[MAPSCRIPT] NorthAfrica.py

TC01

Deity
You may have noticed that I recently created a tutorial called How to Convert a Civ 4 Mapscript to Civ 4 Col. The mapscript I chose to convert was a regional mapscript called Oasis.py. I then promised I'd release it as a real script after I made sure it was working.

It's working. So you can now download NorthAfrica, a mapscript based on Oasis from vanilla Civ 4! This mapscript doesn't have a lot of water, but does have a lot of land. So, the best strategy is as soon as you can, move inland. Especially if you can get colonies on the oher end of the map- for instance, in or behind the desert. It would take the REF some time to reach your forces, meanwhile the Natives in the Desert, the jungles behind the desert, or even on the coast if you haven't wiped them out can help fight them.

This script places an unusual number of tobacco and cotton because I haven't worked them into the regional resource system. Not sure why it does this, or really how to get them in.

You should be able to use this mapscript with any mod.

Download here

Installation:

1. Unzip the files (a python file and a readme) to a temporary directory.

2. Copy the NorthAfrica.py file into your Colonization/PublicMaps directory.

Credits:

-TC01

-Bob Thomas for making Oasis.py
-Firaxis for making Civ 4

Screenshots:

There are four screenshots on the download page, all of a huge-sized map.

Thanks TC01, this is a great addition. if there was a way to turn the orientation of the script, this would be a great script for the gold/ivory/slave coast portion of central Africa

Top Bottom