Multiple Production Mod

denev

Warlord
For BtS 3.19

This mod changes game rule about city production.
When a city production is enough to finish next queue item, more than one item is finished in the same turn. (If next item doesn't exist, it will go in the same way as original rule.)
When production overflow floods from overflow capacity, it is used to next queue item immediately, not to be converted into gold.

for example,
  • If you order missiles (small cost) indefinitely in mega production city, multiple missiles are finished in the same turn.
  • In mega production city with limit overflow, if you order a Theatre (small cost) first and a Recycle Center (big cost) second as a next queue item, all production which is to be converted into gold is used to Recycle center immediately. (And limit overflow is carried over.)
about details:
  • To eliminate pre build-exploit, this changed rule is not applied to all wonders and all projects.
    To eliminate building food-produced units (Settlers and Workers) without blocking city growth, the rule is not applied to food-produced units too.
    But exceptionally when first item is food-produced unit, following food-produced items are available in this rule.
  • In 3.19, there is the issues with converting calculation about production overflow to gold.
    This mod use calculation method with 3.17 unofficial patch (Thanks to unofficial patch developers!).
  • When converting production to gold occurs, it shows a message. (But I'm not a native speaker, it may include wrong text.)

Change Log:
ver 0.03
  1. Fixed stating mega converting issue with multiple production disabled.
ver 0.02
  1. Made the game option conditions.
  2. When first item is food-produced unit, following food-produced items are available in multiple production rule during the turn.

Attachments

• MultipleProductionMod_003.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,822
  • MultipleProductionMod_003_forBBAI080.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 724
Coolness :) I had thought of doing something along these lines myself once, but I was just going to have it work for units and make duplicates of what you just created if you had enough overflow to make a second one immediately. This approach is a bit better I would imagine, and easier to code as well.

:thumbsup:

That's sure something for avoiding micro-producing in cities.
Is it SDK based, or purely XML/python based?

why not? by the way: this feature as a game option would be perfect.

Being an admin of the multiplayer Civ4league, I'm really interested in the feature, I think it could be super interesting in terms of gameplay.
Especially for game starts in later era (which are common for us) those will reward productive cities that actually produce +1 unit a turn. I can see a lot of new micromanagement being possible.

That said, I wonder why you didn't allow the multiple production for food-produced units, what exploit did you had in mind.
I can see it being super useful getting 3-4 wrokers a turn for the few first turns of a Future or Renaissance event !

why not? by the way: this feature as a game option would be perfect.

I agree !
Ideally, you could choose between 3 option : Normal / Multiple Production / Multiple (& Food) production !

Thx for this in any case !

He set it up to apply the overflow to the next item on the list, not to another copy of the exact same item. So if you carefully select your tiles to barely miss popping out a worker this turn, then swap back to all your lush Super-Food tiles for the next turn and have a wonder lined up to follow the worker, you just applied a ton of food to your wonder.

It MIGHT be possible to re-write it to allow the overflow on food produced units, but to rebate the overflow as food first, then anything beyond what food you would be capable of producing normally overflows as hammers.

for everyone:

Thanks for each interesting ideas.
I'm working on next version.

for P&nny:
That said, I wonder why you didn't allow the multiple production for food-produced units, what exploit did you had in mind.
Because I'm afraid that you can produce food-produced units without blocking city population growth.
When the city has enough production to build both of Warrior (non food-produced unit) and Worker (food-produced unit), if you order a Warrior as first item, and order a Worker as next item, then it is possible.

But it certainly isn't smart way to restrict multiple workers production.
Now I'm reviewing the following idea:

In principle, multiple production rule isn't applied to food-produced unit.
Exceptionally, when first queue item is food-produced unit, the rule is applied to following food-produced items.

Oh I see. I had thought that it wasn't applied when the Current unit was Food produced, not when the NEXT unit was.

I would say if you are pumping out enough production that you can build a worker AND a warrior in a single turn, you are probably not worried about gaining population in that city. So it should be fine to allow the overflow in all cases. Completely IMO though.

Looks excellent, denev! :goodjob:

I'm gonna keep a close eye on this one.

Especially for MP games where Quick speed is the norm, it would be nice to not have to worry about hitting the "roof" on production in cities like a HE+IronWorks.

I'm just wondering how rush-buy will work, and to a lesser extent, the whip.

I would say if you are pumping out enough production that you can build a worker AND a warrior in a single turn, you are probably not worried about gaining population in that city. So it should be fine to allow the overflow in all cases. Completely IMO though.

I have reflected what to do about this point.
This problem is so petty for practical games, but I believe it is good to keep original rules as far as possible.
I understand it is not smart way to add exceptional rules, but this problem is so difficult for me.

I'm still running the 3.17 patch, and I get game crashes whenever I try to combine this mod into the original source code. I'm only copying over the lines of code that are marked as "//Multiple Production" but I'm guessing you are referencing stuff that was changed in the 3.19 mod, even though I don't get any errors while compiling. What would need to be changed to make it compatible with 3.17?

Top Bottom