Ancient Iberian Units (Spain)

The Capo

godless Heathen
ANCIENT IBERIAN UNITS I
(Spain)​

I made these units because I realized Bakuel would be too busy to work on the Portuguese and Spanish ancient sets I was looking forward too. So I decided to try my hand at making some units. I intend on making a second set for Portugal but these are intended to be used for Spain. They are loosely based on some images Bakuel was going to use for his set, I say loosely because my skills are not nearly as developed as Bakuel's, so in many cases I had to either wing it or use some artistic liscence. Despite this I think they turned out pretty good.

Here is a screenshot of all of the units in a fortified position:

Spoiler :

And here are a few action shots:

Spoiler :

If you have any questions or comments I'll gladly hear them. Also if you have any ideas for some Portuguese Celtiberian/Lusitani units I'd like those ideas too.

>>DOWNLOAD<<​

Credits
achilleszero who fixed and optimized these units, Bakuel who was the inspiration for these units, danrell for making the Portuguese units I used as a base for many of these units, and Chuggi for making the Archer.

Here I fixed the axeman. You had an Environment Light shining on it and no gloss map, so it looked like a shiny helmet. But as far as I can tell there isnt anything on the head that is metal so I just deleted the effect. You probably couldnt tell it in nifskopes viewport, but I opened it in sceneviewer first and saw it right away.

Attachments

• Axeman2.zip
    115.7 KB · Views: 79
Wow that was quick. Thanks! So there's that issue fixed. I forgot to mention a few things. First animations;

Swordsman - Charlemagne Light Swordsman
Spearman - Charlemagne Heavy Spearman
Archer - Chinese Archer
Axeman - Vanilla Warrior
Horseman - Companion Cavalry
Chariot - Celtic Chariot

Most units actually use Danrell's Portuguese units as a base, Chuggi made the Spanish Archer entirely on his own, I just included it because he is no longer around and I figured it'd be a nice homage to him. Bakuel made the helmet used for the Spearman.

I think the shields on the Horse and Spearman might need to be moved around a bit, but you would need to see it in-game to judge that. I am also going to make a Portuguese ancient set at some point, it will be more Celtiberian as opposed to this, which is more Iberian. I think I'll base the Portuguese on the Lusitanii tribe.

EDIT: By the way, the posted file has not been updated with AchillesZero's fix. The fix will be posted in the database when I finalize the set.

Wow that was quick. Thanks! So there's that issue fixed. I forgot to mention a few things. First animations;

Swordsman - Charlemagne Light Swordsman
Spearman - Charlemagne Heavy Spearman
Archer - Chinese Archer
Axeman - Vanilla Warrior
Horseman - Companion Cavalry
Chariot - Celtic Chariot

as you included some animations, I figured some out some by comparing them :)

The Chariot contained the animations from Art/Units/Chariot_South_America/Chariot_Celtic.kfm while they are called the same as the celtic ones (i.e. Art/Units/Chariot_Celtic/Chariot_Celtic.kfm), some files actually do differ between the two. Just wanted to point that out.

as you included some animations, I figured some out some by comparing them :)

The Chariot contained the animations from Art/Units/Chariot_South_America/Chariot_Celtic.kfm while they are called the same as the celtic ones (i.e. Art/Units/Chariot_Celtic/Chariot_Celtic.kfm), some files actually do differ between the two. Just wanted to point that out.

This is exactly the type of . .. .. .. . I need to hear. Thanks to A to the Z and mamba for noticing.

Does anyone have a problem with the textures/models?

And about the about the models; Are the files too large? Do any parts need to be adjusted?

You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours....

Lemme get them terrain graphics up outcha' guy!!!

We're not exactly hiding anything. You can get our terrain from our SVN at any time! I can pack it into an archive for you to download, of course, but really, there's nothing that hard in using SVN (lots of unreleased units and buildings there too).

Does anyone have a problem with the textures/models?

And about the about the models; Are the files too large? Do any parts need to be adjusted?

The only problem Ive noticed is that the swordsman's head could be moved forward a little. Its too far back to where you can tell its a severed head.

Do any of these models use custom animations? If not you could probably do away with the kf's (and probably the freeze nifs since they arent actually of your units).

Yeah, I know that. I just wanted to leave everything there in case there were any issues or if anyone needed those files for some reason. I don't have much experience making units.

Thanks though, I'll fix the swordsman's head and try to get this thing posted.

AchillesZero; you said you fine-tuned these to use in your Legends of Revolution mod. Would you mind posting those units up so I can release them?

Top Bottom