How is your EU3 Game going?

TheLastOne36

Deity
My current game with spain is going well. I'm in 1450-ish, stinking rich, just started to colonialize Canary Islands, Fernando Po. I have conquered Morocco, Algeria, the Fez, and Tunisia. (I have Tunis, Mameluks have other state)

I'm have changed all of Morocco, Tunisia, and most of Algeirs to Christianity. (just Algeir's Capital and a Fez state left.) I am dealing with revolts in Former Algerian lands. They are hard to put down.

I like realistic games, i'm not the 'I'll conquer the world' guy cuz that is unrealistic. I'll likely let go my Christian North Africa states at the end of the game. :p

I'll post a map later.

It's the year 1461, I've managed to form Spain as Aragón. :D

The North African states were my first targets, and after chomping tons of land from them, Morocco split into Fez and Morocco(talk about some serious damage). I attribute this to the fact that I'm a bloodthirsty conqueror who likes to wipe out every enemy army... leaving the enemy with nothing for a few years to repel the HUGE rebel stacks that form. National collapse becomes immediate.

Over time, I conquered territory all the way from Sus to Tripolitania, with a few holes in my territory thanks to Tunis. All the North African states sans the Mamluks are now my vassals(and they like to sponsor revolts in my territory... *glare* ).

My first war was against Aquileia and Sardinia, in which Sardinian was annexed and Aquileia lost half it's territory - filled with gold - to me, thus giving me an economic boost. From there, a few accidents occurred. Venice and I allied, and we went to war against the Turks in several successive conflicts, resulting in Bulgarian independence, the growth of Venice's Greek Empire, and eventually the seizure of Thrace itself by Aragón. Successive conflicts saw disconnected Morea(with not only their home territories, but Rhodes, Crete and Kaffa!) and Wallachia break off from Turkish rule, and the complete collapse of the Turks to a single province. Bulgaria would have the honor of taking that province and annexing the Ottomans, though they'd lose it shortly after to the Karaman independence movement.

I turned on all my allies at some point. Portugal was a huge friend of mine in taking over North Africa(Sicily even got a stake in Africa too in the great war), but they sided with the enemy - Castille - at one point, and paid the piper for it. Castille was defeated thanks to NAVARRE. Assaulting and attacking Navarre's lone province demoralised the Castilians enough I was able to drive them out(only after they annexed Navarre, my poor ally... but they served their purpose at least!), and gradually reduce their entire army to nothing. Portugal saw the same fate occur, and a Pax Iberica resulted. Navarre would break away from Castille, and become a large state that it's height controlled all of Northern Iberia from Galicia to Navarre... though France would end that moment of glory.

Bulgaria was an ally of Aragón after they were released from the Turks, but they eventually turned on me, and as a result, they are now being eaten by Poland.

Italy is self-explanatory. Italy was unified thanks to Milan, and I was sure to damage them afterwards by excommunicating their ruler and declaring war. Rome will be ours in no time! :D

The full story can be seen in my story "Los Reyes de la Tierra, El Mar, y el Mundo" (The Kings of the Land, the Sea and the World) that is also in the All Other Games forum.

On religious progress, I passed the Advancement of the True Religion Act and have converted most of North Africa sans 2 provinces or so. I'm working on the Balkans now, and I hope I can get it all before my theologian dies...

How do i make a map like that? i clicked F14 and shiftF14. Where are the maps in my documents?

The maps are in your Europa Universalis III install folder under screenshots. Also how many function keys does your keyboard have?

:lol: F12 i mean.

I don't have the Screenshots folder??? (I also don't have the latest patch. :hmm:)

Okay that is odd... When I press F12 the maps go to my Screenshots folder. Same thing when I press printscreen.

Warning: the map is a bit large.

Spoiler :

This is probably my favourite game of EU3 yet. I started as Brabant and slowly conquered the Netherlands and colonised the Americas. My favourite part about it is how many nations have formed and are likely to formed. While Great Britain always forms this is my first game where Russia has formed without my intervention and Scandinavia, Italy and Spain are all likely to form and I've enever had Italy or Spain form unless I've done it but I haven't had any influence at all in Spain or Italy. Wu has formed and become the major player in China which started having huge revolts after wars with Korea and Japan and Hungary has become the regional superpower despite Austria being lucky. Hungary also invaded the Congo.

Also I'm very happy about the fact the Mongol Khanate has collapsed because in my previous games they always conquer the russian states and then enter an essential stalemate with Lithuania with each one trading several provinces back and forth during their constant wars.

How do you form Italy? I have conquered Venice and just about all of Italy save for Roma, which I left for the Papal States as a sign of respect after our bloody wars.

I do not have Sardina or the Sicilian provinces, those are owned by Spain. But I do have Corsica. I am Milan.

Should I have demanded full annexation of the Papal States?

EDIT: Also, if I need Rome, will my nation get along fine by international standing by declaring war on its own vassal? I made the Papal States my vassal.

Yes, you need Rome. Which means that AIs will almost never form Italy, as they are highly averse to annexing the Papal States.

Yes, you need Rome. Which means that AIs will almost never form Italy, as they are highly averse to annexing the Papal States.

Milan just formed Italy in my game as France :)

Anyway, since I hadn't played IN in a long time I started again with France. So far I'm not doing too bad, got all my vassals except foix annexed, control the southern coast of england as well as half of ireland. I dominate north and central america.

At the moment I've some trouble with revolts since I'm still in religious turmoil over switching to Reformed. My next steps would probably be to finally crush the english then take care of castille....

I started a new game with a new mod (divide et Imperium) which adds hundreds of states all over the world. (In particular, a 3 or so new ones in Italy)

I'm playing as Naples and conquered Sicily.

Before that i tried to do it with Venice but i killed myself cause of Bohemia as HRE ruler. Isn't that annoying? So i decided that i should try a southern civ as they aren't part of the HRE. (naples)

things are going well, however in order to enact Prussian Military reforms I need an enemy capable of fighting me long enough to get 50% army tradition

I'm thinking Sealion

things are going well, however in order to enact Prussian Military reforms I need an enemy capable of fighting me long enough to get 50% army tradition

I'm thinking Sealion

Getting a head-start on World War II, eh? :lol:

I'm thinking, once I get a copy of EUIII, of trying a game to unify Germany under SWISS or ALSATIAN leadership as opposed to Prussian hegemony (which is where, IMO, things went wrong.... Says the guy who's partially descended from Prussian Royalty :lol: )

Swiss? Mein Gott...

I almost didn't let the Bavarians into the great Prussian Empire due to their silly whimsical tendencies, the Swiss running the show would make the Prussian crazy :p

Is it possible to form Germany with anyone? or does it have to be a German state?

I`m thinking of trying to form Germany as Netherlands or Poland. :p

Netherlands might be possible, as a Germanic culture

Poland is out of the question sadly

Swiss? Mein Gott...

I almost didn't let the Bavarians into the great Prussian Empire due to their silly whimsical tendencies, the Swiss running the show would make the Prussian crazy :p

Well, at least the Alemanic Dialects of German seem to make more sense, grammar-wise (points to avatar). :lol: :p

...Although could you imagine a highly-democratized, gun-toting, individualistic, Swiss-like Germany. :D

"Och, Aye dinnae know about these Germans"
"Ach, Das haggis ist nicht gut"

Culture Groups

Germanic:
Pommeranian
Prussian
Hannoverian
Hessian
Saxon
Rheinlaender
Bavarian
Austrian