Fire Warrior (September 20, 2009)

utahjazz7

Deity
This is a Fire Warrior for the Tau Empire of Warhammer 40k. I made the unit months ago now. My original intention was to help put together a pack of Tau units and release them all together. But, that doesn't seem realistic anymore, as I've only completed this one unit in six months. So, I decided to just release the unit on its own. Hopefully it will prove useful to someone.

FYI: I don't have any plans to make any other units for Civ3 right now.

Download.

That's a nice unit and... a sad news :( Hope you can come back to it soon or have fun with something else, in case real life keeps you away from this forum.

Awesome unit Utahjazz! I love the animations, very seemless and realistic. :goodjob:

It has my vote for unit of the month so far if you enter it!!

Likewise I'm sad to hear you don't have a lot of time for unit making. However, I know that feeling all too well. I'm putting in a LOT of hours into my RL work these days. I recently started back up full time at a temp to hire job after having been laid off a couple years ago from the real estate industry. Being the low guy on the totem pole, if my employer says he needs me to work weekends or extra hours I can't afford to say "no". It's not like I can just run out and find a better job at the drop of a hat. :sad:

Really nice, Utah, and I likewise feel for you... This year was extremely bad/busy for me, but hopefully things will be better next year and I'll get back to unit making and such.... You just take as much time as you need, you hear?

The unit looks awesome, and it's very well animated. Great job.:goodjob::)

Impressive! :)

Quite nice, and it should compliment that other Tau that Smoking Mirror made way back in the day.

Sad to see you go, you are one of my favorite unit creators. Good luck! :)

Wow, that was an unexpected surprise! Very cool.

Keep it real, Torey.

The fluidity of the movements is excelent as always.

Wow. That. Is. Good.

Always great to see another unit from you. We'll miss the quality if it's the last one, but thank you for all you've done in the past. Love the smooth, natural movements and the flash effects on the attack anim.

Yay! Another Sci-fi unit!!! Looks awesome!

And I am extremely bummed you may not make more units. Your units are always so well animated and fill much needed roles. :(

utahjazz7... Excellent Unit :goodjob:
I corrected the Flc Background color and made a corrected units_32.pcx file IF you want them.
Just offering Unasked for Help and hope it does not offend you as I know you could easily correct these minor issues. #225 smoke shade was in your palette as pure Magenta so when loading the palette to nearest color matching, the storyboards picked up that smoke shade for the backgrounds. That is not visible unless in game as you know.
I added all files to this Zip and nothing else was changed at all... Only the Background Color correction concerning the palette and the new units_32.

Again Great Unit :cool:

Attachments

• Adjusted FireWorrior.zip
    491.7 KB · Views: 87
Top Bottom