New Unit : Searcher II UAV (Radiocontrolled Spy Plane made in Israel)

Boulboulgadol

Gadol as my tanks barrels
This is an intelligence mini-UAV (unnammed aerial vehicle) that began its service in Israel in 1992, and has since participated in routine security operations in Lebanon. It serves to locate terrorist targets and aids IAF (Israeli Air Force) planes while they carry out their attacks.
In June of 1998, the IAF's Mini-UAV Squadron received improved 'Searcher 2' UAVs. The Searcher 2s have a new engine, a new navigation system and advanced communications systems.

Stats suggestions are included in the TXT file.

You can see pictures of the Real plane and the 3D model in the preview post

This is version 1.1.
Pediaicons has been hadded by Dannyevilcat.

Previous version has been dowloaded 27 times.

Attachments

• searcher2.zip
    155.3 KB · Views: 1,488
The Preview :

Attachments

• searcher2preview.gif
    searcher2preview.gif
    69.8 KB · Views: 4,153
Great stuff Boulaboula! :D Looks like the real thing! I'm gonna give it all civs in my game, not just Israel, because its the first spy plane we got and I gotta be fair.

I used your merkavas in my last game and they almost saved the day for Israel. Killed heaps of enemies with them before they died in a nuclear haulocast. The story is in the Polaris nuclear missile thread.

Looking forward to your Rascal arty unit. That's something else we don't have yet - mobile arty. No doubt you'll do a great job of that one too.

Thanks DANNY !!!!

I'll change the file and put you in credits ! It's the 2nd time you do that for me, and I appreciate it a lot !

Originally posted by thisismysn20
now if we could just get one for the U.S.

You know, everybody is free to play the way he likes. No one is going to control if you use the units you download exactly the way they were intended to.

You can use this unit for every civ, 'cause it is too powerless to be a UU.

Have fun !

Great:goodjob: I think i'll use this as a upgrade to pesoloco's Balloon!

Originally posted by PCHighway
Great:goodjob: I think i'll use this as a upgrade to pesoloco's Balloon!

balloon (bomb/recon) to blimp (bomb/recon) to uav (along with the satalite unit (recon))

I am using this great unit as a modern age scout, but it lacks evident civ-color... So I decided to add the color by myself, pixel by pixel ;)

I've done the run but not the default and death, because I am using the run as my default and I am too lazy to edit the death.

The stripes wobble quite a lot, but this is my first try at editing a unit :D In the game, the unit would look better.

The file:

Attachments

• Searcher2Run with Civ Color.zip
    35.1 KB · Views: 317
Top Bottom