Warlord
[size=+3]Modern Era Warfare
M.E.W
[/size]
[size=+2]DOWNLOAD HERE
[/size]
[size=+3]THIS MOD IS OLD, CLICK HERE TO GO TO TOPIC OF NEW VERSION
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=353799[/size]

This modification for Beyond the Sword 3.19 expands upon the modern era and incorporates the best components made by people at civfanatics. This mod does not upset game balance nor does it over complicate gameplay with too many new features. It is 100% stable, no lag and even faster turn times than standard beyond the sword (21% Faster).

Expanded Modern Era
  • Expanded Tech Tree
  • Added Modern Era Units
  • Added Heroic Units
  • 16 New Promotions
Gameplay Changes
  • Influence driven war
  • AI Auto play
  • Lead from behind
  • Realistic diplomacy
  • New diplomacy option
  • Global warming mechanics made realistic
General additions
  • Over 45 New Events
  • 12 New Wonders
  • 16 New Resources
Graphical Additions
  • Show Hidden Attitude Modifiers
  • Events with Images
  • Advanced Combat Odds
  • Ethnically Diverse Units
  • Ethnically Diverse City Styles
  • Realistic flags and buttons for each civilization
  • Attitude icons on scoreboard
  • Wonders destroyed or captured display global message
Other
  • Real always war
  • Modular loading
  • Increased to a maximum of 48 civilizations
  • 21% faster turn times

[size=+1]Screenshots[/size]

:nuke: New units

Every civilization unit sets look different (Ethnic Diversity) credit to Avain for putting it together. There are many new units that pimp the modern era to a realistic feel. An excellent addition is modern infantry and special forces. These infantry units now switch the focus from spamming tanks, especially since there is a land transport helicopter that can drop infantry into hotzones. Combined with new promotions infantry now have a purpose in modern era warfare.

:nuke: Promotion list

There are new promotions that beef up the modern era and give modern units more capability for a dynamic battlefield.

:nuke: Influence driven war

Battles can now effect cultural boarders. Not every battle will result in a gain of land, but it will increase your percentage of influence on the area.

:nuke: Heroic units

There is only 1 of each per game. They are rewarded for being the first to discover certain technologies. These are set up modules so more can be added very easily or removed. Below are some of the special forces heroic units
Spoiler :

:nuke: New wonders

In total 12 well balanced wonders have been added. This mod uses WoC lite so you can add and remove wonders easily. Below are some of the wonders included.
Spoiler :

:nuke: New diplomacy option

Cease bothering us and We wish to resume talks. You can now do what the computer does to you by refusing to talk and they will never hassle you for trades or war pacts.
Spoiler :

:nuke: AI Auto play

Press Control+Shift+X for the autoplay window to appear. It lets the computer take over your civilization for the amount of turns you enter.
Spoiler :

:nuke: New Resources and Reskins

16 new resources have been added to boost the importance of trades to improve your cities. They dont make it easier, Not all resources give health and happiness, some give bad health and unhappiness with commerce rewards. Any resources you do not like can be easily removed as they are created in modular form. Below are sample pictures.
Spoiler :

• Apples
  • Bison
  • Cocoa
  • Cotton
  • Diamond
  • Hemp
  • Natural Gas
  • Olives
  • Opium
  • Pototo
  • Salt
  • Shrimp
  • Tea
  • Timber
  • Tobacco

Rekins
  • Wheat
  • Elephant
  • Horses

• :nuke: Show hidden attitudes
    This component shows the hidden attitudes the AI have against you. Heres an example of some of the hidden attitudes in the below screenshot. (You wont get them all with one civilization)
    Spoiler :

:nuke: Events with images

This mod holds just over 220 events with 215 of them having images like below. A lil bonus is the tornado event now causes a tornado to show on the tile effected and a volcano event that spawns a volcano for a couple turns.
    Spoiler :

:nuke: Real always war

When you select this game option all civilizations are at war with eachother instead of all AI civilizations against humans player.

:nuke: Lead from behind

Lead From Behind re-evaluates which unit defends when you attack a square with more than one unit. Warlords attached to units and highly promoted units are not going to be the first to defend when being attacked unless they have a significant chance of success. At last we can use warlords effectively in combat because they now lead from behind!

:nuke: Realistic diplomacy

Realistic Diplomacy changes permenant negative effects in diplomacy like nuking to temporary. The permenant modifiers that have been changed to temporary are :
    • You delcared war on us - 50turns
    • You declared war on our friend - 20 turns
    • You hired a war ally against us - 20 turns
    • You nuked us - 25 turns
    • You nuked our friend - 25 turns
    • You razed our city - 100 turns
    • You razed our holy city - 400 turns
    • Your spy was caught causing trouble - 20turns
    The turns next to the modifier indicate how long it takes for the computer to forget one instance. Eg Takes the computer 25 turns to forget each nuke you use on them.

:nuke: Global Warming

All information on the new mechanics can be found in this thread.
    This is a selectable game option when playing custom games, scroll down the options and look for "Rising Seas".

:nuke: Friends from Pleased to Friendly

This really makes a big difference when you are playing. The AI players will now no longer consider friends as other teams they are pleased with, but teams they are friendly with. Friendly attitude is what should have been set to start with.

[size=+3]
    Modern Era Warfare​
    [/size]
    [size=+2]DOWNLOAD HERE
    [/size]​

Modular loading enables you to drag and drop files into this mod inside the Modules folder. Files that contain the information for new units, civilizations, leaders, resources, events... the list of modular loading is endless. Using this mod i play with a few new civilizations like Israel and Poland. I did not include these in the download because you can just pick which ones you prefer. The library on civfanatics download database for modules is massive click here to Search.

[size=+1]Credits[/size]

Jonny Smith - Woc Lite
Avian - Ethnic Diversity and Modern era expansion.
GeoModder - Ethnic City Styles
UncutDragon - Lead from Behind
Arian and EmporerFool - Events with images
Moctezuma - Influence driven war
Afforress - Realistic Diplomacy
Zerver - Unit graphics
DaveMcW - Show hidden attitude
The_J - Real always war, Wonders
jdog5000 - AIAutoPlay
glider1 - New diplomacy option
stmartin - CAR mod
Sephi - FasterBTS
MinorAnoyance - Global warming mod
PieceOfMind - Advanced combat odds
Antilogic - More events

Modern Era Warfare is not multiplayer tested.

Modules to be available next week

New promotions

+3 paradrop range (Special forces, Paratroopers)
+1, +2 and +3 strength promotions (Infantry)
+20% Heal on combat victory (Infantry)
+1 movement after combat victory (Tanks)
+1 movement after combat withdrawl (Horses, Gunships)

Some of these promotions are not working correctly atm, will try to make a new dll when i have time.

Sounds promising...will D/L when available.....BTW does M.E.W. have the BUG or Multiple Production mods?

:love::worship::woohoo:YAY!!! This looks like an awesome modern era game. I can't wait.

It is uploaded to another site now and i have changed where you download it from.

pretty much a whole bunch of mods from other people all together? no offense but his mod would be the perfekt classification of imbalance, i mean i had problems with few of those mods but all together it almost screams "i won't work anyway"

pretty much a whole bunch of mods from other people all together? no offense but his mod would be the perfekt classification of imbalance, i mean i had problems with few of those mods but all together it almost screams "i won't work anyway"

I will guarantee this mod will work, me and my friends have been using and putting it together piece by piece for many months. We continue to play several games a week with it! It is our personal way to play civilization 4. I will be hugely suprised if you find bugs with this. The only time it will ever crash is when your virtual memory runs low if you have very little RAM, but that happens rarely when you play too much :)

Yes, it is from other people. But no one else has combined a mod along these lines so we thought we would release it for others to use. There are many mods out there but many of them increase turn time, Modern Era Warfare does not. So it caters towards people who have limited time to play games. We have picked modcomps that work well together and there are no balances issues from our point of view.

Keldath is right. This mod may not look a lot and it may be others peoples work but it took a large amount of time to put together and balance correctly. The smallest things can take a large amount of time. Learning how to edit civilization 4 is very time consuming, so we now have a great amount of respect for the people who created the mega successful mods here at civfanatics.

We would like to hear comments of your experiences if anyone is willing to post!

Got patch 3.19 ? Download it from firaxis website if not.
Got any other modules or custom assests that may interfere?

My friends,

Sorry my very bad english but i don't understand diference between Cease bothering us and We wish to resume talks effects in the game.

yes im runnin 3.19 i have alot of mods most of them work fine maybe blue marble is interfering

Are you going to add ready scenarios in the mod? Because I may make a cold war scenario sometime during this or next week using this mod, unless you have already one planned.

I would suggest you add some big Earth maps with lots of civs. I was disappointed when I loaded this mod up and it didn't have anything like that.

Top Bottom