Barbarian Uprising on the second turn

99wattr89

Warlord
I know that uprisings are pretty broken, but this is just hilarious.

Earlier today I got a great start, plenty of resources, a village just next to my start site and another off north at the edge of my view.

I popped Bronze Working right away, and found copper in my BFC, but before I could even hook it up, the very next turn four archers spawned at my border. XD

Earlier today I got a great start, plenty of resources, a village just next to my start site and another off north at the edge of my view.

I popped Bronze Working right away, and found copper in my BFC, but before I could even hook it up, the very next turn four archers spawned at my border. XD

you will remember to do this in the future.

1. check new seed on reload

2. save the game as soon as you start

3. save as soon as you pop a tech.

you will remember to do this in the future.

1. check new seed on reload

2. save the game as soon as you start

3. save as soon as you pop a tech.

Heh, I really wasn't upset, it was only 30 seconds in.

It's more annoying when you've beeing going for a while.

Or you can just turn random events off.

Why? I'm not complaining, I just found it amusing.

That is pure gold! :rotfl:

I don't suppose you kept a save of it, or a screenshot at least, so we can use it to demonstrate the brokenness of these events?

I thought there was a coded x turns before an event could occur no matter what, but maybe I was mistaken.

Yes, 20 turns. Somebody also has to know Poly and the player getting the uprising archers must have Archery for defensive units to get the event iirc. Strange...maybe the OP didn't patch?

That is pure gold! :rotfl:

I don't suppose you kept a save of it, or a screenshot at least, so we can use it to demonstrate the brokenness of these events?

Yes, I had a great laugh at the outrageousness of it!

I'm afraid not - my autosaves get overwritten automatically and I'm not sure how to make the game keep them.

Yes, 20 turns. Somebody also has to know Poly and the player getting the uprising archers must have Archery for defensive units to get the event iirc. Strange...maybe the OP didn't patch?

o.O

Well, I have .19, so that's wierd.

I've had this even before without archery - I think BW allows it, that or the AI having archery.
An AI could have popped Polytheism, but if there realy is a 20 turn weight then that's odd - some sort of glitch? Now I really wish I had that autosave.

You cannot pop poly from a hut (beside, even if you could, you would have seen polytheism founded).

That is clearly weird; perhaps post into the bug forum ?

You cannot pop poly from a hut (beside, even if you could, you would have seen polytheism founded).

That is clearly weird; perhaps post into the bug forum ?

I don't have a save or anything, but I guess I will if it ever happens again.

On a semi-related note, how do you know which techs can and can't be popped? Is there a list somewhere?

the event of lots of barbarians showing up really early is very annoying. i like events overall and dont want to get rid of them in case that one shows up. and its so stupid, to think that every time we play we should forsake strategy just to build enough defense to be ok in the rare instance that happens. so most often when that happens, players are screwed. its pretty stpid i think, but what i started doing is if i had a good game i didn't want ruined, i just go to worldbuilder, grab some tanks, kill the barbs, delete the tanks and continue. stupid barbs.

best techs i've gotten from huts....one game i got two huts in the first 15 turns, one was BW, next was IW. that was crazy. i was in the classical era in like 3500 bc. once i got aesthetics. and a couple late game huts game me construction, and metal casting.

the event of lots of barbarians showing up really early is very annoying. i like events overall and dont want to get rid of them in case that one shows up. and its so stupid, to think that every time we play we should forsake strategy just to build enough defense to be ok in the rare instance that happens. so most often when that happens, players are screwed. its pretty stpid i think, but what i started doing is if i had a good game i didn't want ruined, i just go to worldbuilder, grab some tanks, kill the barbs, delete the tanks and continue. stupid barbs.

Why not just delete the barbarians?

lol, good one, thats hilarious. i am a fool. i was always so focused on killing them, i forgot could just delete them. well, thats what i'll do now! btw, i heard using world builder on a game changes the win somehow, but i did it once and it didn't seem to.

lol, good one, thats hilarious. i am a fool. i was always so focused on killing them, i forgot could just delete them. well, thats what i'll do now! btw, i heard using world builder on a game changes the win somehow, but i did it once and it didn't seem to.

Heh heh, no, using the World Builder has no effect.

The code in CvRandomEventInterface.py which triggers this event says that for the event to trigger: 1. Someone must know archery. 2. Someone must know polytheism. 3. The target must have the capability to build archers.

I did not see anything about a turn limit in this code, but it may be in another place. Either way, it must have been a bug because it isn't possible to have hinduism on turn 2 unless your game is modded in some way that might change that.

The code in CvRandomEventInterface.py which triggers this event says that for the event to trigger: 1. Someone must know archery. 2. Someone must know polytheism. 3. The target must have the capability to build archers.

I did not see anything about a turn limit in this code, but it may be in another place. Either way, it must have been a bug because it isn't possible to have hinduism on turn 2 unless your game is modded in some way that might change that.

Heh, I didn't even have Archery. No modding either.

The AI did, but no-one had Polytheism, asuming you can't get it from villages.

On a side note, what does Polytheism have to do with barbarian uprisings?

i've had the barb event w/o having archery as well

Top Bottom