The Questions not worth their own thread thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
To avoid borderline topics getting locked for non-discussion, yet still the questions are pertinent to the asker.

Why did the OP decide to capitalize words in the thread title inconsistently with previous "questions" threads?

Do we really need another one of these threads?

By the way though, you did well to steal this off abaddon.

OK, a real question - is it true that a woman in stilleto heels exerts as much pressure on the floor as an elephant?

How difficult would it be for a white man from non-EU country to immigrate to a European country, specifically Italy?

OK, a real question - is it true that a woman in stilleto heels exerts as much pressure on the floor as an elephant?

I don't see why not (if not more). Pressure is force/area, so if a woman puts her weight over that extremely small area, the Pressure would be large.

How difficult would it be for a white man from non-EU country to immigrate to a European country, specifically Italy?

If I remember correctly, you are of Italian descent. I seem to remember that states like Massachusetts, New Jersey and New York help people of Italian descent to get Italian citizenship. Do so and you can live and work anywhere in the EU, including Italia of course.

I seem to remember something about some clause that a child of a citizen can get citizenship, in which case my father is an Italian citizen, would that help?

I seem to remember something about some clause that a child of a citizen can get citizenship, in which case my father is an Italian citizen, would that help?

It would very much ease the pain and ardour of obtaining Italian citizenship for yourself. Look in to it. I suppose there is a Italian consulate in New York City?

Does anyone know any good reliable sources(scientific studies and articles) for how much co2 is put into the atmosphere and how much is by us? I always see wildly different numbers being thrown about and I'd like to know if their is any actually scientifically agreed upon set number.

I heard vog (Volcanic Smog) actually puts out more co2 than humans do. But now I can't find anything to back it up anywhere online.

Which is what I'm looking to find, I hear that often, and want to see if it's right, since most the people I see claiming it aren't the whackjobs who think global warming doesn't exist.

We can't find any info about it because... IT'S ALL A CONSPIRACY, MAN! :smoke:

Do we really need another one of these threads?

Any thread that serves to condense small discussion threads into one full-sized thread is a welcome addition to OT.

Is it true that in America the price tags don't include sales tax and you have to pay more than what it actually says on the price tag. Because that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard

Yes, because our sales taxes aren't national, they're local and state. Here in New York it's 8.605% IIRC. In the city, the city charges their own and it's a little bit more. Though I guess since price tags are put in by the store, they should just have new ones made up for the price with taxes but whatever. I like some little family owned stores I go to that just charge a nice flat rate without adding taxes making me have to get weird annoying amounts of change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom