What does affect the stability (map depended)?

The_J

Say No 2 Net Validations
Administrator
Supporter
I have a problem with my mod: It doesn't run stable...on some maps.

I have 15 premade maps, which i've converted from BtS to my mod, and only 5 run stable (stable= more than 200 rounds without crash; unstable= 1 crash in the first 30 rounds, than a crash every few rounds).

Okay, now you'll say, there's sure something on the map, which you're removed in your mod. I would understand that, but i guess, the game would crash immediatly with that. Also all games, which i produce with the mapscripts (1 modified Archipegalo, 1 modified Inland Sea, 1 modified Rainforest) are not stable :confused:.
The modified Archipelgalo script is from Dune Wars, so i guess it's stable there, because nobody has reported problems with stability.
I've changed the map sizes some time ago, but i've also removed them, because i thought this will sure affect all games, but it hasn't become much better (10 rounds, or so) since that.

Does anybody have any idea, where to look?
Every thought is requiered, i'll appreciate every suggestion.

Have you compiled a debug dll and seen if you get any asserts when it crashes?

I haven't changed anything in the DLL, so i don't think, it would help :dunno:.

And i also don't know, where a working makefile for 3.19 is :dunno:.

I get sometimes a python error

Spoiler :
PHP:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 705, in forceScreenRedraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 716, in redraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 1061, in updatePlotListButtons

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function forceScreenRedraw failed, module CvScreensInterface

but is seems more random, and is not reproducable.

I just totally don't understand, why some maps work :dunno:.

A debug dll is very nice though, it often times tells you things that are otherwise impossible to know. Such as bad ArtDefines strings, it actually tells you the string that is causing the problem, rather then just saying "Civ4 has encountered a problem and needs to close". I've found using a debug dll has sped up development immeasurably for me, as pretty much every critical bug I've encountered so far it's directed me toward the problem rather then just crashing and leaving me scratching my head.

Top Bottom