Korean Unit Pack

Darkstyx

Human
Hi Everybody,
I've been looking through the Varietas Delectat Graphics Mod (Brilliant work btw), and although all the new unit graphics were spectacular, I was lamenting the fact that Korea had such little variety and such heavy influence from Chinese units, as well as some unchanged features.

Luckily, a fellow countryman had released a modpack with Korean unit graphics on a Korean website, and I took the liberty to release some of it here. Please take note that I did not create these.

There are some units in the modpack which are totally new, like the Gaemamusa.

Screenies:

Regretfully some of the units here are not of top quality, and I will be releasing a renewed version with better quality graphics later on.

And to the makers of VD Graphics Mod, I would like to request the inclusion of some of these units in your mod. Thank You.

Borrowed from user "Bangs" on http://cafe.daum.net/civ3.

Cheers ;)

Attachments

• Korean Unit Graphics.zip
    7.7 MB · Views: 1,161
Nice work, but not all are from the user.

The transporting ship (picture 1, row 5, 2 from the left) is a conversion from Walter_Hawkwood.
The ship under that is also from another user, and the submarine at the right in the row is from The_Coyote (iirc).
On the second picture, row 5, the second vehicle from the right is from Kruger Pritz, and i guess the infantry units left from it are from Zerver.
I think, i've seen some more, but not sure.

The mounted general is nice :), also the ships :).

Very nice work. There are several models that I have not seen before, and I would like to use them. But there are no instructions for what animations each one uses. I could guess as some of them are probably using thier namesakes' animation, but I really dont want to have to chase down every single one. If they are on that link you provided, I will never know. Because my computer cant read Korean, and neither can I:).

nice.

how did you find the download section? My hangul is pretty terrible. I'm wondering if anyone there has done Leaderheads.

Well, I'm Korean so it wasn't difficult. But Korean sites are practically inaccessible to foreigners (they always require an account but you can't create one unless you're a foreigner living in Korea with a Foreigner identity number :()

As for leaderheads, I found out they were actually using the Sejong one I created for Civfanatics, and the rest are either static or just reskins (unfortunately no high quality custom leaderheads like yours Ekmek) ;)

This is the probably the best stuff you'll get out of that website.
Cheers.

Well, I'm Korean so it wasn't difficult. But Korean sites are practically inaccessible to foreigners (they always require an account but you can't create one unless you're a foreigner living in Korea with a Foreigner identity number :()

As for leaderheads, I found out they were actually using the Sejong one I created for Civfanatics, and the rest are either static or just reskins (unfortunately no high quality custom leaderheads like yours Ekmek) ;)

This is the probably the best stuff you'll get out of that website.
Cheers.

(Hey, some interesting units to look through! Thank you.)

Once again I find some interesting information while interacting at CivFanatics. I had no idea Korea had such resrictions on internet access of foreigners.

Great work, Darkstyx!
But did you check some of the latest versions of VD? Those already have Bakuel's Koreans included, which is anything but little variety or quality (and I also think it should be pretty accurate)

Top Bottom