/Reiters:replaces Curiaser. Either bonus vs mounted (knights) or withdrawal (Reiters)
Dutch:
Blue Guard: replaces musketmen. Increased strength or first strikes.

Thats all I can think of for now. For Byzantium, please don't have the Dromon as a 2nd UU, the Domon was only special becasue of Greek Fire and they were known for that, not seamanship or other ship stuff.

For Byzantium i'm using a Foederati; a resourceless maceman.

Nice, I did a couple units that might work in the unitart forum.

I actually made my own; i dismounted the Cataphract, replaced his head with the warrior's, then put him on the Knights-Templar kfm (with a modified "fidget" animation)

Nitpicking, but if you have time you might want to reskin it and get rid of the plate armour, the Byzantines primarily used lamellar/scale mail for their heavy troops. Plate was primarily used by the later merc (post-komnenian) and the Foederati (refering to Justinian era I am assuming) were armoured in the same way as other bysantine troops. Chain mail with and iron helmet and linked iron greaves.(Greaves were ditched for melee combat though.)

EDIT: It sounds cool though.

Boers might work. Perhaps riflemen that can found cities and are slightly cheaper?

I've put UU ideas in bold.

Austria (i already have the Rifleman UU)
Hussar(Cuirassier)
Confederacy (again, already has a rifleman uu)
Blakley Rifle(Cannon)
Dutch
Swiss Mercenary(Pikeman)
Egypt
Pharoah's Guardian(Spearman)
France
Le Grande Batterie(Cannon)
Holy Rome
Templar Soldier(Maceman)
Incas
Chaski Scout(You can guess)
Portugal
Cassador(Rifleman)
Sumeria
Enkidu(Warrior)
and
Native America (Sioux and Iroquois)
Mounted Dog Soldier(Horse Archer for Sioux)
Tomahawk Warrior(Axeman for Iroquois)

I would go against Swiss Mercenary for the Dutch, almost everyone used Swiss Mercenaries at one time or another. The Dutch only had alot of them becasue they really needed an army to fight Spain/HRE Hapsburgs.

I can't use the Hussar for Austria because i'm already using a Hussar for Poland. And the templar is too similar to a Crusader unit already featured, although your'e other ideas are good for me.

Oh and can you explain what a "Cassador" is? I checked Google, but it keep directing me to sites about AoE.

Austria:
Kaiserschützen (Infantry) : http://www.austro-hungarian-army.co.uk/schuetzen.htm
BONUS: Hills attack and defence (perhaps even uniquely being able to cross Mountains)
"Leutnant in der Reserve Peter Scheider who won his Knight's Cross of the Military Order of Maria Theresa for the storming of the 2432 metre high Monticello Ridge on the 13th of June 1918 whilst commanding Kaiserschützen of High Mountain Company 17"

Dutch:
Boer Commando (Cavalry): http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=168535
BONUS: Commando promotion(use foreign roads), Higher retreat chances
"The Boers were almost all mounted and possessed long range magazine loaded rifles. This gave them the ability to attack quickly and cause many casualties before retreating rapidly when British reinforcements arrived."

Egypt
Nubian (Medjay) Archers (Archer): http://wysinger.homestead.com/nubianarchers.html
BONUS: Militia/Better civil control, more happiness from stationing in city and/or faster conversion/better oppression of conquered cities
Foreigners were also incorporated into the army, Nubians (Medjay), entered Egyptian armies as mercenaries and formed the best archery units.
"Members of the Medjay community continued to be of service to the Egyptians of the New Kingdom, during which time they served in Egypt as the equivalent of policemen."

You could use the Blakely Rifle (cannon) for the Confederacy, but it might make them a bit overpowered in the industrial era imo.

I'd have to agree here, in the modular i made for the Confed's i have a Blakely Rifle in it.

Spoiler :

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_UNIT_BLAKELY_RIFLE_PEDIA</Tag>
<English>[TAB]The American Civil War saw enormous innovation in the technology of artillery. Some of the more prominent changes include the move from smoothbore, muzzleloading guns to rifled breechloaders. Breechloading made the reloading process faster and safer, and rifled guns proved substantially more accurate. The Blakely Rifle is representative of this transition, and Blakely guns were employed by both the Union and the Confederacy. Blakely's designs ranged from 2.9" bore, "six-pounder" light field artillery, to enormous 12.75" seacost cannons with projectiles weighing in excess of 100 pounds, though the most common piece was probably the 3.5" "twelve-pounder."</English>
</TEXT>
<!-- UNITINFO - STRATEGY -->
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_UNIT_BLAKELY_RIFLE_STRATEGY</Tag>
<English>This Unique Confederate artillery receives defensive bonuses, and has a higher withdrawal chance. Great against musket and rifle infantry, but still vulnerable to cavalry.</English>
</TEXT>

Tribal Warband:replaces spearman, +1 strength, but only +50% vs mounted. No resource requirements

Gaelic Lancers:replaces horse archer, +25% vs spearmen.
The Celts (at least the continental ones) were known for their lancers, and Rome used many of them in their wars with Parthia and later Sassanid Persia.

For France, why not a Francisca wielding unit? The so-called throwing axe?
But I suppose there's no existing animation for that.
But in case that's not a problem, either the axeman or the archer could be the second UU then.
As axeman, a first strike would seem appropriate. As archer replacement I'd say an extra strength point.

For Sumeria the 4-wheeled cart pulled by onagers comes to mind. Perhaps used as a chariot which doesn't require horses? And IIRC there's a donkey sort of horse somewhere in the database.

For the Sioux a sort of light cavalry sounds okay. Make it a horse archer with the first "retreat" promotion when trained. When it is trained in a barracks/stable city this gives the possibility of 2 retreat promotions and the scout promotion. Which is in my opinion spot on for native horsemen.

Last edited:
Top Bottom