More Detailed Civilopedia

denev

Warlord
for FfH2 ver0.41"m" and BtS 3.19

Introduction
Fall from Heaven 2 has many new features.
This improved Civilopedia explains more detailed information about them.​

Download

Installation
  1. Install FfH2 0.41"m" in regular process.
  2. Duplicate "Fall from Heaven 2" directory and rename it to any.
  3. Overwrite "Assets" directory from this patch.
  4. Done.

Features
  1. Most Civilopedia pages show more deteiled information.
  2. Fixed a wrong text link between same name items. (e.g. Promotion "Angel" and Unit "Angel")
    (Many "<link=literal>" or "[LINK=literal]" has been wiped out from CvGameTextMgr.cpp and text XML.)
  3. Unit info pane (mouseover tooltip) shows more information. It includes most FfH2 new features (e.g. Defensive Strikes).
  4. Most Civilopedia pages consider civilization unique units, buildings and artstyles.
    • If you see "Goblin" page, it's "upgrade to" pane shows a wolf rider instead of a horseman.
    • If you play with a Malakim, most pages show unit icons with Malakim Art Style. (But I can't interrupt animation window.:()
    • If you play with a no Illian civilization, "Assassin" page doesn't show "Allow: Whiteout" because Whiteout is Illian's unique spell.
  5. Unit strength is shown with more organized format.
    • Wounded unit's strength is shown with color in a similar way to health bar.
    • Current strength and Max strength are shown with a fraction no longer. Because fraction format is used by Attack strength and Defense strength already. Instead, current strength is shown in parentheses.
  6. City screen shows some boosts by mana resources. (e.g. Research boost by Mind Mana)
  7. Added new civic voices saying happiness. Happiness voice from Charismatic Leader, Enchantment Mana and Future Tech.

ScreenShots
Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG

ChangeLog
ver 0.11

ver 0.10
  • Omitted all features that didn't relate with Civilopedia.
    "More Detailed Civilopedia" becomes a good name again. [MODCOMP] tag is good too. Merging work with other mods became a little easy.

Spoiler :

ver 0.06
  • Bug fix and new features of this modmod.
    1. Converted to FfH2 041"j".
    2. Civilopedia unit page shows more detailed status pane.
      • Combat strength is shown with damage typed extra strength.
      • Movement range is shown with extra range from starting promotion. (e.g. Flying)
      • These are changed to each base value when you keep to press SHIFT key.
        Civ4ScreenShot0016.JPGCiv4ScreenShot0017.JPG
    3. Active unit doesn't cycle to the next when it has a castable spell. And spell casting triggers unit cycling.
      For example, when Scout moves into a tile with dungeon improvement and finishes movement, active unit doesn't cycle to the next unit until the Scout explores dungeon or skips his turn.
    4. Spell can have more than one requirement of units or unit classes.
      • Entangle spell can be casted by not only a Druid, but also a Lizardman Druid.
      • Hide ability does not be allowed by Stealth promotion. Instead, it is now nature ability of unit. Stealth promotion is obsoleted.
    5. Unit invisible and detect code is refined.
      • There is no longer base invisibile type (Global Defines - INVISIBLE_TYPE).
      • Promotion can be specified with a "invisible type" and a "see invisible type". (e.g. Hidden promotion has "Stealth" type.)
      • Unit can have more than one invisible and see invisible types. (Perfect sight no longer overwrites Scout's "Can See Hidden Animal" ability.)
      • When declaring war, invisible units coexisting in same tile with enemy unit don't be pushed out from the tile if enemy can't see the units.
      • Invisible promotion has been renamed to "Stealth", because it grants "Stealth" type invisibility to the unit.
      • Godslayer has become "always invisible". It is same to BtS Spy, and never revealed by even Dies Diei.

• Bug fix and changing rules of original FfH2.
    1. World Builder doesn't cause python error when unit is placed on a tile that enemy unit already exists.
    2. Unit artstyle doesn't break by invisible effect.
    3. Hidden Animals are revealed within civilization borders. (Now Giant Spider spawned at mine blocks tile working.)
    4. Message of starting to build Acheron is no longer hardcorded at python, it is now described at text XML.

ver 0.05
    1. Converted to FfH2 041"i".
    2. Terrain and Feature pages are tweaked.

1. Fixed issue that corn icon(font glyph) combined with air mana icon. ("GameFont.tga" is fixed)

ver 0.04
    1. Fixed issue that some text linkes are dead.

1. Fixed "GameFont.tga" file to fix Corn font icon. (Corn icon had combined with air mana icon.)

ver 0.03
    1. Fixed issue that feature double movement doesn't loss movement point. (This was too bad.:()
    2. Most category item names are distinguished by each color (Tooltip help pane only).
    3. Civilopedia religion page shows more detail.
      Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG

1. Fixed issue of mass opening chest cheat (I have stolen the code from Fall Further, thanks developers team!)

ver 0.02
    1. Fixed an issue that some trait icons don't exist.
    2. City screen shows some boosts by mana resources. (e.g. Research boost by Mind Mana)

1. Assimilated city by Tolerant trait builds old civilization's units with old civilization's artstyle (Not only unique units, but also all kind of units).
    2. Fixed an issue that unit artstyle doesn't apply to some civilizations.
      The civilization with non-artstyled default race (e.g. Nomad) had not shown unit artstyle in city production icons.
    3. Fixed mix-ups of "Drink Potion of Restoration" icon.
    4. Spell effect sign of Create Den no longer points different tile.
    5. When defender unit flees from combat, attacker unit uses just as much movement points as he wins.
    6. Pirate Cove requires Lanun civilization to upgrade.
    7. Movement point allows minus values. (To eliminate suf-hasting micromanagement.)
ver 0.01
  1. Some Civilopedia pages have new panes. (e.g. "Heroes" or "World Spells" panes in Civilizations category, etc.)
  2. Some pages shows more detailed information. (e.g. Unit requirement distinguishes state religion req and city religion req, etc.)
  3. Most unit icons consider civilization's unit art style.
  4. Most text and tooltip help consider unique unit or building. (e.g. Arena building allows Mimic instead of Champion.)

and, All features of "Merging BUG 4.0 with FfH2" except BUG features.

New XML Tags
  • CIV4TraitInfos:
    Civilopedia: Civilopedia text.
    bGraphicalOnly: If set 1, Civilopedia doesn't show this trait in listed items.
    Button: Trait icon graphic.
  • CIV4SpellInfos:
    CivicPrereq: Civic requirement of caster's civilization. Default is NO_CIVIC.
    TerrainOrPrereq1: Terrain requirement in caster's tile. Default is NO_TERRAIN.
    TerrainOrPrereq2: Terrain requirement in caster's tile. Default is NO_TERRAIN.

Obsoleted files

Very good! I like it a lot... Can you post a screenshot of the new Traits page?

Sadly, I think Xienwolf scooped you.

FF Patch C said:
Enhanced Pedia design by Xienwolf, Filter and Sort dropdown menus. Designed to be modder friendly so more filters/sorts can be easily added, not to include every filter/sort which any player may desire (as that would be HUNDREDS...). It includes the same screens as the previous pedia plus a few more (by way of filtering the main screen)

Scooped me too, of course, as my own modifications don't really work anymore. :lol: Even included a functioning Traits page.

I think you confuse something. Denev did nothing similar to a dropdown menu which sorts information.

I haven't looked at this modcomp here, but I am using Denevs modified Sevopedia and it is really awesome. Thank you Denev!

Sadly, I think Xienwolf scooped you.
Don't care.
I have tried Xienwolf's version. Categorizing by dropdown menu is really useful. I might steal this idea someday.

I haven't looked at this modcomp here, but I am using Denevs modified Sevopedia and it is really awesome. Thank you Denev!

You are welcome.
I'm glad my works make a contribution to your great mod. I will reflect some modification from this to Sevopedia version next time.

that traits page is probably my favourite part of this. i can NEVER remember what traits do in game and i tend to [Ctrl]+[Alt] out, and check the XML. this is really useful. i hope it gets incorporated into the main mod.

awesome - u should be part of the team!
u fixed bugs and u improved the pedia - THANK YOU!

I think Xien only added a filter/dropdown (I haven't looked closely yet). This one seems to organize the look of every entry so it is much less cluttered... especially for the Civilizations list, blocked buildings and units are also shown. It's very very good. Good job! :goodjob:

My work and Denev's (from what I have seen in this thread, I haven't downloaded and played with it) are completely unrelated actually. While his is how you see the detail screens, mine is how you see the sorting and categories. We happened to both design a Traits category, that's the only real overlap. It would be interesting to see someone mix the two modifications together to make what I imagine to be the ultimate Pedia mod :)

A few days ago I merged Grey Fox's improved Civilization page, and Opera convinced me to add 'Blocked Units/Buildings' sections while I was at it. I tried to use your code, but for some reason it showed ALL units you can't build, including unique unitclasses for other civs... Was mismerged on my part. :lol:

In the end, I rewrote it... But it's apparently exactly as you wrote it originally. :p Not sure how I goofed quite that bad...

So, thank you for the work! I'm using a small portion of it atm, Opera wants me to merge more. :goodjob:

My work and Denev's (from what I have seen in this thread, I haven't downloaded and played with it) are completely unrelated actually. While his is how you see the detail screens, mine is how you see the sorting and categories. We happened to both design a Traits category, that's the only real overlap. It would be interesting to see someone mix the two modifications together to make what I imagine to be the ultimate Pedia mod :)

Good:). I may introduce your dropdown menu gimmick someday.
Awhile ago, you had asked me in my "Merging BUG with FfH" topic about unit info tooltip.
Your post supported me to decide this modding.

I tried to use your code, but for some reason it showed ALL units you can't build, including unique unitclasses for other civs... Was mismerged on my part. :lol:

In the end, I rewrote it... But it's apparently exactly as you wrote it originally. :p Not sure how I goofed quite that bad...

Patch "i" shows similar behavior.
It depends on issue of CvUnitInfo::getPrereqCiv() function.
Check out my post in bug thread.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=308020&page=122

Top Bottom