[modcomp] Warriors of God

I have converted the WarriorsOfGod mod by The_J to RoM. See below for install instructions because you will need to edit one file to make this work.

This mod adds two generic "religious" warriors the Monk and the Fanatic. They can only be built in cities with your state religion present and get XP depending on the buildings you have in that city and your empire.
  • The Monk is a healer and strong defender, can't attack. If they are in a city and survive an attack they may spread your state religion to the city.
  • The Fanatic may purge all non-state religions from a city it conquers.

Install Instructions Requires Afforess mods 1.5 (beta and above)

1. Unzip this into your Mods folder that contains Rise of Mankind.
2. Go to the folder Rise of Mankind\Assets\Config
3. Edit the init.xml file (notepad works fine).
4. find the line
Code:
	<events module="CvEnhancedTechConquestEventManager"></events>
	<!-- Rise of Mankind end -->
	<init module="GGUtil"/>
5. insert the following line before it.
Code:
	<events module="WarriorsOfGod">	</events>

There is a problem with this mod. the units are still available after the probably are not useful. Any suggestions as to what units they should upgrade to.

There is a problem with this mod. the units are still available after the probably are not useful. Any suggestions as to what units they should upgrade to.

Sure:

Industrial Age: Fanatic Rifleman (Real creative, I know): Remember Sulphur req.
Modern Age: Fundamentalist: Remember Ammo req.
Future: Religious Thought Police (Can't think of anything better): Nanotube req.?

All are new units, which means graphics have to be found. I recommend using the Guard du Corps graphics for Middle East (Arab Rifleman) and Fundamentalist Guerrilla graphics from Modular Civic Units. Possibly Special Infantry for the Future Fanatic.

Sure:

Industrial Age: Fanatic Rifleman (Real creative, I know): Remember Sulphur req.
Modern Age: Fundamentalist: Remember Ammo req.
Future: Religious Thought Police (Can't think of anything better): Nanotube req.?

How about:

Insurgent
Fundamentalist is fine... and
... I can't think of anything better than RTP either...

Also, care to enlighten us to what exactly this modmod does? The J's thread is fairly light on details.

Rats! I was hoping for already existing units. I hate making units I keep getting it wrong. Like when I had trade caravans which first thought they were bombers then nukes. I eventually sorted it out, it was all because of a duplicate art define!

Rats! I was hoping for already existing units. I hate making units I keep getting it wrong. Like when I had trade caravans which first thought they were bombers then nukes. I eventually sorted it out, it was all because of a duplicate art define!

Just copy+paste my Fundamentalist Guerrilla files for Modern art (and artstyles), copy+paste the Arabian Rifleman, and copy+paste whatever future unit you want for the final one.

If you truly do not want to make new units, do what I did with Bandits, and take the lazy man's route, make the upgrade into Musketmen with an option for Guerrillas for those who are patient.

Uploaded a new version. I had forgotten the state religion requirement in the XML. Also has a couple of minor efficiency improvements in the python.

Since these require A New Dawn, I recommend you get a mod to move the thread. Perhaps change the name to "[Modmod] Warriors of God"?

Do you have this working correctly now, i need to know cause i have The_J's copy in my copy already??

Yes it is working but it requires A New Dawn 1.5 or higher because of the removal of python call backs. I am thinking about providing an upgrade path for at least the the Fanatic unit but I have not done many units before and never tried to do stuff with the graphics.

Top Bottom