Evil Castle (Fortress and Barricade)

nick0515

C7 Fanatic
This is my first graphic upload. It's two evil castles to replace the fotress and barricade. The original castle graphic is from Age of Empires II. It could be used as a normal medieval castle too but I made it for my fantasy scenario.

As it's my first graphic any advice/criticism would be appreciated.

Version 1 download

Version 2 (added 16.10.2009) Download

Attachments

• Evil Castle Preview.jpg
    Evil Castle Preview.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 5,587
  • Evil Castle v2.0 Preview.jpg
    Evil Castle v2.0 Preview.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 6,089
Thanks for the nice comments guys.

Oz I intend to make more graphics.

Huayna Capac357 Yeah I love that poster. Really taking the piss out of anti-piracy stuff, and also of the "Reds under the Bed" mentality that still exists in many people's minds today. Despite the end of the cold war.

Tres cool. *Downloaded*

Thanks nick0515! ;)

Thanks for the nice comment da3dalus. It feels good to contribute something to the Civ community after so many years of downloading great stuff myself.

I realise looking at it that it actually doesn't look that evil really. I'll have to increase it's evilness for my scenario I think. Perhaps lava in the moat instead of water.

Nick

I'm not using it for a fantasy scenario, so I've edited out the red in the windows for my own purposes. I could totally use a fortress/barricade that has spires instead of a fortress style battlements because my mod takes place on the cusp of the renaissance...spires would look more appropriate until you advance to the gunpowder age with bastions à la trace italienne. If you do manage one with spires I'd love to see it! :D

I'm not using it for a fantasy scenario, so I've edited out the red in the windows for my own purposes. I could totally use a fortress/barricade that has spires instead of a fortress style battlements because my mod takes place on the cusp of the renaissance...spires would look more appropriate until you advance to the gunpowder age with bastions à la trace italienne. If you do manage one with spires I'd love to see it! :D

Yeah the red windows were really the only thing making it look 'evil' instead of just medieval.

I might have a go with the spires maybe, but I fear my grapics making skills aren't up to that. It was largely a cut n paste conversion from AOEII. I'm don't have many skills in making something from scratch. Maybe I could find some premade spires to add somewhere.

Top Bottom