Faster BTS 3.19

Sephi

Deity
This mod is just a few speedtweaks to make the game run faster. No gamechanges. I did a testgame in BTS 3.19 huge map and the turn time decreased by 7%. The mod should be save game compatible.

How to install:
copy the DLL into the Assets folder. make a backup of the
CIV4GamecoreDLL.dll file first! If you play multiplayer make sure everyone uses the same dll.

I am using these tweaks for month now in my own mod and Kael merged them into FFH a while ago so they are already playtested a lot and should be 100% bugfree

Attachments

• SpeedTweaks.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 529
Could you maybe explain a bit what you've done, and provide sources for us mergers? :)

source is in the download. Code changes are documented (just search for Sephi)

Could this and CAR mod be merged?

Additional question:
How is this mod different from CAR? Did you change different codes from CAR or had you done this mod without knowledge of CAR beforehand?

It's completly unrelated to CAR and merging would be easy. Reason I uploaded it for BTS is save game compatibility which CAR doesn't have IIRC. If I ever play BTS again I probably would take the time to merge it with CAR before.

This thread and car mod turn me on lol. Speed is everything! Thankyou for your work!

I tried to merge this with RevDCM but the source codes clash.

Please try to format the code the same.

The original code uses tabs to indent. You used 4 spaces for each tab they use.

Most of the optimisations limit searching for units to group with (etc) to a radius of iMaxPath*4. Does this take into account railroads?

Actually, that is all of the optimisations. Hmm. It would be better suited by teaching the A* algorithm to stop searching after it hits a passed in max path value? Actually, another efficiency is noting that the set of plots reachable within MaxPath won't change from one iteration of the loop to another: so somehow getting that collection of plots and checking against it would massively (I mean massively) speed up these loops.

But those are harder solutions.

Actually, another efficiency is noting that the set of plots reachable within MaxPath won't change from one iteration of the loop to another: so somehow getting that collection of plots and checking against it would massively (I mean massively) speed up these loops.
Most of the loops do a generatepath call on every plot only once at max anyway. I don't see how caching is going to help you at all here. :(

Top Bottom