[Utility] MLF Frontend Application

Arrorn

Chieftain
MLF Frontend

Current Version: 2.1.4

Author: Arrorn

Download Link: Civfanatics

About:
The MLF Frontend Project has been created to help successfully edit World of Civilizations's Master Load Files. WOC's MLFs are used to load Rise of Mankinds Modmods.
The idea for this project was conceptualized by Afforess's of A New Dawn Modmod for RoM.
MLF Frontend is currently incorporated into Afforess's AND.

New Features:
  • Start BTS ROM from application
  • Edit Master Load Files
  • Edit MLFs in immediate subdirectories
  • Add a directory to the Main MLF
  • Block other users using this utility from editing whether a directory loads
  • Create an alias that other users using this Utility will see rather than the default directory name
  • Display an image with an entry
  • Add a Description to an entry

Known Bugs:
  • Image extensions limited to .gif, .ppm, .pgm.

Fixed Bugs:
  • Installer tries to run application after install even with no option. Then the application would crash.
  • Even after the Frontend found Civ4Bts executable it would continue searching until crash.
  • Adding an Image would only add the first two fields.

To Install:
Download
Un-Rar use 7-zip, winrar or any other program.
Run Installer
For 32-bit computers select: Typical (x86)
For 64-bit select: Typical
Or if you wish to customize what it installs select: Custom
Install into ROM Modules folder

To Edit MLFs:
Run Application using shortcut either on desktop if selected in installer or in start menu
Press: Load MLF or use File Dropdown and select Load MLF
Select directories to load. Unchecked means it will not load, checked means it will.
Press Next page to continue until all directories have been viewed
MLF Frontend will write the new MLF file in place of the old one
To cancel this at any point click Close window.
To go into secondary MLFs click Load Next MLF.
This process can also be canceled at any point by clicking Return.

The Start BTS ROM option searches for the Civ4BeyondSword.exe in the 5 most most likely places:
  • In the 5th directory directly beneath the Frontend
  • C:\Program Files (x86)
  • C:\Program Files
  • C:\Valve
  • C:\Steam

If you think of another common or likely place for Civ4 BTS ROM to be installed contact me and I will add it to the next version.

Universal Restrict File

Version: 2

Author: Arrorn

About:
This is for Modders who wish to lock the load of a directory or if they wish to rename a directory with out the hassle that goes along with it.
It currently supports Afforess's AND. The current version of the Restrict File is included by the installer

Spoiler :
Please do not edit this file by hand...
---Legend---
Restricted Directory - !
Directory to create an alias for - #
Alias - @
Directory to add an image to - %
Image - *
Directory to add a Description to - ^
Description - &
.exe location - |
Line End - $

!Required$
!Mountains_Mod$
!Lead_From_Behind$
!Advanced Diplomacy$
!Event_Images$

#BeautificationProject$
@Beautification Project$
#Modular_Civics_Buildings$
@Civic Buildings$
#Castles$
@Castle Improvements$
#BeautificationProject$
@Beautification Project$
#Early_Buildings$
@Early Buildings$
#RoMModularWonders$
@Historical Wonders$
#Modular_Civics_Buildings$
@Civic Buildings$
#ANM$
@Advanced Nukes$
#BuildingUpgradeChains$
@Building Upgrades$

%Afforess$
*\MLF Frontend\Images\Afforess.gif$
%Arctic$
*\MLF Frontend\Images\arctic-desert-terrain.gif$
%BeautificationProject$
*\MLF Frontend\Images\parks_ataslake.gif$
%Better RoM$
*\MLF Frontend\Images\Rise of Mankind.gif$
%Black UI$
*\MLF Frontend\Images\black.gif$
%Castles$
*\MLF Frontend\Images\kent_dover_castle.gif$
%Cerulean UI$
*\MLF Frontend\Images\cerulean.gif$
%Civic Diplomacy$
*\MLF Frontend\Images\diplomacy.gif$
%Forest UI$
*\MLF Frontend\Images\forest.gif$
%Formations$
*\MLF Frontend\Images\0.gif$
%Ice Breaker$
*\MLF Frontend\Images\ice-breaker.gif$
%ImprovedArt$
*\MLF Frontend\Images\images.gif$
%MilitaryCivics$
*\MLF Frontend\Images\military.gif$
%Purple UI$
*\MLF Frontend\Images\purple.gif$
%Red UI$
*\MLF Frontend\Images\red.gif$
%Silver UI$
*\MLF Frontend\Images\silver.gif$
%Sports$
*\MLF Frontend\Images\sports.gif$
%Meteorology$
*\MLF Frontend\Images\image003.gif$
%Early_Buildings$
*\MLF Frontend\Images\Hut.gif$
%Modular_Civics_Buildings$
*\MLF Frontend\Images\capitol.gif$
%RoMModularWonders$
*\MLF Frontend\Images\Pyramids.gif$

^MilitaryCivics$
&Military Civics adds a new civic class to Rise of Mankind: Military. The organization of an empires Military establishment has always been a crucial part of an empires success (or failure). $
^BeautificationProject$
&The Beautification Project stands to add what your cities have always lacked. Beauty. This mod adds three new buildings, for different eras. The Grove, the Castle Garden, and the City Park. $
^Castles$
&The Castle Improvement Mod adds several new buildings after the construction of a castle, to increase the realism and functionality of the Castle. $
^Ice Breaker$
&This mod, made by Optimizer for Civ4 and then converted to WOC by the WOC team adds new functionality to workboats. they can now (with combustion) break through ice in the polar ice caps. $
^Meteorology$
&The Meteorology mod adds new technologies for a vastly underrepresented scientific field. $
^Arctic$
&The Arctic Modmod adds two new buildings suited for the harsh climate of the arctic and antarctic, along with a new wonder, especially of the cold places in the world. $
^Sports$
&The Sports modmod serves to fill in the gaps in the RoM timeline, with many new techs and buildings featuring the advances in, latest sports. $
^Early_Buildings$
&Early buildings adds a large set of buildings filling important niches and making slower games more bearable. $
^RoMModularWonders$
&Historical Wonders adds a slew of historically significant wonders that were not included in RoM or BTS, like the World Trade Centers and the Terracotta Army. $
^Formations$
&Formations completely reworks the way units appear on the map. Unites will not appear in clumps of 3, but in a widely ranging groups; from lines of Riflemen to maurading bands of Axemen. $
^Better RoM$
&Better RoM seeks to improve Rise of Mankind by balancing the civic choices, certain wonders, units, resources, and technologies. A Better RoM is a better A New Dawn... $
^Sea Tunnel$
&Sea Tunnels allows players to build tunnels, in the late game, which can go under the water and allow units to traverse quickly between land masses. Made by Jooyo. $
^Terraforming$
&Terraforming allows workers in the future era's to terraform the land into better places. Useful when Global Warming begins taking effect. Made by Jooyo. $
^Make Jungle$
&Part of ReForestation. ReForestation allows players, in the late game, to plant forests and jungles. Made by Jooyo. $
^Plant Forest$
&Part of ReForestation. ReForestation allows players, in the late game, to plant forests and jungles. Made by Jooyo. $
^Guilds$
&Guilds adds new Medieval Guilds, which compete with one another and provide access to different unique benefits. $
^Custom_Corporations$
&Modern Corperations adds new corporations for the modern era, making resources more valuable. $
^Civic Diplomacy$
&Civic Diplomacy forces players to evaluate civic choices much more. Certain civics can shift diplomacy with other AI greatly, and expect the AI to take these changes into account themselves. $
^Modular_Civics_Buildings$
&Part of Buildings, Inc. Buildings, Inc. adds new buildings for unique to each civic in RoM and some new standard buildings. Also, some civics recieve custom units. $
^ANM$
&The Advanced Nukes Modmod adds complexity and variety to your favorite kinds of weapons, those of Mass Destruction. Wipe out Cities and entire continents with your powerful arsenals! $
^Afforess$
&Arctic Modmod, Beautification Project, Better RoM, Specialized UIs, Castle Improvements, Civic Diplomacy, Formations, Ice Breaker, Improved Art Modmod, Lead From Behind, Meteorology, and More. $
^Better Rom - Units$
&Part of Better RoM. Better RoM seeks to improve Rise of Mankind by balancing the civic choices, certain wonders, units, resources, and technologies. A Better RoM is a better A New Dawn... $
^BuildingUpgradeChains$
&Building Upgrades attempts to balance the buildings in Rise of Mankind by adding new chains and upgrade paths for buildings that delay building obsolecence in favor of having buildings upgrade. $

Copyright (C) 2010 Devon McAvoy
Licensed under the GNU General Public License

Attachments

• mlf1.jpg
    mlf1.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 489
  • mlf2.png
    mlf2.png
    498.9 KB · Views: 443

I'm still working on a gui for it. I won't make any promises but I should have it done within the next week or two...

-Arrorn-

"Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever."
- Napoleon Bonaparte

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
- Galileo Galileo

I has finished the GUI.... Yay... :) :)

It has several new features:
  • Images for Directories in MLF, MUST BE .GIF's 64X64
  • Descriptions of directories in MLF
  • Simple View and Advanced View
  • Menus, Menus, Menus!
  • Windows, Windows, Windows!!!

Comes with installer.
Also Licensed under the GNU General Public License.
Universal Restrict file... latest version - also first version...

For some odd reason the upload to this site keeps on failing so here it is:
MLF Frontend v2.b

This will be in the next version of AND by Afforess...

MLF Frontend is out of the beta!!!

On my brother's computer I get the following error:

"<Directory:program> is not a valid Win32 application."

It works fine on my computer. Does this only work on 64-bit systems?

Sorry I have not been able to reply in so long: I have been working on an update that fixes quite a few bugs.

To respond: I do not know. As I have all of my computers are built on a 64-bit architecture I have not gotten the ability to do testing on 32-bit computers.
How ever I assume that that is the case since this is built with a 64-bit python.

I will try to build a 32-bit version by the end of the month.

Top Bottom