Troy (NOT modular)

pencilgod

Chieftain
This took a long time to create! Especially the LH, the UB and the UU were more difficult to make than I expected, but I think it turned out very well. This civilization has everything you would expect, new graphics, new music, new unit sounds. Give it a try.

Feel free to raid this mod for contents to your hearts content, as long as you give credit to me in your mod.

Troy is a legendary city and center of the Trojan War, as described in the Epic Cycle and especially in the Iliad, one of the two epic poems attributed to Homer.

The cities of Troy are tough nuts to crack, under the leadership of Hector. His Organized trait ensures a solid economy, while his Protective trait gives Trojan archers a bonus to city defense. The Trojan Wall unique building gives a happiness bonus to cities along with a commerce bonus. Lastly, the Trojan's unique unit, the Apollonian Guard can pick off melee and siege units with ease, thanks to their two attacks. However they are vulnerable to archers and mounted units and are unsuitable for city attack.

Download here:
Trojan civilization

Attachments

• hectorciv.JPG
    hectorciv.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 1,354
  • trojanwallciv.JPG
    trojanwallciv.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 1,710
  • apolloguardciv.JPG
    apolloguardciv.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 1,715
Nice work, pencilgod.
Wow, under the right circumstances this civ is almost invincible in the Classical era. Not to mention the sort of early market those walls represent.

Yes, I gave the stats of the UB and UU quite some thought, but they may be a little overpowered. I have yet to run a full playtest against this civ on Noble, if Troy turns out to be too tough I might nerf them a little bit ;).

Yes, I gave the stats of the UB and UU quite some thought, but they may be a little overpowered. I have yet to run a full playtest against this civ on Noble, if Troy turns out to be too tough I might nerf them a little bit ;).

Yeah, the Apollonian Guard is pretty damn powerful. A boost against all the major types of units, as well as starting with a promotion well before its otherwise available (Military Science), seems fairly overpowered. The wall, i'm not as sure. Maybe make it +1:) instead?

The LH is fantastic however. It looks awesome.

What kind of Citylist does troy have?

The Citylist of Troy is based on a map of the Homeric mediterranean I found on Wikipedia, and the list also includes the cities of the allies of Troy, found in the Iliad. So it's actually quite well researched ;).

About the overpowered UB and UU:

I nerfed the UU in my personal mod by removing the bonus against mounted units. Against archers and mounted the strength is now only 5, so it can be countered quite well by horse archers, elephants, archers and spears even though it has Blitz.

For the UB I followed your suggestions by making the hapiness bonus +1.

I'll probably upload a file with updated XML over the weekend.

I know I am a little clueless about these sort of things, but will this work with the most recent patch/BTS? It looks great!

I had made another one, too, but in the colors of USC and featuring a famous condom logo.

It's the University of Southern California, whose team is called "The Trojans".

Please take a look at the screenshot. What did i wrong?

I will use it as WW (chitchen itza). No idea if this is important.
I edit the CityLSystem.xml and put ...LSYSTEM_TROJAN_WALL after ...LSYSTEM_COAST.

I saw in one of the screenshots that you have Hitler as a leader, aswell as a few others. did you load multiple mods somehow? how did you do this??? plz respond!!!!

And then there's this for no reason at all:

:mischief:

EDIT: Kinda looks like my Dido LH a little bit.

I didn't even notice the handegg at all until I saw the caption! :lol:

I saw in one of the screenshots that you have Hitler as a leader, aswell as a few others. did you load multiple mods somehow? how did you do this??? plz respond!!!!

He probably merged it in with another mod.

The Unique Building's 10% bonus to :gold: might be better applied to :commerce: to represent more fully the tolls levied on passing trade.
(although their tolls were probably levied in Drachmas worth of grain like the similar ones we have great records of from the Peireaus Harbour in Athens, 2% gross and a restriction on transshipping more than a 1/3 of any cargo {a change in the last leading to starvation in Grece during a famine or Crimean wheat crop failure is what probably started the war}
Passing the bonus through the sliders would be more representative of Troys economic stranglehold on the black sea commerce.
The Unique Unit You are using in your personal mod sounds more balanced although I would add the requirement of copper[bronze]
They might also be better as Chariots than horses I haven't read the iliad in a long time but I remember Chariots.
I like the bonus against seige:) they surly will get a lot of practice at that.
Unless you wanted Horses to differentiate from the Egyptians to the south west and the Persian immortals who will be along to the west in a while.
A second leader Priam would be good.

Top Bottom