Civ 4 Col Modding Tutorials Index

TC01

Deity
I got tired of digging through the forum to try and find tutorials, so I decided to make this. It's simply a list of all tutorials or reference things that I could find on Civ 4 Col through a brief search of this forum. If there are some I missed, just give me their links and I'll add them in.

Advice is something I'm going to be adding. Once someone asks a modding question, someone usually gives an answer. However good that answer is, it will be lost in the forums since it isn't a real tutorial. Now, I'm going to sticky all "Modding Advice" in this thread as I come across it (or even ask for it).

Civilization IV: Colonization Modding Tutorials and References

1. Adding a new yield/resource to Col by Fortuente
  2. Civ4Col Random Events by TC01
  3. Compiling a DLL for Colonization with VS 2005/2008 by alpaca*
  4. Explanation of GlobalDefines.xml by Melinko
  5. Getting Civ4 Units into Civ4Col by Deliverator
  6. How to Add New Buildings to the City Management Screen by Kailric
  7. How to change REF Starting Size and Growth by historix69
  8. How to Convert a Civ 4 Mapscript by TC01
  9. Loading a Mod Directly by Dendroid

Civilization IV: Colonization Modding Advice

1. Adding a new Tradable Yield from Aymerick (placeholder for full tutorial)
  2. Changing Education and Missionary Threshold Increase from KJ Jansson
  3. Changing the Number of Civs on a Map Size from Dale
  4. Creating a City Artstyle/City Set from Aymerick
  5. Creating a Modular Civilization from Aymerick
  6. Fixing an issue with alpaca's Makefile from TC01
  7. iImmigrationWeight and iImmigrationWeightDecay from GVBN and Polobo
  8. The Danger of Comments in CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml from drjest2000 and KJ Jansson

For other tutorials about modding Civ 4 check the Modiki or the Civ 4 Modding Tutorials Forum. These are Col specific tutorials only. They aren't on the Modiki because there's no Col modding tutorial section there and I'm not sure where to add them anyway.

I updated it with a new tutorial I just wrote on converting a Civ 4 mapscript to Col. Don't know how useful it will be.

I forgot about this. I'll PM a moderator to do that right now.

I've just recently started to make a col mod and I need to ask if you can use the MODS folder in documents instead of the one in program files? I ask this because I can't extract any Downloaded mods to the program files MODS folder.

I've just recently started to make a col mod and I need to ask if you can use the MODS folder in documents instead of the one in program files? I ask this because I can't extract any Downloaded mods to the program files MODS folder.

Yeah, it needs to go in "Program Files/..../Civ4Col/Mods/". Mods won't work properly if installed in the Documents/My Games folders. If you have trouble extract to desktop and copy n paste.

Yeah, it needs to go in "Program Files/..../Civ4Col/Mods/". Mods won't work properly if installed in the Documents/My Games folders. If you have trouble extract to desktop and copy n paste.

Yeah, on my newer Vista PC I can't extract files directly into my Col/Mod folder. I have to unpack them first then copy/paste just like Kaibayashi said... I find that very frustrating.

And lookout for files being marked as "read only" as you want be able to edit those until you remove that tag from its properties.

I'm going to start linking just to helpful posts in places of the forum as well, since there aren't that many "pure tutorials" on this forum. So expect an update soon.

My mod (east indies) does work if pasted in "My Documents/.../MODS"

But there have been instances when doing it that way causes problems for other mods. So it seems silly to say "except for certain mods, put them in My Games", or "except for certain mods, put them in Program Files".

Does anyone know how to add FF at the beginning of the particular scenario. WB does not have the equivalent of Add technologies in Civ4 WB.

I am in need of a step by step tutorial on how to add PRE-MADE units to C4C, IE: units that you folks have created for C4C.

I saw the Tut on porting from C4 to C4C but that's not what I'm looking for.

Thanks

Top Bottom