[Modular] Leaderpack 1

zappara

Mod Designer
Leaderpack 1 for Rise of Mankind

This leaderpack adds some new leaders to the default BtS civs. Earlier these were included in Megapack but I thought I make a smaller pack just from these leaders in case some players just prefer not to use extra civs but would like to have more leaders. All leaders are in WoC modular format - if you are a modmaker and want to make similar leader modmod's for RoM, take a look at the files in this pack.

MP Compatible: Yes if all players have installed this leaderpack

This pack requires 210MB harddisk space

Download

Installation
------------

Make sure you have installed Rise of Mankind 2.71 before proceeding - the modules might not work correctly otherwise. The pack should work also in v2.7 (I've just made it with v2.71).

1. Extract the file to 'Rise of Mankind\Assets\Modules' directory. The zip file has the required folder structure included. To confirm successful installation you can check if there's individual leaderhead folders inside 'Modules\Custom Leaderheads' -folder.

New leaders
-----------

* Afonso for Portuguese
* Basil for Byzantium
* Cetshwayo for Zulu
* Charles V for Holy Roman Empire
* Cleopatra for Egypt
* Dido for Carthage
* Franco for Spain
* Henry VIII for England
* Hirohito for Japan
* Ivan IV for Russia
* Jayavarman VII for Khmer
* Joan of Arc for France
* Kangxi for China
* Lenin for Russia
* Leonidas for Greece
* Marcus Aurelius for Rome
* Masinissa for Carthage
* Nebuchadrezzar II for Babylon
* Nefertiti for Egypt
* Richelieu for France
* Wilhelmina for Dutch

Credits
-------

Civ 4 Gold Team for the original leaders (full list of authors at: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=255259)
All the various authors who made the new leader graphics

Where exactly do we get 2.71?
Well, you can't :lol: But the pack works with v2.7 too (tested). I've just made it with the 2.71 version I'm working on which has WoC module loading system turned on (MLF files will be then required to load modules, RoM v2.7 ignores them currently ie. uses standard BtS modular system). Modmakers can use this pack as an example how to make their own MLF control files if they add new subfolders that aren't defined by the default MLF files.

Can I just get confirmation that this is now *included* in 2.71 and that we do not need to download it separately to enjoy the wider variety of leaders?

Yes, they are included in v2.71.
zappara, I can't get the new leaders to work with v2.71. With v2.70 + Leaderpack 1 installed they show up just fine, but with v2.71 they don't show up at all when I go to create a new game. I see all of them in Rise of Mankind\Assets\Modules\Custom Leaderheads\ but they're not being loaded?

The only differences between the included and separate download appear to be the separate leaderpack uses RoMLeaderpack1_MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml while the included version uses MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml. The former uses <DefaultConfiguration>Modules_RoM</DefaultConfiguration> while the latter specifies <DefaultConfiguration>Modules_RoMLeaderPack1</DefaultConfiguration>. I've tried running the mod with either and both of these XML files and nothing gets the leaders to show up when I create a game.

Sorry if I'm resurrecting a dead thread, but I tried manually adding a few of these civilizations to my game, and the civilizations in question simply disappeared from the selection list.

Did I miss something? Or do I need to reinstall the mod altogether?

Sorry if I'm resurrecting a dead thread, but I tried manually adding a few of these civilizations to my game, and the civilizations in question simply disappeared from the selection list.

Did I miss something? Or do I need to reinstall the mod altogether?

These leaders are already in RoM 2.8 full.

Thanks, but I found the problem myself. I was trying to add civilizations with incompatible information in some of the XML files that caused the entire civilization to disappear.

Top Bottom