Garrison Button

Vuldacon

Dedicated to Excellence
Supporter
This is a Garrison Button I made for Civinator for the CCM Game. He thought some of you would also be able to use it so here it is :)

This button takes the place of the Radar Game Button in Conquest and PTW.
Those buttons are found in your Art\interface Folder.

You can simply copy and paste the individual Normal, Rollover and Highlighted Buttons onto your Button Files and you can also apply the palettes each
image uses to your Button Files as needed or wanted.

You can get the small zip here

Last edited:
One more time thank you very much Vuldacon for doing a very useful graphic. :)

Rifleman had the idea of replacing radar towers by garrisons:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=2399038#post2399038

His idea was very good as the AI likes to build these garrisons. These buildings have a much bigger positive input in gameplay in older eras when the units can´t move as fast as in modern times and can´t be attacked by air as it is in modern times. In most CCM games first the garrison must be taken out, before a city can be succesful attacked. In my eyes the garrison is the true AI fortress.

Vuldacon, those are great. I'll definitely use them.

Dumb question, but what exactly are garrisons and what do that do?

Timerover, if I may, I believe they are Radar towers with a different graphic and made available in every era. Such a pity that you can only have one graphic for all four eras. In the MEM II they are called border forts. Since the AI very rarely builds fortresses/barricades using fortress-like graphics for radar towers and renaming them is a nice workaround.

Since when is the AI not building forts? Do not see that many barricades, but forts, yes. I build them, the AI builds them. And I know that they like radar towers, especially in the Ancient Age. Weird to see them there.

The AI builds fortresses and barricades ... at choke points and on resources that are outside of their territory.

Yes, but the garrisons (=radartowers) are built next to cities, too and in higher numbers :)

Since when is the AI not building forts? Do not see that many barricades, but forts, yes. I build them, the AI builds them. And I know that they like radar towers, especially in the Ancient Age. Weird to see them there.

Him, I see very few fortresses in my games. Perhaps because I tend to play huge pangaea maps with less choke points.

Hi Vuldacon. That's a really neat and clean implementation of a good idea. I'll definitely be using it - thank you.

:goodjob:Very nice graphic. Well done. :)

I second that... it is a button that looks like it came straight from the Firaxsis graphic artists. Impressive, I will be able to make good use of it I believe! I am curious what method you used to make it Vuldacon... was it through a graphics editor like PSP or Photoshop, or was it a render through 3ds Max and the like?

I am in need of making a couple similar to it.

I ask because it looks so flawless :)

Tom

tom2050... I used Paint Shop Pro as always. I have found it best to use for anything where a graphics editor is needed concerning the CIV Game Graphics.
Other than that, Use 300 Zoom/Magnification, Be exacting and scrutinize the work and procedures to gain what is desired :)

Top Bottom