The Sea Port City of Molly

Cyc

Looking for the door...
Welcome all to the busy tradewind city of Molly. Soon to be Home of the largest port in the world. Once a small fishing village, we've grown every week. Take a load off, do some business, buy some land. You won't be disappointed.

Attachments

• GRG02~Fishing-Village-Posters.jpg
    GRG02~Fishing-Village-Posters.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 360
First off, we'd like to welcome our friend, TheOverseer714. He must be in town to gather information on dock and pier building techniques. While you're here TO, be sure to visit "The Molly". The finest tavern in Western Hibernia. The best food and the prettiest girls, both local and from distant shores. And tell Molly, the bartender, I said to give you a free night's room upstairs.

Now down to busiess. As you can see from the city screen below, we're building a Worker. The Mayor agrees with this move as we not only need to keep the population from getting too large too soon, we also need to build us a road to the Capital city of Tara. Word is, we'll get our share of Incense when this happens. Can't wait fer that!

But we'd like to move one of our citizens working the fields. The one working the Bonus Grasslands can be moved to the wheat fields (as shown in the picture below). This will help us recooperate from building the Worker, in 1 turn as opposed to four. Becuse our city limits will expand in 1 turn, we will be able to work the Gold Mountain. This will not only give us a shield, but 4 Commerce, which will help make up for the lost Commerce due to the switch.

After the Worker is complete, we'd like the President to look at building a Settler. If the numbers work out, that's what we'd like to do, as building the road to the Capital will take a while.

Attachments

• Molly 1275bc.gif
    Molly 1275bc.gif
    143 KB · Views: 212
Honorable Mayor of Molly, might I suggest now that your city has grown that you work the Mountain of Gold to your South. Workers will flock to Molly to try to take advantage of this opportunity and it will do much to alleviate the current economic crisis our country finds itself in trying to stay competitive.

We were working the Gold Mountain. I believe it was giving us 4 gold per turn. If we've stopped, I was unaware. Let me check the save.

EDIT: Good call, Falc. By moving the citizen working the Forests NW of Molly to the Gold Mountain, we increase the amount going to the Treasury by 1 gpt, the amount going to Science by 2gpt, plus the citizens of Molly get an extra gpt. Thanks for the heads up.

Growth does slow to 9 turns from 6, but with only Incense for a luxury, that's not a bad thing.

Attachments

• Molly 1600bc.gif
    Molly 1600bc.gif
    155.5 KB · Views: 296
Molly wishes to switch our Library to a Gallic Swordsman (due in 3). Please rush this Unique Unit and send to Rhiannon to help protect the citizens there from those Barbarians. Then start a Library again.

can we move the citizen working the northern forest to the tobacco? that spot would make a much more productive spot to work, especially if Mr. President approves to road and irrigate/mine the tile.

Don't know if you read the post where I suggested changing the locations of citizens in each city to maximize our gold intake or not, billybones27. We can raise it by 75-78 gpt, if I remember correctly. This will happen in pre-turn and last a couple of turns.

050909 Game Session Instructions

Build Que~

Harbor (Current)
Galley
Colosseus

Upon growth, please put new citizens on roaded Forests.

Please name the Galley "The Molly".

Top Bottom