[MODULE] Spiders

Beardy Dan

Warlord
This module changes the look of Giant- spiders, by making the “spider race” promotions change the art defines.

From left to right:
Top: Rhagodessa, Textus, Argyroneta.
Bottom: Mucro, Normal, Venenum.

The texture I used to create this was from the Goblin Spiderrider in the Warhammer mod.

Attachments

• Spiders.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 277
I think the Mucro could do with metal armour on their forelegs. They're the Sword Spiders, aren't they?

That might require changing the UVmap though, so beyond a texture edit.

I kinda of agree, I think the Mucro would look better if the Silver part of teh legs was on the lower half, but otherwise those look very nice.

That's pretty cool. Props.

Thanks guys, I Just downloaded blender & gimp the other day so im just learning what can be done.

I think the Mucro could do with metal armour on their forelegs. They're the Sword Spiders, aren't they?

That might require changing the UVmap though, so beyond a texture edit.

And beyond me for now!:badcomp:

I like it. :goodjob:

Edit: Actually, would you mind if I include this in the next version of FFPlus? Already putting a link to your post in the Download thread, along with a few other '3rd Party' addons. :lol:

Sure no problem.:woohoo:

I was going to change the python for baby spider creation so that baby spiders created by "greater" would spawn as the same type and those from normal would be blocked from becoming different types from their parent. But im not up to speed on python yet.:sad:

Dan

And Python isn't modular.

To do that with baby spiders, you'd have to change the way they are generated from XML to Python... Would have to delete:

Code:
<UnitConvertFromCombat>UNIT_GIANT_SPIDER</UnitConvertFromCombat>
			<iUnitConvertFromCombatChance>50</iUnitConvertFromCombatChance>

And instead use:
Code:
<PythonPostCombatWon>postCombatSpiderGen(pCaster,pOpponent)</PythonPostCombatWon>

Then, your python would get a random variable, say 1-100... If below 50, do nothing. 50+, make a spider. Inside if that check, check the adult for a race type, and if one is found, apply to the baby.

Went ahead and wrote up a quick version... Not fully guaranteed, but it should work. One last thing you might want to do is set the chance to a variable... Python uses 0-99, so a 50% chance uses (< 50). If you set up the rand line to read if CyGame().getSorenRandNum(100, "Spider Gen") < iSpiderBirth, with iSpiderBirth set earlier, it should work. The whole reason to do this, would be to check if the Adult happens to be Mother, who has a higher spider generation chance.

Code:
def postCombatSpiderGen(pCaster, pOpponent):
	pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(pCaster.getOwner())
	iRhagodessa = gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_SPIDER_RHAGODESSA')
	iTextus = gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_SPIDER_TEXTUS')
	iMucro = gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_SPIDER_MUCRO')
	iArgyroneta = gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_SPIDER_ARGYRONETA')
	iVenenum = gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_SPIDER_VENENUM')
	if pOpponent.isAlive():
		if CyGame().getSorenRandNum(100, "Spider Gen") < 50:
			newUnit = pPlayer.initUnit(gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_BABY_SPIDER'), pPlot.getX(), pPlot.getY(), UnitAITypes.NO_UNITAI, DirectionTypes.DIRECTION_SOUTH)
			if pCaster.isHasPromotion(iRhagodessa) == true:
				newUnit.setHasPromotion(iRhagodessa, True)
			if pCaster.isHasPromotion(iTextus) == true:
				newUnit.setHasPromotion(iTextus, True)
			if pCaster.isHasPromotion(iMucro) == true:
				newUnit.setHasPromotion(iMucro, True)
			if pCaster.isHasPromotion(iArgyroneta) == true:
				newUnit.setHasPromotion(iArgyroneta, True)
			if pCaster.isHasPromotion(iVenenum) == true:
				newUnit.setHasPromotion(iVenenum, True)

Nice graphics, I really like them. Really makes the special spiders look all the more deadly. :)

That said, there seems to be a bug with your module; with it installed, the "greater" promotions are not properly changing the unitcombat of Giant Spiders to Beast anymore.

Nice graphics, I really like them. Really makes the special spiders look all the more deadly. :)

That said, there seems to be a bug with your module; with it installed, the "greater" promotions are not properly changing the unitcombat of Giant Spiders to Beast anymore.

This!

And many, many thanks for the module, it's really cool man!

Sorry for the delay in responding, i got sucked into Eve Online. The Beast issue was caused by an odd bug with modular loading, anyway here is an updated version fixing this.

Attachments

• Spiders.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 124
Top Bottom