California Terrain - What do you think?

Babble-on

Chieftain
Here is a graphic modpack I created themed after California's natural beauty. I basically modified the grasslands to add the natural wildflowers we get - poppies and blue bonnets. I am also expanding this into a whole terrain modpack, including mountains, deserts and other changes. I will attach the files below, since there is a limit to file size. See the screen capture. What do you think? Like it? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Babble-On

Attachments

• california terrain.jpg
    california terrain.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 5,162
Here is the URL for the files to download. Download all of them to have the tiling work properly. Don't forget to back up your original files.

(XXXXXXX - I have decided to stop distributing this until it is complete.)

Let me know if you like the results, or any suggestions.
Babble-On

I looks pretty good. The main thing I would suggest is trying to get rid of the rectangularness (not a real word, but you know what I mean) of the flower patches.

Thanks for the feedback. Did you actually try it out in the game to see how it works? I tried it at home and noticed that it looks quite good, and when a tile is irrigated it covers up the flowers - indicating that the crops have supplanted the wildflowers... I like that.

If you haven't tried it in your computer, try it and let me know if it still looks as rectangular as the sample. It might have been a result of my hand-tiling the sample image.

Thanks again!

Were these intended to go over SnOOPy's tiles? They don't match the default.

I fired it up in game and it isn't as obvious as I alluded to before, but if you turn on grid the non-flowered portions follow the grid a little too nicely. I guess the rectangles I was seeing are the grass portions. The flower beds themselves are very nice and realistic.

Yes, indeed they are meant to work off of Snoopy's tiles. I am going to be making a complete set eventually, and they will all work together, but for the mean time you can certainly use them with Snoopy's set. Good point.

I'm stopping the distribution of this until it is complete. It is placing undue strain on the amount of traffic I can take on my website.

Thanks for the feedback Warpstorm.

It looks good from what I have seen. I look forward to the rest of your work.

I like having a wide variety available for terrain graphics.

I am willing to test it out if you need any assistance in that way.

Originally posted by The Bahamut
whoa, it looks good, but...i live in cali...it look nothin like that, more like a desert w/ tumbleweeds all around, well, so. cali anywayz...but good work !

i live in cali but we got some of that but mostly buildings burntout sincre the 1960s riots [Oakland] yeah, bad boy raider nation.
but that terrain does match the happy cow commercials... it's the cheese, real california cheese, coming from happy cows in happy california terrain, and pass that medically prescribed smoking substance - don't bogart! i love bobcat gothwaite's rooster commercial [cheese commercial - better than the pig one]

btw he needs to redo the resources to make the cattle l;ook more like the black and white ones in the commercial....hehe

Originally posted by warpstorm
I looks pretty good. The main thing I would suggest is trying to get rid of the rectangularness (not a real word, but you know what I mean) of the flower patches.

I agree- a bit less edgy wildflower growing please ;). Looks prety neat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :goodjob: but ONE small request- could you make a version with snoopy's 3.1 water ??? :love:

Originally posted by hahntsak

i live in cali but we got some of that but mostly buildings burntout sincre the 1960s riots [Oakland] yeah, bad boy raider nation.
but that terrain does match the happy cow commercials... it's the cheese, real california cheese, coming from happy cows in happy california terrain, and pass that medically prescribed smoking substance - don't bogart! i love bobcat gothwaite's rooster commercial [cheese commercial - better than the pig one]

Ho ho!
This is 100% west-coast gibberish!

PS
I think the terrain mod has merit!

:D

Originally posted by CurtSibling

Ho ho!
This is 100% west-coast gibberish!

PS
I think the terrain mod has merit!

:D

1.california is on the west coast.

2. i also think the terrain is cool, i just think that he might want to adjust the cattle resource icon for resources.pcx to black and white.

3. the cities should look more smog filled and over done highways with lots of deadending spans. [like it is in california.]

4. if you saw the california cheese commercials [rooster asking about how cows can laze around all day, and the pig that thinks he's a cow] you'd appreciate the comment more.

no offense intended, just explaining....

That looks fantastic! Love the color, but where is it?? I can't download it. :(

Hmm, I was about to get it since it would ad a bit more eye candy to the grasslands.

Top Bottom