7 'Book' Wonders

georgestow

Proud to be Awesome
These are 7 wonders I made based around different books and authors. I believe that these are all books that have stood the test of time(or believe will). I don't know who made the original book improvement, but I thank them and would give them the credit they deserve if I knew who it was.
Mein Kampf - Adolf Hitler; Brothers Grimm Fairy Tales - Brothers Grimm; Complete Works of William Shakespeare - William Shakespeare; Harry Potter Series - J.K. Rowling; Works of Charles Dickens - Charles Dickens; Arabian Nights/ 1001 Nights - Unknown; 95 Theses - Martin Luther.

Attachments

• Book Wonders.zip
    553.4 KB · Views: 97
Harry Potter - Mein Kampf - Shakespeare... your choices made my day :suicide:
Other than that, good job ;)

These are cool. Would you mind making a wonder-making tutorial? Or at least just post a blank thing of grass to do image editing onto?

Thanks!
And Huayna, you'll probably find this link interesting.

These are 7 wonders I made based around different books and authors. I believe that these are all books that have stood the test of time(or believe will). I don't know who made the original book improvement, but I thank them and would give them the credit they deserve if I knew who it was.
Mein Kampf - Adolf Hitler; Brothers Grimm Fairy Tales - Brothers Grimm; Complete Works of William Shakespeare - William Shakespeare; Harry Potter Series - J.K. Rowling; Works of Charles Dickens - Charles Dickens; Arabian Nights/ 1001 Nights - Unknown; 95 Theses - Martin Luther.

Hmm, Luther, Shakespeare, and unfortunately, Hitler, I would agree with. When reading to my kids when they were small, Beatrix Potter was what we read, not the Brothers Grimm. I do not know anyone that is reading that. Arabian Nights so so, again not what I would call much in current use. Rowling needs to stay around a while. Dickens, not sure about that either.

You missed all of Jules Verne's books, and Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes. Also, the Iliad and the Odyssey probably should get precedence over the Arabian Nights. Both Tolkien and C.S. Lewis are probably going to last better than Rowling. Mary Shelley's Frankenstein also deserves notice. To each his or hers own, I guess.

Agree with much of the above... Not all books are the ones I'd choose but it doesn't hurt to have them :) Very good job on these! I think the Communist Manifesto and the Little Red Book deserve notice too.

You missed all of Jules Verne's books, and Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes. Also, the Iliad and the Odyssey probably should get precedence over the Arabian Nights. Both Tolkien and C.S. Lewis are probably going to last better than Rowling. Mary Shelley's Frankenstein also deserves notice. To each his or hers own, I guess.

I know at least the Iliad and the Odyssey have been made.

Althoguh Beatrix Potter may be a more preferable choice in reading tales to children, the Brothers Grimm collected an made known probably the most famous and well known fairy tales. So while their original work may not be read as much, adaptations of many of their collected stories are in wider use than Beatrix Potter. Although I can understand your point.
Arabian Nights, while maybe not being read frequently by people nowadays, has had a larhe audience throughout many previous generations.
I wasn't too sure about Rowling, but there's no harm in making an extra wonder, right? Nobody right now can be really sure whether she'll go down as a great author, but she might.
I'm very sure about Dickens. Although his books are not to my personal taste, he had a great political influence on Britain with his books, while still entertainin the common man.
I don't know who Jules Verne is.....
Maybe I should have done Sherlock Holmes, I guess it just never crossed my mind.
Same with Tolkein and C.S.Lewis.
And I don't know who Mary Shelles is either.

So now people know many of the reasons I made behind these books.

Adding additional books to tha game like SunZu's "Art of War" is quite agood idea, also your choice of arabian nights, grimm's tales, Dickens and Shakespear was really good. the problem ist which books/authors to add and which not...
I would strongly recommend to add "Das Kapital" or the "Manifest der kommunistischen Partei" /communist manifesto by Karl Marx (and Engels)
As you did add "Mein Kampf" you could also add the mao bible or some work by lenin...
Also the Hagakure would be nice (or was it included in the feud japan scenario?)
For more classical literature the Iliad should be included. Also the works of Goethe ("Faust" or "Prometheus") and Schiller (not sure which one to choose her.. perhaps "Maria Stuart", "Wilhelm Tell", "Die Jungfrau von Orleans"/Maiden of Orleans or Wallenstein) might be interesting

Some good choices, but I think Harry Potter is a bit premature.

And I second C S Lewis and J R R Tolkien.

Jules Verne is really a must for me, because he was so spot-on with his predictions.

And if nobody has mentioned this, War and Peace would be good, as well as Uncle Tom's Cabin.

I thought the Lord of the Rings or something similar would be in there. Not world changing, but very well known.

So if I were to make a second pack, again with 7 wonders, what would you want me to make?
What I can see from this thread is:
Lord of the Rings
Narnia Series
Works of Jules Verne
Frankenstein

What else do you recommend and do you agree/disagree with these choices?

I was thinking of making a 'holy book' set later on, actually, but I'd like to do them as a single set, and not tied in with these other works.

A bit older than the ones you will make but also fictional and of great importance:
Don Quixote by Cervantes
You also suggest it by yourself and it would be a nice addition: Sherlock Holmes
If you want to add more fantasy stuff I would recommend the Conan short stories as they were writen abou the same time ad Lotr and were very influential in the genre.

Some suggestions:

- Possibly Ian Fleming's 'James Bond' books, though they're more modern, but have definitely survived for a while.
- Possibly Plato's 'Republic'
- Malory's 'Le Morte d'Arthur'
- I second Sherlock Holmes, Lord of the Rings, and Narnia.

Top Bottom