Barbarians: Roving Bands
Restarts: On
Victory by conquest and by spaceship are both allowed

Starting Techs:
~ Bronze Working
~ Ceremonial Burial
~ Horseback Riding
~ Mysticism

This month a nice challenge. With our starting position on the north pole and playing at deity it might be a difficult game. Who takes the challenge and win this GOTM.

Games will be due on Feb. 14th, 2010.

Please be sure to follow the submission guidelines when submitting your game (please do not send your files in a .zip file. Attach them directly to your e-mail with your name in the save file).

Please sent the savegames only to civ2gotm@gmail.com.

Have fun.

Starting save is here

Last edited:
It means that a civilization that is destroyed will be restarted as a new civilization with the same color. After a certain year this won't happen, I think.

You guys are tempting me to find a version of civ2 that works with windows 7

I have a version that runs on Win 7? Runs even better with Win XP compatibility mode on.

Give me a shout at davestar7 at gmail.com if you want more info!

Loving this save by the way, I will be having a bash at it!

The third game I ever played on Civ2 was as Sioux on a small map with 5 other rivals and I started, just like this game, on the north pole. That was over a decade ago. I never ran into a similar situation again. Interestingly, I played that game and did not abandon it. I found a small 8-tile island off the north pole and put roots down. I played for conquest and despite being a novice (it was my third game after all and I was playing with a Civ1 mentality) managed to destroy 4 out of my 5 rivals before game time ran out (2020). If I had half a dozen more turns I could have won.

I'm pretty sure I won't take part on this one here. I'll have exams till Feb 15th. So...

Ufff... it was.. I survived until 2020 and even won a war or two, but with a GOTM Score of 16,371 you must forgive me for not submitting. :D

... but with a GOTM Score of 16,371 you must forgive me for not submitting. :D
I always submit no matter how poorly I do. Part of the appeal of the game in this forum is how many others are playing. In fact, if it was up to me I would change Hall of Fame calculations by adding a small bonus for turning in a game. We already have such a bonus for attempting OCC. Any time you attempt OCC you will get a small bonus (.15) regardless of how well or poorly you do. I believe there should be a similar small bonus (.05 perhaps) for turning in a game. After all, there is a difference between a player who played once and got a bronze medal and a player who has played 10 times but managed only one bronze medal.

I might find some hours to rush this one, too, then.

Top Bottom