Bestiary of Erebus

Kael

Deity
To those interested in world lore or those looking to write stories or run D&D games based in Erebus here is a little flavor that may help. Its just a first draft and it isn't an complete list by any stretch of the imagination, but I wanted to give a decent variety of creatures that were relatively FfHish.

Enjoy.

Download: Bestiary of Erebus

Interesting...and we finally found out what happened to Anesidora.
Edit: Although, whats the age of Invention?

So so cool... Thank you. I was just about to post a wish list of things missing flavor text in the pedia, and this covers a whole lot.

So was I mistaken in thinking that Aeron created the werewolves? Now I can't remember where I got that.

Wait a minute...so Acherons a chick? well now i know, but i coulda sworn i read in one of magisters posts that shes a he.. ah well kael overides Magister. Thanks alot for the marautule, now I wont be able to sleep at night

Wait a minute...so Acherons a chick? well now i know, but i coulda sworn i read in one of magisters posts that shes a he.. ah well kael overides Magister. Thanks alot for the marautule, now I wont be able to sleep at night

Acheron is a he, thats my mistake.

Awesome. Thanks for this, Kael! :D

Great :D
Gave me some more material for some more things, too...

I found several errors worse than that. I don't remember all of them, but I do recall thinking it was odd that the forest spirit would raise Treants to defend itself when the autocracies against it become pronounced enough. I had no idea that the forest hated self-rule that much. (I think you meant to say atrocities.)

The Chaos Marauders were supposed to be the protocol droids/C-3P0s of Erebus?

Really like this so far.

I found another error- under Abashi, it says "As long as that rune remains, Tebryn cannot dir." I think you meant "die". And for Acheron, it says "Je is jealous and temperamental...", I think you meant "he".

They claim to not be descended from men, but born form the clay statues of Kheldon Ki and given life by Kilmorph herself. Scholars argue that the dwarven use of magic (though limited) and the fact that dwarves can ascend as both angels and demons proves that they are children of Nemed and descended from men.

Ouch......

This can't be true! The third creature listed are Pixies...and they don't seem to have a dark side to them

Seriously though...this looks like a great resource to add some extra events from (+1 culture for a Pixie assisted monument, units stumbling across a Ram of vir for a one of healing, tomb wardens damaging graverobbers (in addition to any other good/bad result), unhappy cities demanding a nearby forest be cut down because pesky Touttus' have been leading children astray (which in turn could perhaps result in a Treant being spawned), Adepts receiving free XP as a gift from Lucerna...

This can't be true! The third creature listed are Pixies...and they don't seem to have a dark side to them...

Agreed. They taste great no matter how you cook 'em. Personally, I recommend clipping the wings and boiling them alive, as per lobster, mixing in a few choice herbs and spices, then drinking the resulting broth, but there's quite a few other wonderful preparation methods. :devil:

Agreed. They taste great no matter how you cook 'em. Personally, I recommend clipping the wings and boiling them alive, as per lobster, mixing in a few choice herbs and spices, then drinking the resulting broth, but there's quite a few other wonderful preparation methods. :devil:

Really? I always thought that wing gave that...crunchy taste that I always enjoyed. I recommand eating them alive, sugar and saltiness in their blood is quite enough. They rather taste like soft lollipops if consumed with this method.

Boiling is also a good method of doing it. however, I recommand not taking off the wing, and slicing them before putting them in the pot. It will then have faster cook time, and gives quite a zing when you drink it. Also you can add in some more spice and plop in a dragon egg with a touch of evil to the broth and place it inside a coffee cup for storage. Shall we discuss other method of cooking at later times?

Mobius Witch- Once human, the mobius witches live in the bizarre between worlds of Ceridwen. In Erebus they have an odd fascination with edges, corners and doorways, sometimes to the point of fearing them. Though they display little interest in relationships with humans or with each other they are as insightful to the nature of relationships as they are obtuse about the physical world. Mobius Witches are powerful spell casters, occasionally using magic unfamiliar to Erebus (rune magic originally came from them).

Oh, Mobius Witch. I never made that connection before. I like it. Keziah Mason was totally one of those. :)

Top Bottom