[MOD] Trail Pathway

Androrc the Orc

Emperor
This mod includes a Trail pathway in addition to the regular Road one. Trails cost half of what a Road costs to build and consumes 3/4 of a unit's movement point (Roads consume 1/2). Trails can be upgraded to Roads at any time. Trails use the regular dirt path graphics, while Roads now use the paved road graphics made by patgarr.

Screenshot:

Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG

The tooltip says that the Trail consumes 1/2 a movement point, but that's wrong. I assume it's rounding the value.

UPDATE:
version 1.1: Trail costs tweaked.
version 1.2: XML crash bug fixed.

Download the Trail Pathway mod 1.2
Moderator Action: Fixed the link.

Attachments

• Trail 1.2.rar
    137.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited by a moderator:
You seem to have built this ontop of Aymerick's Plantation Economy, or a version of it. When loading, I get errors saying that Indigo Planter is incorrect, Coffee Planter is incorrect, and then a crash. I've fixed the problem myself for me, but you might want to do that yourself.

would it make more sense if road cost 1/3 movement and path cost 1/2?? Because right now the path is either usless exept to mounted or its a cheap identicle improvement.
An alternate idea is both of them cost 1/2 move point but road provides resourse/trade/gold bonus.

Maybe that could work better - if you want to alter the values and try it out for yourself, edit \Misc\CIV4RouteInfos.xml. The fields you would have to change are iMovement and iFlatMovement. An iMovement of 60 means movement consumption is as usual, one of 45 means 3/4 of normal movement is consumed instead, and 30 means 1/2 of normal movement is consumed instead.

For the particular change you want to do, you would have to set the iMovement and iFlatMovement of ROUTE_TRAIL to 30, while setting those fields to 20 for ROUTE_ROAD.

Top Bottom