ModCast Episode 30: "Bad Elves"

Sounds naughty, but not quite. The thirtieth episode of ModCast, an official podcast of Apolyton Civilization Site (ACS), is now netcasting. Entitled "Bad Elves", it features core panelists Tony "GarretSidzaka" Kiehl, Kenneth "Impaler[WrG]" Ferland and John "bt_oz" Archer with first-time guest co-host Paul "Lutefisk_Mafia" Bakken.

- 03m23s | Upcoming Mods
From the_J, Mars, Now! is on the horizon.
- 08m26s | Artist Sketchpad
An examination of Modern Armor Pack by KrugerPritz, an improved Putin leaderhead from pencilgod based on work by Ekmek, and Project 71 by the_Coyote.
- 19m07s | Modding Spotlight
What to expect in the Dungeon Master ModMod by Lutefisk_Mafia.

An official podcast of Apolyton Civilization Site, ModCast is an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on Civilization modding; sibling show PolyCast focuses on Civ strategy and RevCast focses on Civilization: Revolution. To date, ACS is the only community on the web to produce its own Civilization podcasts.

Connection Interrupted

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.
I Demand my money back!

Yeah, Looks like it is up and running again.
This was corrected earlier today. Pardon that downtime, all!

How many times DOES DanQ send it back for edits?
:lol:

Since Tony's the one who went and mentioned this on the show, I'll let him field that question. :mischief::D

Since Tony's the one who went and mentioned this on the show, I'll let him field that question. :mischief::D

If anyone payed close attention, i mumbled something about a christopher reeves joke early in the show. thats what got sent back because its definately not nice to make fun of superman. :lol:

I corrected your name ;).

Just to mention: What mod is not a WIP?

And i've looked at amazon, the books cost betwee 6-10 €, maybe i'll buy one.

And i had not heard of the Dungeon Master modmod before, looks interesting, good choice :goodjob:.

I guess, Kruger's red tank is, like the red tanks from PQP, a "modern roman" tank.

You all talked about doing the multiple maps setup. It is actually pretty trivial to set this up in the DLL, you just have multiple CvMap entities, just like how you have multiple CvUnit entities. The main difficulty to overcome is just getting the pathing between them to work nicely, and have the AI cohesively plan in terms of both maps. Would be a HEAVY rewrite to accomplish this.

thanks i added it to next episode. hey do you wanna come on the show?

Not until I get a job... Being unemployed has crushed my ego, and I need a bit of arrogance to really shine and be entertaining on stage. Feel free to review Bronze Steam and Tears though... and actually I'd rather hear the mod reviewed by people that play it, rather then hear my own (biased) opinion, lol.

Hey you guys ever go into details on how to do specific things, I mean there are a lot of tutorials here for everything from Models to SDK, so it might be a waste of time, but ya get some people on there that are old school Civ modders, and it might be a good gathering of the minds to make things a little easier for those who need that little extra info to do some kind modding.

I only ask because hearing some of the explanation on the multiple maps kinda put some things together for me, and the whole thing kinda makes a little more sense now.

Not until I get a job... Being unemployed has crushed my ego, and I need a bit of arrogance to really shine and be entertaining on stage. Feel free to review Bronze Steam and Tears though... and actually I'd rather hear the mod reviewed by people that play it, rather then hear my own (biased) opinion, lol.

try liquid arrogance before the show ;)

Top Bottom