new unit animation: ModernInfantryDrop

Balou

Jungle Bear
Here is the drop animation for the modern infantry unit as some of you requested.
It is basically the ParatrooperDrop animation with the paratrooper replaced by the modern infantry model. This sounds easier than it really was. There were some problems that nearly made me go out of my mind but I´m happy now to have it in the game. The landing is not 100% perfect but I tested it in the game and it is barely visible. Also, the shadows are still from the paratrooper. It is really a good thing that after the drop animation is through the southwest direction of the default animation is played instead of south. Otherwise you would notice that the transition between the drop and default animation is not smooth.

Anyway, here is the preview:

Included in the .zip- file is, of course, the drop animation and an updated .ini- file. You will need to make the changes to the scenario file yourself.
Please read the Readme before you extract the files.

Awesome:goodjob: The Modern Infantry is fast becoming my all-purpose Unit:D Finally! Something Modern Armor cant do!

Originally posted by joespaniel
Nice work B.

This unit should have went into PTW.
Well, who knows....... ;)

:goodjob: Great job Balou - the drop animation has been sorely missed by the DyP Mob .. ehrm.....Mod - sorry... :crazyeye:

Thank you guys.
I know why I did not want to do the drop animation before, it´s really a lot of work for just one animation.

The modern infantry unit won´t be in PTW because I was not able to meet the deadline. Anyway, you can all download it here so this is not really a problem.

At last.... This is by far the best custom unit yet made! I have been waiting quite long for someone to make a modern infantry unit. This is almost ideal since it has the m16 and the uniform. It even has the 3 round burst!! At least on the quality level of Firaxis itself!

I wouldn´t say it´s the best custom made unit. There are many other great units out there.
We are not competing with eachother here who does the best units. Art is never competition, at least that´s how I look at it.
By the way, the soldier fires only two single shots, not a full 3-round burst.
Anyway, thank you. I do the best I can to bring you good new units.

Originally posted by Balou
I wouldn´t say it´s the best custom made unit. There are many other great units out there.
We are not competing with eachother here who does the best units. Art is never competition, at least that´s how I look at it.
By the way, the soldier fires only two single shots, not a full 3-round burst.
Anyway, thank you. I do the best I can to bring you good new units.

Fishing for compliments, huh ;)

I like infantry more than tanks. It is great having some modern types to augment the modern armor and mech infantry.

Just great !!

I was was really missing this drop animation.

The modern infantry is complete now !

Thanks

At risk of sounding repetitive, great job! I think I'll give it to America as a useful UU, or maybe to all of the Western Nations to face off against the Viet Cong that I'll give to China, Japan, and India

Top Bottom