Medieval-era Spanish Units...

The Capo

godless Heathen
MEDIEVAL-ERA SPANISH UNITS
by The Capo, mechaerik, and achilleszero

Here are some Medieval Spanish units I made for my mod. I just wanted to share them with the community because I think they are really cool and there aren't really many Medieval-era Spanish units out there that don't look like conquistadors. I hope you guys like them. Here is a preview:

Spoiler :

Credit goes to mechaerik and achilleszero who helped me to finalize these suckers. Let me know what you guys think!

>>DOWNLOAD<<

Don't forget to rate them.

I forgot to post the animations:

Crossbowman uses the regular Crossbowman animations.

Longbowman uses the regular Longbowman animations.

The Knight uses the Charlemagne Heavy Cavalry animations.

The Pikeman uses the regular Pikeman animations.

The Maceman uses the regular Swordsman animations.

There should be a ruffled collar on most of the units, I plan on throwing that same collar on the Longbowman, I just forgot to do it before posting these. So that will be different too, and I might add a plume or feather or something to the Knight's helmet, and maybe give it a cape, but that might be too much.

I can fix 'em for you Capo. Give me an hour or two. Maybe I should write some kind of tutorial or something.

They look pretty awesome though.

The thing about it is that I am not really going to get into unit-making. The only reason I have been "making units" recently is for my mod. So I just wanted these to look a certain way (danrell's medieval Spanish units will be used for the medieval flavored art for countries like Mexico, Argentina, Cuba etc. in modular format) that differed from the existing Spanish units. That is why I made them, so I am glad you guys like them! :goodjob:

After I am finished with the flavored units I will go back to making Leaderheads, in fact I am going to make around ten or so in a row that are going to be in my mod as well.

If you could "fix" these for me mechaerik, that would be awesome (you've already helped me finish at least two other sets I can remember right now, which is a surprisingly good amount considering my current "disposition"), if you can do any of those items I listed in the first post I would be extremely happy.

I can do it pretty easily, the problem will be getting them to you. My network blows right now, and I keep getting disconnected. Uploading puts a strain on it.

I can do it pretty easily, the problem will be getting them to you. My network blows right now, and I keep getting disconnected. Uploading puts a strain on it.

Hmm, not sure what you can do about that really. I guess give it a shot and see if you disconnect. Also if you think anything needs to be resized or edited at all (including textures) go ahead and have at it, I don't mind if they get changed for the better.

Thanks again though.

Nice work. Now we need a good south american conquest mod.

I have actually thought about this, and I think after this mod I'm working on I might have to make a Conqustadors mod/scenario. I made a post about it a few months ago actually.

I was thinking that, since Conquistadors were mostly mercenaries, it would be cool if you were the head of a faction of these mercenaries and use the Charlemagne engine/papal favor system to emulate your relationship with the King of Spain who you represent as one of these factions. You would be your own civ but gaining favor from the King of Spain will grant you special bonuses like more gold (which will be important because there will be a mercenary system that will be integral to raising armies), special units, more land, technology etc. I was also thinking of putting in quests like El Dorado or the Fountain of Youth that could give you bonuses as well.

Another idea I had for it was to give the natives (who will be unplayable unless I can figure out some victory conditions for them) the ability to traverse all terrain, which would be important because I could make the Amazon this crazy maze for the Spanish civs to get lost in (I'd basically use terrain that looked the same, but was a different terrain to create this "maze." So it'd be difficult to pass through and fight the natives in the Amazon (who I guess would be the Tupi). It isn't well developed but those are some of the ideas I had for a mod like that.

Actually achilleszero worked on these too, so I have his set and mechaerik's, and after a few alterations I will post the finalized set in the database. I added a few things to the Knight and I just have to tie up a couple of loose ends and they'll be ready for use. They look really good though. :goodjob:

Actually achilleszero worked on these too, so I have his set and mechaerik's, and after a few alterations I will post the finalized set in the database. I added a few things to the Knight and I just have to tie up a couple of loose ends and they'll be ready for use. They look really good though. :goodjob:

Still tying up ends ? :)

:):):):), totally forgot about that. Yeah I just have to take a look at some of the gloss on one unit, add a ruffled-collar to another one and then get the head correct on the Knight and I'll release them. Sorry, I'm scatter-brained right now with this mod and everything.

I'm using the Spanish Knight for the Knight. Is that what you meant?

Oh, bugger. I thought the Conquistador replaced the Knight, but it replaces the Cuirassier...
(I'm confusing this always because bernie14 or bakuel made amazing Cuirassiers and I hated I had to drop them, so I included anyway in a hope that I'll find future use for it...)

Conqs used to replace Knights, but in BtS, they replaced the new cuirassiers.

I'm just having an issue with the Knight's head, for some reason it is showing up as yellow in-game. Once I fix that they should be reuploaded and they look much better thanks to mechaerik and achilleszero. Thanks a lot guys.

I'm not a unit maker, I know I keep saying that, but I'll be making Portuguese Ancient and Renaissance/Industrial units next.

Top Bottom