New FF Team Member: Me!

WarKirby

Arty person
Just realised I've forgotten to mention it publicly, though some may have noticed my title on the left. As of about a week ago, I'm now part of the FF team. :D

Mainly, I'm the art department., i'll be doing new unit/building models, reskins, button art, importing art from FFH, fixing broken paths, etc. I'm also doing minor bugfixes and tweaks, mostly xml but a little python too. So far, I've made sure the amurite stuff is all fixed for next patch.

I will still try my best on non FF art requests, but stuff for FF has to take top priority. Working on a few new units at present. I will also try to maintain my unofficial patch until the next release, rolling in some other bugfixes and such, hopefully acting as a stopgap for the long delay in finishing 0.51

Thats great news WarKirby (for both you and the team), congrats!

It is good news!

One suggestion: xienwolf used to keep an ongoing list of reported bugs, etc. at the front of the Bugs Thread. He did a good job of maintaining it, but I think he got busy and it has not been updated.

There are lots of little bugs floating around, but IMO the major ones are:

1. Blight harshness, and multiple Blights in the same game

2. The Mercurian Gate.

Congrats, IMO you supplanted Magister Cultuum as the major Idea Man for the mod/modmod!:goodjob:

It is good news!

One suggestion: xienwolf used to keep an ongoing list of reported bugs, etc. at the front of the Bugs Thread. He did a good job of maintaining it, but I think he got busy and it has not been updated.

There are lots of little bugs floating around, but IMO the major ones are:

1. Blight harshness, and multiple Blights in the same game

2. The Mercurian Gate.

Congrats, IMO you supplanted Magister Cultuum as the major Idea Man for the mod/modmod!:goodjob:

I have no idea about the blight issue. Will bring up the balance issue of the harshness. Multiple blights is a bug, definitely. The mercurian gate is easily fixable though., it's something xienwolf broke, and will be fixed by reverting what he did in the next patch. I'll incorporate that in my patch soon. In the meantime, the solution is here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8112298&postcount=1544

I've found that the blight is a bit like Russian Roulette with all but one chamber carrying a bullet. IN one MP game the Elohim were barely touched, although the FOL elves got hit hardest with up to 60 or 70 unhealth in a couple cities.

I was a large orc empire, and only 3 cities made it back to 5 population before I "won"
Although the Elohim had their only 3 cities at something like 12 population, and only one seemed to get hit at all, and bounced quite quickly back.

I dont mind a super blight at 100 ac, but its hard for orc enemies to fight the horsemen when they cant build new units :/

Oh ... and are ya gonna animate the Hydra for FF? :D

I've found that the blight is a bit like Russian Roulette with all but one chamber carrying a bullet. IN one MP game the Elohim were barely touched, although the FOL elves got hit hardest with up to 60 or 70 unhealth in a couple cities.

I was a large orc empire, and only 3 cities made it back to 5 population before I "won"
Although the Elohim had their only 3 cities at something like 12 population, and only one seemed to get hit at all, and bounced quite quickly back.

I dont mind a super blight at 100 ac, but its hard for orc enemies to fight the horsemen when they cant build new units :/

I think in my games my chamber must have six bullets in it as I always get hammered -unless playing as the d'Tesh. Unless I know I am playing the d'Tesh, I have been shutting off the Armageddon Counter. I don't mind the harshness so much, but getting it 2, 3 or more times a game is just too much IMO.

I think if you had Super Blight at AC 100 and the usual culling of your units you would most likely be dead. The Avatar is usually still around from AC 90 spewing out his tough Iras, and, as you said it would take time to build any units for defenderless cities.

I have no idea about the blight issue. Will bring up the balance issue of the harshness. Multiple blights is a bug, definitely. The mercurian gate is easily fixable though., it's something xienwolf broke, and will be fixed by reverting what he did in the next patch. I'll incorporate that in my patch soon. In the meantime, the solution is here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8112298&postcount=1544

Actually, that is only one of the Mercurian Gate bugs.

I've noticed in games with the d'Tesh in them that whoever builds the gate gets nada. No Basium, no Mercurians. Certainly the d'Tesh cannot build the Gate and get anything. Probably just a FF+/d'Tesh issue though.

Congratulations WarKirby! Looking forward to see what you will bring to FF.

Man they let anyone in these days! Good stuff WarKirby!

Congratulations Warkirby! I'm not at all surprised, you've been doing a lot of awesome stuff.:goodjob:
I will also try to maintain my unofficial patch until the next release, rolling in some other bugfixes and such, hopefully acting as a stopgap for the long delay in finishing 0.51
So does this make the unofficial patch now the official patch?:)

To clarify the blight issue (since this seems to have morphed into an impromptu bug thread):
Blight hits every time the AC hits 30, not just the first time, which means it often hits multiple times in a few turns if the AC is fluctuating. Blight also hits whenever the Mercurians spawn if the AC is already over 30 (it's specifically the Mercurians, not the Gate or Basium, because I've had it happen on a Minister Koun split).

I have run tests with both Demonic Citizens and a Sewer in a city to eliminate all unhealth, and each blight still produced 50 unhealth. This was in One City Challenge.

If I were to make a suggestion, I would say get rid of blight entirely, enhance the unhealth penalties from the horsemen instead, and make a completely new AC30 event that spawns a few patches of hell terrain around the world and converts some of the barbarians to demons (kind of like Nature's Revolt does, but on a smaller scale).

Well, make a new thread about the blight stuff because it's kind of getting offtopic here. I can't just go around changing things how I feel like, we need a general consensus among the team on balance issues.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bring specific issues into this thread. My point was that it is a good idea to list known bugs, etc. at the beginning of the Bugs Thread like xienwolf started. I was mentioning those two should go onto that list. This really would save a lot of same-same bug reporting if folks knew to check that list before posting. When you take the time to report a bug, and receive no response, you don't know if it was read, missed, ignored, or is a work in progress. If it shows up on the list you can stand at ease until it is fixed.

Thanks.

Hmm...I don't know have to say "Congratulations", wthout actually using the world Congratulations, or congrat's, so let's try this-Gelukwens, just to be original.

(No, I don't speak Dutch. If the grammer in ebven that is all wrong, please don't mention it)

Top Bottom