Medieval Milita

those ancient militia units were great, and it's nice to see the progression - cheers.

Thanks... I might continue them to Renaissance, then Industrial. I won't go Modern because GarretSidzaka made some nice ones, a WorkerMarine, a guy with a molotov, an anarchist....

Very nice, and thanks for the exhaustive documentation too.

Not exactly exhaustive... Just a sentence or 2, which says the PolyCount and a brief description.

Do you think it is possible you could make ethnically diverse versions of your militia units, like having Native American, Middle Eastern, African, and Asian variants?

Otherwise, great work so far!

Do you think it is possible you could make ethnically diverse versions of your militia units, like having Native American, Middle Eastern, African, and Asian variants?

Otherwise, great work so far!

Shouldn't be too hard.
With some head switching and some reskinning i could do it.

^That would be great, thanks. I'd love to see an Asian guy with that hat and a pitchfork. :goodjob:

The cone hat stereotypically (though probably rightly so) associated with Asian peoples.

I can certainly find a place for this in my Mod.

I'm loath to report a problem about the medieval swordsman, Mechaerik. :(

I introduced the unit in a new mod of mine, but have a Python Exception popup whenever I reach the era (medieval era) the graphic is used AND I activate (click on) the unit. The game freezes then.

In spoilers is the xml I use. First the unitartstyletypeinfos:
Spoiler :
<StyleUnit>
<UnitType>UNIT_WARRIOR</UnitType>
<UnitMeshGroup>
<ClassicalArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_WARRIOR_EUROPEAN_CLASSICAL</ClassicalArtDefineTag>
<EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_WARRIOR</EarlyArtDefineTag>
<FutureArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_WARRIOR_FUTURE</FutureArtDefineTag>
<IndustrialArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_WARRIOR_EUROPEAN_INDUSTRIAL</IndustrialArtDefineTag>
<LateArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_WARRIOR_EUROPEAN_LATE</LateArtDefineTag>
<MiddleArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_WARRIOR_EUROPEAN_MIDDLE</MiddleArtDefineTag>
<RennArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_WARRIOR_EUROPEAN_RENN</RennArtDefineTag>
</UnitMeshGroup>
</StyleUnit>

And ArtDefines_Unit:
Spoiler :
<UnitArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_WARRIOR_EUROPEAN_MIDDLE</Type>
<!-- <Button>Art/Units/Europe/Warrior/Warrior_Middle/MilitiaSword.dds</Button> -->
<Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Warrior.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/Unit_Resource_Atlas.dds,2,1</Button>
<fScale>0.44</fScale>
<fInterfaceScale>1.0</fInterfaceScale>
<bActAsLand>0</bActAsLand>
<bActAsAir>0</bActAsAir>
<NIF>Art/Units/Europe/Warrior/Warrior_Middle/Medieval_Militia_Swordsman.nif</NIF>
<KFM>Art/Units/Europe/Warrior/Warrior_Middle/Medieval_Militia_Swordsman.kfm</KFM>
<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/Europe/Warrior/Warrior_Middle/Medieval_Militia_Swordsman.nif</SHADERNIF>
<ShadowDef>
<ShadowNIF>Art/Units/01_UnitShadows/UnitShadow.nif</ShadowNIF>
<ShadowAttachNode>BIP Pelvis</ShadowAttachNode>
<fShadowScale>1.0</fShadowScale>
</ShadowDef>
<fBattleDistance>0.35</fBattleDistance>
<fRangedDeathTime>0.31</fRangedDeathTime>
<bActAsRanged>0</bActAsRanged>
<TrainSound>AS2D_UNIT_BUILD_UNIT</TrainSound>
<AudioRunSounds>
<AudioRunTypeLoop/>
<AudioRunTypeEnd/>
</AudioRunSounds>
</UnitArtInfo>

Now, I have tried with the normal warrior button and the button you provide, but that doesn't make a difference.
Do you have any idea why this happens? Sofar this sort of popup only seems to happen with units which were switched to another animation. And never mind the spaces in the unitartstyletypeinfos tags, those aren't in the xml file.

Attachments

• PythonException.jpg
    PythonException.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 92
Renaming seems to work for one of the units I had trouble with. Thanks. :)
But the one I posted about already has similar .nif -and .kfm names. :(

Solved it. Renaming both the .nif -and .kfm files to the .kf files fixed the issue. :)
(the .kfm was refering to knightstemplar .kf files)

Top Bottom