Frequently Asked Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afforess

The White Wizard
Installation & Setup

1. If you are using Vista or Windows 7, Either turn off your UAC or Right-Click on your Civilization 4 Beyond the Sword shortcut, enter the properties menu, and under the "Compatibility" tab, select "Run As Administrator".

2. Download the Mod from the link above

3. Install the "Mods" folder on your computer (the installer should attempt to help you out here)

4. Install AND with the components you want.

5. Launch BTS, load Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn, and play!

Frequently Asked Questions

1. I started up my game, but nothing appears different!
  2. I installed A New Dawn correctly, but in game, the terrain flickers and is black!
    • Although the cause is not known (I suspect users are running out of VRAM), the solution is either to remove some of the new civilizations from the Mega Pack out of the Rise of Mankind/Assets/Modules/Custom Civilizations folder OR only use FULL or LITE RoM.

3. When I start the game up, the interface is all gone! I can't select anything!
    • This occurs with bad installs. Go back to the Directions and try again.

4. When I tried to install A New Dawn, I got an error message that said "bad end of central directory record"
    • This occurs when the download is interrupted, which can happen for a variety of reasons. Redownload the mod and try again.

5. What is a A New Dawn (RAND)?
    • A New Dawn is an expansion mod of Rise of Mankind

6. There are features that I want/don't want. How do I turn them on/off?
    There are three ways to choose features in this modpack:
    • The first one is through installation process. When you install, there are list of features that you can choose from to be installed.
    • Second, when you load the mod, you should go to Custom Game and go to the options below the default options there. There will be more features for you to choose from.
    • Third, you will be able to use BUG Options Screen's tab named "A New Dawn". There will be even more features in there. Also, don't forget to check out other choices in other tabs as well.

7. What if I don't like some of your features, can I play without them?
    • Absolutely! I will never force users to play with a specific features. Every feature can be turned off or disabled.

8. RoM plays slow on my computer, won't all this new content slow the game down even more?
    • No! I've fixed most of the things that cause Rise of Mankind to play slower. Even if you install all the extra components, you should still experience a 10-20% speed boost from standard Rise of Mankind.

9. I think I found a bug in A New Dawn, what do I do?
    • Report it! A screenshot and/or a save, along with your A New Dawn.log (located in your base Rise of Mankind folder) would also be helpful.

10. Will you add feature X to your Mod?
    • I do take feature requests, as long as they are feasible.

11. What features will be in your next version?
  12. Is A New Dawn available in any other languages than English?
    • Yes. Most of the text has been translated into German and French. Iff you can translate the text for me, I will gladly add it in the next version.

13. How do I get A New Dawn to work on a Mac?
    • Step 1: Throw your Mac out the nearest window
    • Step 2: Buy a PC

14. If I want to send you a donation, where do I send it?
    • I can not take donations, but if you feel obligated to pay for this mod, send a donation to Amnesty International.

Since this seems like the appropriate thread, If I were to make a slight modification to your modmod and want to upload it for your modmod, would I just make it in this thread or should I upload it for you to put into your main download/optional thread? I'm wondering where I should upload the new fixed borders 'claim territory' button.

Since this seems like the appropriate thread, If I were to make a slight modification to your modmod and want to upload it for your modmod, would I just make it in this thread or should I upload it for you to put into your main download/optional thread? I'm wondering where I should upload the new fixed borders 'claim territory' button.

I'd either put in the 1.50 discussion thread or make a new one entirely.

PS I'm not the only one who can make threads in the forum, don't be shy. ;)

I added a new section for common errors, to assuage the growing number of users who can not install A New Dawn correctly.

i followed the step by step and i still dont get new dawn the only thing i dont have are the sea monsters what am i doing wrong

i followed the step by step and i still dont get new dawn the only thing i dont have are the sea monsters what am i doing wrong

Are you getting an error message, or is the content not showing up? If it's an error, could you please post it?

I HAD the same problem with installing. The install seemed to go flawlessly, everything seems to be going to the correct folder and the WoC java applet merges stuff, but when I start up and load RoM I just got basic RoM without AND.

The reason and solution for this is simple, I had a Rise of Mankind folder I forgot all about in \documents\my games\...etc... delete that and it should actually load AND :D

im not getting the wrong file message i copied it over to the program files correctly and i tried what lowenar said and now i cant even access RoM but the WoC installer said ERROR: Error merging files abort just before that it was reading to the assest/XML/audio i cant copy it for some reason

im not getting the wrong file message i copied it over to the program files correctly and i tried what lowenar said and now i cant even access RoM but the WoC installer said ERROR: Error merging files abort just before that it was reading to the assest/XML/audio i cant copy it for some reason

Are you using Vista/Win7? UAC is likely blocking the installer from writing to files in your Program Files. If that is the case, turn UAC off.

im using XP, and this time the woc went perfectly but their was no A New Dawn concepts or military civs or anything that i checked, specs:

{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Civic Flavors} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Mountains } {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {Resource Refinement} {Multiple Production Mod} {War Prizes} Zoology Firestorm {The World's Fair} Arctic {Larger Cities} {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Education Sports {Hi-Res Cursors} {Fixed Borders} NIMBY {Civic Buildings & More Wonders} {Surround and Destroy} {No Storms} {Advanced Diplomacy} {Balanced Civics} {Early Buildings} ANM Fortifications

im using XP, and this time the woc went perfectly but their was no A New Dawn concepts or military civs or anything that i checked, specs:

{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Civic Flavors} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Mountains } {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {Resource Refinement} {Multiple Production Mod} {War Prizes} Zoology Firestorm {The World's Fair} Arctic {Larger Cities} {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Education Sports {Hi-Res Cursors} {Fixed Borders} NIMBY {Civic Buildings & More Wonders} {Surround and Destroy} {No Storms} {Advanced Diplomacy} {Balanced Civics} {Early Buildings} ANM Fortifications

Do you have this issue?

ya and i did what lowenar said and RoM didn't even appear when I went to mods and when i recopied it from program files i got a bunch of XML errors

Is New Dawn compatible with Rise of Mankind 2.9? Or the later expansion to 3.something?
Because I've tried installing it with both of these 2 and it gives me some xml errors regarding the unit files :(
I'm also wondering if my problem may be due to where I have Civ4 installed, it's in a folder on the C: drive (NOT my documents, but not program files either)???

Is New Dawn compatible with Rise of Mankind 2.9? Or the later expansion to 3.something?
Because I've tried installing it with both of these 2 and it gives me some xml errors regarding the unit files :(
I'm also wondering if my problem may be due to where I have Civ4 installed, it's in a folder on the C: drive (NOT my documents, but not program files either)???

No, its not. I am close to releasing a version for 2.9. For now, you can try my latest betas, they work with RoM 2.9

Ok, so I tried to start a multiplayer game with 3 of my buddies, and we can't see any games in either the internet or LAN lobby. Any clue why we can't seem to get this to work???

Ok, so I tried to start a multiplayer game with 3 of my buddies, and we can't see any games in either the internet or LAN lobby. Any clue why we can't seem to get this to work???

Use Direct IP, it works.

eh, I guess this is a stupid question, but where is the Uninstaller?
I tried to install almost everything, but some of Hydro's mods uses biofuel and smart medicine which I removed to make place for my guilds, so I removed those mods and now RoM won't start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom