Not open for further replies.
RIP Sir Bobby Robson

:(

I am so upset. If we manage to hold on to our key players, i'll eat my hat

Why are Leeds so terrible at play offs?

Fabian Delph off to villa for ~£6m

Jermaine Beckford out of contract at end of next season

:(

I know 6mil can buy us a lot of replacements.. but geez, its going to leave a big hole in our midfield if he goes.. and without beckford.. there is no-one to score goals!

alonso out, aquilani almost in at liverpool.

i hope his injury proneness is due to the training methods at roma. then he looks like a good replacement.

Aquilani? Cool. Let's hope the English commentators will be able to pronounce it.

The Football League is under way today, with the top result being my local team, Colchester, turning in a 7-1 demolition of newly-relegated Norwich City (and away from home to boot)!

It sounds as if they might have lost their intensity after the first 38 minutes, when they were 5-0 up. Something to work, I suspect. :)

A link to the BBC report on the game.

As a PS - Actually, I can't remember ever mentioning here how much it tickled me when they appointed Paul Lambert to be the manager - it suddenly made the local paper's sports reports more or less the same as the news stories from any Football Manager type games I was playing, e.g. "Lambert disappointed with team yet again etc." Ah, how we smirked...

its really not, liverpool fans always like to look down on arsenal while thinking its their year, yet you dont really have a much better record in recent years

OK. If 'Pool don't win the Premier League this season, will they give up on Rafa ? (And, I know, he's like a god to you guys, etc etc, but just consider for the moment the outlandish possibility that he wins you nothing again, eh ?)

I don't like Benitez.

OK. If 'Pool don't win the Premier League this season, will they give up on Rafa ? (And, I know, he's like a god to you guys, etc etc, but just consider for the moment the outlandish possibility that he wins you nothing again, eh ?)

if i think about not winning it this year i get sick, so i wont participate in this hypothetical. :p

To mark the soon beginning of a new season, i will say what i always say. Those of you who have been folowing this threads know what it is, but here it comes:

This year is Liverpool's year!

You are delusional :crazyeye: Chelsea have more of a shot than you guys do of dethroning us.

Surely the same could be said for Wenger? Although I think he's more firmly rooted at Arsenal.

I think this could be Chelsea's year but I'd like to see Liverpool win it, just to mix it up a bit.

First time in a long time that I watched some EPL games again due to some promotion here to entice us to subscribe to the sports channel.

Arsenal was simple outstanding, the game a pleasure to watch unlike the dull way Chelsea and Man City played.
How I wish this team of youngsters can get further this season. Of course it was only the first game, but tremendously entertaining Arsene Wenger style of football :goodjob:

i'm still always amazed by how stoic wenger is, whenever you saw him during the game he didn't look any happier than moyes, in the post match interviews moyes was asked was there anything positive and he said no nothing at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom