NC XXVII Charlemagne

CivIVMonger

Emperor
Hello evryone, those of us who are stuck on noble may want to check out this addition to the NC, here is my starting point at which we will begin playing.
also, dont forget to take advantage of the powerful mid game pikeman we all know as the Landknecht and the rathaus; an exalent courthouse replacement.

Here is the save. Civ4ScreenShot0014.JPG

View attachment Eli BC-4000 charlemagne.CivBeyondSwordSave

Funny thing about Charlemagne is he is incredibly strong in lower difficulties. Imho one of the strongest leaders.
On high difficulties he is one of the worst :D
Focus on founding an early religion, or (better) try to catapult Code of Laws with Oracle.

the intro makes it easier to figure out the game setting etc.

it needs to be a WB save so people can play thier own speed/skill level :p

No Screenies, just because my Image Capture doesn't work, and printscreen+past in paint takes too long.

Spoiler :
Charlemagne on a Lake! I'll start with a religion, get the Henge with stone, and see REX! Imperialist defended by Protective archers! At least that is my plan.

4000 B.C. Settled in place for strong Workshop/Cottage city, either that or farmed city. Start a scout for scouting, as I find two in two directs are better than one for all.

Started on Polytheism. I don't start with mining... Anyway, I decided that I am going to use missionaries instead of monuments for culture!

Got a hut, crappy map showed a SINGLE UNKNOWN TILE. Oh well.

got 63 from a hut, found two more huts with map.

MANSONARY FROM A HUT! As soon as I go to pop two it is Worker-> Warrior going for the Pyramids! Representation can help my food heavy start and help me recover from REXing.

AH from a hut! this is 3675 B.C. Anyway, I can pasture the Cow and the Pigs!

Meet Ash next turn, horses 1 BFC to the north with... deserts...

Got Mining!

Researched poly and got Hinduism, going for the wheel and horses city for chariots.

WB save?
no offence, but why do I need your intro?

From the look of things, you didn't even tell him you was going to post this thing.
Nobody "owns" any series, but he hosted the last dozen or so NC games and he actually knows how to upload a proper WB save.
And the current NC game is 3 days old.

Nothing stops you from posting your saves here, but the NC series doesn't work like this.
Or the IU, LHC and MS games. Just...no.

Actually what bothers me isn't that I wasn't told (as far as I'm concerned, if people want more games in the series I host, then post them!)

What I want to see out of series hosting is that it's done in a manner that makes it palatable to the players. In other words, BECAUSE nobody owns noble's club or the immortal U, but rather they're ongoing series meant for everyone, they should be done so that people can play them easily.

Especially for the noble's club, which is geared toward newer players, it should be easy for them to open it right up, pick their speed (even difficulty if they're prince/warlord, you need some work to change it w/ proper bonuses past those that isn't necessary), and so on.

A screenshot of the start is good for discussion and facilitates learning, and so forth.

The reason I suggested you copy/paste my intro was so that you don't have to write your own. If you would rather write your own or can make a better one then me, then do it...there's nothing special about mine other than it's already written.

Anyway, has charlie been done? I don't think he has. This can certainly be a worthy addition to the series, but I don't think I'm alone in wanting to see more in the OP!

If nobody takes up the WB save NC torch, I'll wait a bit then re-post this start as a WB save if there's interest.

Funny thing about Charlemagne is he is incredibly strong in lower difficulties. Imho one of the strongest leaders.
On high difficulties he is one of the worst :D
Focus on founding an early religion, or (better) try to catapult Code of Laws with Oracle.

IMP and PRO are both @ their best when getting boxed in is a legit concern. If he had better starting techs I'd rate him pretty decently.

Alright folks, here we are, NC XXVII: Charlemagne from CivIVMonger!

Looks like we have a bigger map than usual, too. I'll update the bullpen eventually.

View attachment NC XXVII Charlemagne.zip

If you wish to continue the NC series, let me know so I can focus more on IU :p. But, please be a little more explicit in the OP and make the starting save into a WB save as per I have it in this post.

Alright folks, here we are, NC XXVII: Charlemagne from CivIVMonger!

Looks like we have a bigger map than usual, too. I'll update the bullpen eventually.

View attachment 216068

If you wish to continue the NC series, let me know so I can focus more on IU :p. But, please be a little more explicit in the OP and make the starting save into a WB save as per I have it in this post.

:blush:sorry TMIT i didn't know, anyway the host you all know should take the credit
tmit go ahead and load the WB, sorry guys:blush:

@Civ4Monger

No worries, TMIT has been looking for someone to host the series. If you want to host, that would be great! Anyways, here is a pretty good thread to help you with posting a new NC game. Just bear in mind that some time should be allowed for the previous edition of NC to die down.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=322396

This is TMIT's guide, it should show you how to correctly set up the game. Also, use Photobucket to upload pics of the leader, traits, UU, UB, and starting position for ease of player reference.

The biggest reason for a WB save is that not all players will want to play the same level, and, especially, the same game speed. A WB allows you to start a custom scenario and make these choices without changing the map, AI's, starting position.

XXVIII can be all yours if you want it...

Allright, here's a try with photos...

The leader...

A topnotch UB, the Rathaus, replacing Courthouses...

The UU...

And the start...

Here we go, I hope!

I played the opening earlier, will post it later with some screens, asking for advice and such. Do I need to tag for spoilers, or just post it since the point of this thread is learning?

Yes, use spoilers. Some players that are learning will not want to see your comments

Usually the NC series uses spoilers so that other players attempting the game don't know the map layout, AIs, and resources ahead of time.

Top Bottom