Earth Maps

NeverMind

Proud to be Russian
This pack includes 15 Real Earth maps converted from Civ4. I hope, it will help modders to create some historical scenarios for Colonization.

Maps:
  • World Map (Rhye) 124x68
  • World Map (Carter) 192x120
  • Giant Earth Map (Genghis Kai) 210x90
  • America (Knopfdruckoffz) 115x150
  • South America (Jon Shafer) 44x60
  • The Caribbean (Cwyn) 84x52
  • Africa (Jon Shafer) 54x66
  • India (-sr) 65x64
  • Indonesia (Madfox) 184x108
  • East Asia (Jon Shafer) 65x82
  • The Philippines (wakwak) 48x64
  • Australia (-sr) 114x80
  • New Zealand (CMKMStephens) 79x99
  • Europe (Jon Shafer) 100x73
  • Antarctica (-sr) 132x104

Note: These maps are fully playable, but miss some col-specific elements, like marshes and ruins. So they need further development.

Download (307k)

Installation: Unpack to Col2/PublicMaps

Credits: Jon Shafer, -sr, Rhye, Carter, Genghis Kai, Knopfdruckoffz, Cwyn, Madfox, wakwak, CMKMStephens

Preview (Click here to see other maps preview):

Hi NeverMind,
It's great to see some realistic maps again for colonization, which aren't of America :)
I have a favor to ask you, for my mod (The East Indies) I had this map in mind:
and all the natives + colonies are based on that. So if you could combine some pieces (don't know if that's possible) of the maps you already have then I could create a nice scenario map.
Thanks in advance.

Hi, CivLucas. :)
Actually, I kept in mind your mod, when looked for maps to convert. But have not found any suitable one yet. We cant combine some pieces of different maps directly, but maybe we could cut East Indies region from giant Earth maps. I'll report to you as soon as I get smth. workable.

Added 8 new maps:
World Map (Carter) 192x120
Giant Earth Map (Genghis Kai) 210x90
America (Knopfdruckoffz) 115x150
South America (Jon Shafer) 44x60
The Caribbean (Cwyn) 84x52
Indonesia (Madfox) 184x108
The Philippines (wakwak) 48x64
New Zealand (CMKMStephens) 79x99

Click here to see the maps preview.

Hi NeverMind,
I want to add cities for the natives on some of your maps, so that they're not randomly generated. Is this hard to do and if not could you try to explain it to me. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Or should I make one with the mapmaker for original civ4, and then convert it?

The Australia map has a problem when sailing from Europe. Only one button shows up even when both east and west zones have been uncovered. And where the ship gets sent seems semi random. I think the zones must not be defined properly or something.

Top Bottom