Hovertank

Lord Tirian

Erratic Poster
A futuristic, light tank for skirmishes. The miraculous anti-gravitation core allows it to hover over any terrain. The mass driver gives the tank its distinctive fork-like shape, as it accelerates ammunition made almost massless by the core, allowing the shells to reach unprecedented speed and momentum.

Model includes shader and non-shader nifs, custom animations and four additional skins - bare, desert, urban/snow, woodland. The bare texture (not really that bare) makes it fitting for less ground-based sci-fi mods, as it's looking close to a small, fast starship or aircraft.

Originally inspired by the SMAC hovertank, but then I discovered that I'm not a big fan of the design, so I took some basic ideas from it (the distinctive wide front, obviously the hovering and the reactor core at the back) and developed it on my own, running with the idea that the core could not only work as engine, but also work as a weapon. Also, a hovering tank should be more aerodynamic, hence the streamlined shape with a low profile.

The final design here is definitely a crass departure from the original, so I decided to post it here, as Sci-Fi units seem to be in demand - this one should be pretty versatile.

Download

Cheers, LT.

Attachments

• hovertank.jpg
    hovertank.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 582
I like it. I'm sure there's a place for this in Dune Wars.

Top Bottom