BUFFY & HOF Mod Releases

Denniz

Where's my breakfast?
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
Since i bothered for months, it's nice to be first to congratulate for the new Mod.

Eager to see it in game.
Expect an astonishing monarch time game in few weeks (surely not days, it will be a long game)

:goodjob:

In addtion to the release of BUFFY for BTS 3.19, we are also releasing HOF-1.74.004 and HOF-2.13.004 with a fix to an Unit Recommendation exploit.
Request: what is this "fix to an Unit Recommendation exploit"?

Thanks to all the people involved in making this happen! Looking forward to playing around with it. Hopefully it'll encourage people to use the HOF mod for their regular games, increasing HOF participation :)

Got 3.19 installed and the BUFFY mod downloaded, and it works! On Vista, no less!

I have never used the BUG mod before, so I can't compare, but from the first few minutes of a test game, I can tell I'm going to like it a lot.

At first the 3.19 patch wouldn't load. Then I realized that my .ini file still had the 3.17 HOF mod enabled on startup. Once I disabled that, everything worked great. Gave me a scare, but all is well now.

Thanks!

Will in progress games on HOF 3.17 still be accepted?

I updated the AssetChecker (v2.2) to handle BUFFY, 3.19 and the new HOF Mods for Vanilla and Warlords.

So if you are getting the Assets warnings message on your Victory Screen, Setting tab, this program will help diagnose where your assets are different. Just follow the directions on the linked page.

I updated the AssetChecker (v2.2) to handle BUFFY, 3.19 and the new HOF Mods for Vanilla and Warlords.

I get a 404 message when I try to download this. The 2.1 checker downloads ok so I don't think it's my system.

Question:
I've seen a "raising seas" option which can cause GW to raise the sea lavel.

How this new Mod takes care of the GW nightmare?

•added Golbal Warming Mod
I've seen this, but not many info about it (there's even a typo).

edit: Is this the thread where to find infos?

Hi, this is really great. I've downloaded the new Mods and Buffy fires up fine - loads of new stuff! But I've just got one question - I no longer have the HoF Mod 1, 2 and 3 tabs available under Options. I'm talking about the screens where you can set the alerts and also set the MapFinder paths etc etc. MapFinder doesn't work at the moment and I'm not sure what I need to do to activate it and set my alerts?

Edited to add: The link to Bug Wiki in the Mods section on the Hall of Fame doesn't work. It asks for a user name and password.

Question:
I've seen a "raising seas" option which can cause GW to raise the sea lavel.

How this new Mod takes care of the GW nightmare?

•added Golbal Warming Mod
I've seen this, but not many info about it (there's even a typo).

edit: Is this the thread where to find infos?
The Global Warming Mod is the from Minor Annoyance: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=11408. I am pretty sure the Rising Seas option is just a optional part of the mod.

Hi, this is really great. I've downloaded the new Mods and Buffy fires up fine - loads of new stuff! But I've just got one question - I no longer have the HoF Mod 1, 2 and 3 tabs available under Options. I'm talking about the screens where you can set the alerts and also set the MapFinder paths etc etc. MapFinder doesn't work at the moment and I'm not sure what I need to do to activate it and set my alerts?

Edited to add: The link to Bug Wiki in the Mods section on the Hall of Fame doesn't work. It asks for a user name and password.
Use CTL-Shift-O to get the BUG Options. (That should be flashing on the screen as a reminder.) Everything that used to be on the HOF Tabs is found there plus much, much more. ;) There is also a help file folks can access from there.

I thought I had the correct link for the wiki. I will have to find the right one. You can follow the BUG Information link from the original post for more information. Edit: it is fixed now. Be sure to refresh your screen.

Thanks for the reply Denniz. I have tried ctrl-shift-O, but nothing happens :( I can't see any reminder on the screen anywhere.

Typing ctrl-o brings up the standard game option screens.

Typing alt-m now seems to be the reminder command - was alt-n previously I think. Have I done something wrong? Buffy itself is working fine.

oops. It's ALT-Ctrl-O. :blush:

Attachments

• alt-ctrl-O.jpg
    alt-ctrl-O.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 340
  • BUG_options.jpg
    BUG_options.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 443
Top Bottom