Modular Audio?

cybrxkhan

Asian Xwedodah
I've read that it is impossible to add new audio with modular XML, say, like diplomacy music. I've also tried it before, and it doesn't work.

Does anyone know of a method to make it work? Is it possible without some heavy-duty programming?

Thanks in advance,

cybrxkhan

I dont believe it is, even within the World of Civilization format.

The closest way I "make it modular" is simply by making a massive XML file for the audiodefine files. I didn't notice any ill effects if the audio files didn't exist.

The actual audio files are located within the directory that they are associated with. For Example: the Diplomacy Music I include in the modular folder with the leader.

Its not modular in the sense that we have become accustom to.

I've read that it is impossible to add new audio with modular XML, say, like diplomacy music. I've also tried it before, and it doesn't work.

Does anyone know of a method to make it work? Is it possible without some heavy-duty programming?

Thanks in advance,

cybrxkhan

World of Civilization and it's varients (RevDCM, Dune Wars, LoR, RoM) all have psuedo-modular audio.

Let me explain. We can make it modular like any other XML file, but instead of letting the game load it like it does will all other modular files, we run a file called "WoC_Installer.jar" which is a java program that searches the module folder for any audio files and merges them with the main audio files flawlessly. I've used it a bunch of times, and it seems to work fine. I'd look into that. The downside is that you need to get users to run it once before they get the new audio, but I solved that by creating an installer that ran the file when I was wrapping up installation.

That sounds promising! But is it limited only to these modifications?

That sounds promising! But is it limited only to these modifications?

No, I don't believe WoC is a prerequisite, it should work with any mod. The only thing that must be constant is that the modular audio be in the modules folder, and the WoC_Installer.jar be in the modules folder as well (It seems it was made to operate in that folder only, moving it out breaks it).

Here's the file, and the readme it came with.
View attachment WoC Modular Audio.rar

Let me explain. We can make it modular like any other XML file, but instead of letting the game load it like it does will all other modular files, we run a file called "WoC_Installer.jar" which is a java program that searches the module folder for any audio files and merges them with the main audio files flawlessly. I've used it a bunch of times, and it seems to work fine. I'd look into that. The downside is that you need to get users to run it once before they get the new audio, but I solved that by creating an installer that ran the file when I was wrapping up installation.

I believe that diplo text is also non-modular. Would the WOC installer jar work with that as well?

Alright, so just to make sure I understand this - basically, with this, I can add audio to the module as if it were an actual part of the module. What this program does is find the modular audio xml and what not, and tack it onto the normal audio xml.

...right? :)

Alright, so just to make sure I understand this - basically, with this, I can add audio to the module as if it were an actual part of the module. What this program does is find the modular audio xml and what not, and tack it onto the normal audio xml.

...right? :)

Correct. :)

Is there any chance you could release the source code for this?

Edit: Oh crap, I did not see the date on that last post untill it was too late.

Oh thanks. I am not used to .jar and java in general.

Top Bottom