Highland Swordsman

WarKirby

Arty person
Someone mentioned I should post a thread here, so here we go

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12430

This is a Scottish/Irish style Highland warrior, wielding a claymore. I made him as a Swordsman UU for the Austrin in Fall Further, but I realise such a unit could be quite useful for other things too.

I used the Great engineer head, with a little reshaping. I used the austrin warior as a base (which itself was a retextured firaxis warrior). The shirt texture is taken from one of seZereth's Lanun settler units, though it's pretty unrecogniseable now thanks to a couple of hours in photoshop.

I made the sword. It has black cloth around the base, and it's held there as well as the hilt, when standing idle. Thusly, it's a somewhat more realistic interpretation of a greatsword wielding unit, being that he doesn't just hold the tiny hilt at all times. It looks neat in anime, but that kind of thing is really impossible because of the weight of such a weapon.

It uses Axeman anims, not swordsman.

I meant a thread for all of your creations, because in the download section you do not really get enough feedback, especially from other artists (which is sure an other quality of comment).

What i've seen, your units are great work :goodjob:.

Top Bottom