BUFFY Mod released!

ainwood

Consultant.
Administrator
The BUFFY mod is a collaboration between the BUG (Beyond the Sword Unaltered Gameplay) and HOF (Hall Of Fame) teams (with a bit of input from the Game Of The Month team) to deliver a combined mod that has the best of both mods included. They've been working on it for some time, and it's now ready for release. Here is their press release:

Hall of Fame and Game of the Month Participants

The Hall of Fame and Game of the Month Staffers have heard your pleas and have enlisted the assistance of the BtS Unaltered Gameplay Team to bring you:

BUFFY

All the unaltered gameplay awesomeness of BUG plus the cutting-edge time-savers in BULL rolled up in one HOF/GOTM compatible package.

In addition to the extensive BUG enhancements to the Main Screen and Advisors, some of the many features that BUFFY brings to you include ...

• Strategy Layer
  • Whip Assist
  • Enhanced Hovers
  • Advanced Combat Odds
  • BUG Charts
  • Global Warming Mod
  • Map Finder
Download: BUFFY for 3.19

For more information, please visit the BUG Announcement Thread.

The Hall of Fame and GOTM Staffs wish to express their thanks to the BUG Team for their dedication to this effort.

The BUFFY mod is a collaboration between the BUG (Beyond the Sword Unaltered Gameplay) and HOF (Hall Of Fame) teams (with a bif of input from the Game Of The Month team) to deliver a combined mod that has the best of both mods included. They're been working on it for some time, and its now ready for release. Here is their press release:

Definitely not word smiths, that part you have right. But you're a great team of programmers. But, at what point will BUG + BAT + BULL + BUFFY be combined into 1 easy to install package with the choice of BBAI? Once that is done, you can spend a little time inventing a good word from the master word-smiths in the forums(BUGUAUFFYI BAUGHAFFY BAHHUMBUG) and than retire the old packages . :)

Definitely not word smiths, that part you have right. But you're a great team of programmers. But, at what point will BUG + BAT + BULL + BUFFY be combined into 1 easy to install package with the choice of BBAI? Once that is done, you can spend a little time inventing a good word from the master word-smiths in the forums(BUGUAUFFYI BAUGHAFFY BAHHUMBUG) and than retire the old packages . :)
BUFFY includes BUG and BULL and some HOF required code. We did discuss throwing in BAT but that would swell the d/l dramatically (IIRC, from 17mb to over 200mb). As such, we decided against that.

It is my understanding that BBAI will be optionally folded into BULL at some stage.

Im trying to merge BUFFY with the NEXT WAR Mod and the World Size and Speed mod.

Al seems to go well but the games arent HOF compatible offcourse.

Is there a easy way to disable HOF so the warning message (This game is not compatible...) doesnt pop up anymore?

Im trying to merge BUFFY with the NEXT WAR Mod and the World Size and Speed mod.

Al seems to go well but the games arent HOF compatible offcourse.

Is there a easy way to disable HOF so the warning message (This game is not compatible...) doesnt pop up anymore?

It might be easier to merge with BAT/BULL, rather than BUFFY. If you post something in the BUG Forum, I'm sure they'll point you in the right direction.

It might be easier to merge with BAT/BULL, rather than BUFFY. If you post something in the BUG Forum, I'm sure they'll point you in the right direction.

I know but i already merged it....
I guess theres no easy way then to do this?

I would like to use BUFFY in my linux+wine civ4 install, but it refuses to run the .exe. Is is possible to install BUFFY by manually copying the assets, dll etc?

Top Bottom