Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center  

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION IV > Civ4 - Creation & Customization > Civ4 - Project & Mod Development > Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Jan 13, 2010, 06:38 PM   #1
Hydromancerx
C2C Modder
 
Hydromancerx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: California, USA
Posts: 15,160
Farm Mod

Farm Mod

Bureau of Farm Management (National Wonder. Requires: Weather Forecasting; Obsolete: Planetary Economics)
  • +20% Food stored in City
  • +1 Healthiness in all cities
  • Free Warehouse in all cities

Warehouse (Only available through BoFM; Obsolete: Planetary Economics):
  • +10% Food Stored in City
  • +1 with Refrigeration
  • +1 with Globalization
  • +1 from Knowledge Management

Farm Supply (Requires: Chemistry; Obsolete: Environmental Economics)
  • +1
  • +1 with Refrigeration
  • +1 from Long Range Forecasting
  • +1 from Gene Manipulation

Fair Grounds (Requires: Tourism; Obsolete: Orbital Flight)
  • +30% Maintenance
  • +1 Happiness per 20% Culture Rate
  • +1 Happiness

Organic Market (Requires: Modern Health Care; Obsolete: Terra Computer)
  • +2 Health
  • +1
  • -5% Food
  • +5% Food with Environmental Economics
Florist (Requires: Railroad; Obsolete: Gene Manipulation)
  • +1
  • +5% Gold
  • +5% Culture
  • +5% Gold with Tourism


Greenhouse (Requires: Agricultural Engineering; Obsolete: Vertical Farming)
  • +5%
  • +5%
  • +1
  • +1 with Electronics
  • +3% , with Computers
  • +20% Maintenance

Hydroponics Lab (Requires: Climate Models; Obsolete: Terra Computer)
  • Requires a coastal city
  • +3
  • +5%
  • +1 with Ecological Engineering
  • +35% Maintenance

Arboretum (Requires: Tourism & Ecology; Obsolete: Sentient Earth)
  • +10%
  • +5%
  • +1

Botanical Gardens (National Wonder)
(Requires: Tourism, Applied Economics, & Ecology; Obsolete: Environmental Economics)
  • +25%
  • +10%
  • +2
  • +1
Community Garden (Requires: Medicine; Obsolete: Globalization)
  • +1
  • +1
  • +1 with Long-Range Forecasting

Last edited by Hydromancerx; Jan 13, 2010 at 06:44 PM.
Hydromancerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2010, 11:38 PM   #2
civ_king
Deus Caritas Est
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 16,373
What is farm supply? a building or an improvement?

Why does an Organic Market reduce food (if you want to keep switch to 5% more food needed for growth)?

Why does hydroponics need coast, maybe it could supply hemp

Fairgrounds seems like a lot of Malus for the bonus
__________________
Ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

Cor ad cor loquitur
civ_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2010, 03:26 PM   #3
Hydromancerx
C2C Modder
 
Hydromancerx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: California, USA
Posts: 15,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by civ_king View Post
What is farm supply? a building or an improvement?

Why does an Organic Market reduce food (if you want to keep switch to 5% more food needed for growth)?

Why does hydroponics need coast, maybe it could supply hemp

Fairgrounds seems like a lot of Malus for the bonus
All stats are made by Afforess. I am just reposing here since it got burred in the request thread. I also agree about the hemp part.
Hydromancerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2010, 03:42 PM   #4
Afforess
The White Wizard
 
Afforess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 11,738
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydromancerx View Post
All stats are made by Afforess. I am just reposing here since it got burred in the request thread. I also agree about the hemp part.
I never forgot about this mod. I even sat down to do this stuff a few weeks ago, but one thing stopped me... The buildings... they aren't unique. RoM already has tons of food and commerce buildings. These would just be more filler-buildings unless I can figure out something interesting to do with them.

Perhaps they weren't meant to be unique though. I'm really not sure.
__________________
"A Witty Saying Proves Nothing"
-Voltaire
Afforess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2010, 09:00 PM   #5
Hydromancerx
C2C Modder
 
Hydromancerx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: California, USA
Posts: 15,160
I like them. I don't mind if some stats get changed but I think they should all be included no matter what the final stats end up as.
Hydromancerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2010, 09:38 PM   #6
Afforess
The White Wizard
 
Afforess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 11,738
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydromancerx View Post
I like them. I don't mind if some stats get changed but I think they should all be included no matter what the final stats end up as.
Their stats are not bad, not complaining about that. I'm thinking of adding a UB for the Americans, replacing the community garden:
Victory Garden (Requires: Grand War; Obsolete: Globalization)
  • +1
  • +1
  • +1 with Long-Range Forecasting
  • -15% War Weariness
  • -10% Revolution Risk
__________________
"A Witty Saying Proves Nothing"
-Voltaire
Afforess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2010, 09:29 AM   #7
Afforess
The White Wizard
 
Afforess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 11,738
Gender: Male
Could someone make me buttons for these? As a note, I am not adding the Florist, you don't need a button for that, but I need a button for the Community Garden and Victory Garden, and I changed the name of Organic Garden to Farmer's Market.

Hydromancer, if you could do the text, it would save me a bunch of time too. I finished everything else, this modmod is ready to go except for the buttons and text.
__________________
"A Witty Saying Proves Nothing"
-Voltaire

Last edited by Afforess; Jan 15, 2010 at 12:53 PM.
Afforess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2010, 01:18 PM   #8
Dancing Hoskuld
Deity
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 16,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afforess View Post
Their stats are not bad, not complaining about that. I'm thinking of adding a UB for the Americans, replacing the community garden:
Victory Garden (Requires: Grand War; Obsolete: Globalization)
  • +1
  • +1
  • +1 with Long-Range Forecasting
  • -15% War Weariness
  • -10% Revolution Risk
Is this the same as the English "allotment" system? I belive that is still going strong.
__________________
Dyslexia luRs.
Dancing Hoskuld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2010, 03:03 PM   #9
Hydromancerx
C2C Modder
 
Hydromancerx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: California, USA
Posts: 15,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afforess View Post
Could someone make me buttons for these? As a note, I am not adding the Florist, you don't need a button for that, but I need a button for the Community Garden and Victory Garden, and I changed the name of Organic Garden to Farmer's Market.

Hydromancer, if you could do the text, it would save me a bunch of time too. I finished everything else, this modmod is ready to go except for the buttons and text.
Yeah I will do the buttons (minus the last conversion to dds) and text. But don't drop the Florist please! What should I call the file? "Farm_CIV4GameText"?
Hydromancerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2010, 03:13 PM   #10
Afforess
The White Wizard
 
Afforess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 11,738
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydromancerx View Post
Yeah I will do the buttons (minus the last conversion to dds) and text. But don't drop the Florist please! What should I call the file? "Farm_CIV4GameText"?
Farming_CIV4GameText.xml.

If you can do all the text and get the buttons, I'll add the Florist.
__________________
"A Witty Saying Proves Nothing"
-Voltaire
Afforess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2010, 03:18 PM   #11
Hydromancerx
C2C Modder
 
Hydromancerx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: California, USA
Posts: 15,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afforess View Post
Farming_CIV4GameText.xml.

If you can do all the text and get the buttons, I'll add the Florist.
Awesome! I have already started.
Hydromancerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2010, 04:03 PM   #12
Hydromancerx
C2C Modder
 
Hydromancerx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: California, USA
Posts: 15,160
@Afforess

Quote:
Farm Supply (Requires: Chemistry; Obsolete: Environmental Economics)
  • +1
  • +1 with Refrigeration
  • +1 from Long Range Forecasting
  • +1 from Gene Manipulation
I think this should be tweaked a little ...

Quote:
Farm Supply (Requires: Chemistry; Obsolete: Environmental Economics)
  • +1
  • +1 with Refrigeration
  • +1 from Long Range Forecasting
  • +1 from Gene Manipulation
  • +1 from Chemicals
  • +1 from Fertilizer
Manly because they would sell fertilizers and pesticides at the farm supply store.


------------

I am almost done with the text.
Hydromancerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2010, 04:28 PM   #13
Hydromancerx
C2C Modder
 
Hydromancerx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: California, USA
Posts: 15,160
@Afforess

Here is the text (See attachment). I will go start on the icons now.

Last edited by Hydromancerx; Mar 16, 2010 at 03:42 AM.
Hydromancerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2010, 06:17 PM   #14
Hydromancerx
C2C Modder
 
Hydromancerx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: California, USA
Posts: 15,160
@Afforess

Here are the icon in JPG form. I took awhile since it was hard to get them right. I still wish I could find a better looking greenhouse. See Attachment.

Last edited by Hydromancerx; Mar 16, 2010 at 03:42 AM.
Hydromancerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2010, 06:40 PM   #15
Supercheese
Zeppelin Commander
 
Supercheese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Idaho
Posts: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydromancerx View Post
@Afforess

Here are the icon in JPG form. I took awhile since it was hard to get them right. I still wish I could find a better looking greenhouse. See Attachment.
Aww, nuts, you posted these just as I was collecting images for my own set...
Should I go ahead and make my own versions, or should I just convert the ones you posted to .dds buttons?

EDIT: Well, I'll make my own set and then Afforess can decide which he likes better.
__________________
Currently playing: Star Trek Online, OpenTTD

Bring back rigid airships, the most awesome aircraft ever built by mankind!

Last edited by Supercheese; Jan 15, 2010 at 06:47 PM.
Supercheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2010, 06:45 PM   #16
Afforess
The White Wizard
 
Afforess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 11,738
Gender: Male
Great, thanks! Everything was perfect, Farming modmod will be in Beta4.
__________________
"A Witty Saying Proves Nothing"
-Voltaire
Afforess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2010, 06:46 PM   #17
Afforess
The White Wizard
 
Afforess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 11,738
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercheese View Post
Aww, nuts, you posted these just as I was collecting images for my own set...
Should I go ahead and make my own versions, or should I just convert the ones you posted to .dds buttons?
Uh, go ahead and give me what you got, then I can pick.
__________________
"A Witty Saying Proves Nothing"
-Voltaire
Afforess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2010, 06:51 PM   #18
Hydromancerx
C2C Modder
 
Hydromancerx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: California, USA
Posts: 15,160
Here are some minor changes to improve the farm mod ...

Red = Changed or Added

Farm Supply (Requires: Chemistry; Obsolete: Environmental Economics)
  • +1
  • +1 with Refrigeration
  • +1 from Long Range Forecasting
  • +1 from Gene Manipulation
  • +1 from Chemicals
  • +1 from Fertilizer


Florist (Requires: Railroad; Obsolete: Gene Manipulation)

Req Building: Apiary
  • +1
  • +5% Gold
  • +5% Culture
  • +5% Gold with Tourism
[/I]


Hydroponics Lab (Requires: Climate Models; Obsolete: Terra Computer)
  • Requires a coastal city
  • +3
  • +5%
  • +1 with Ecological Engineering
  • +35% Maintenance
  • +1 from Hemp
  • +5% from Hemp
  • +1 from Hemp

Botanical Gardens (National Wonder) (Requires: Tourism, Applied Economics, & Ecology; Obsolete: Environmental Economics)

Req Building: Build 5 Arboretum
  • +25%
  • +10%
  • +2
  • +1

I guess that's it.
Hydromancerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2010, 06:54 PM   #19
Afforess
The White Wizard
 
Afforess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 11,738
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydromancerx View Post
Here are some minor changes to improve the farm mod ...

Red = Changed or Added

Farm Supply (Requires: Chemistry; Obsolete: Environmental Economics)
  • +1
  • +1 with Refrigeration
  • +1 from Long Range Forecasting
  • +1 from Gene Manipulation
  • +1 from Chemicals
  • +1 from Fertilizer


Florist (Requires: Railroad; Obsolete: Gene Manipulation)

Req Building: Apiary
  • +1
  • +5% Gold
  • +5% Culture
  • +5% Gold with Tourism
[/I]


Hydroponics Lab (Requires: Climate Models; Obsolete: Terra Computer)
  • Requires a coastal city
  • +3
  • +5%
  • +1 with Ecological Engineering
  • +35% Maintenance
  • +1 from Hemp
  • +5% from Hemp
  • +1 from Hemp

Botanical Gardens (National Wonder) (Requires: Tourism, Applied Economics, & Ecology; Obsolete: Environmental Economics)

Req Building: Build 5 Arboretum
  • +25%
  • +10%
  • +2
  • +1

I guess that's it.
Done!
__________________
"A Witty Saying Proves Nothing"
-Voltaire
Afforess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2010, 06:55 PM   #20
Hydromancerx
C2C Modder
 
Hydromancerx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: California, USA
Posts: 15,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercheese View Post
Aww, nuts, you posted these just as I was collecting images for my own set...
Should I go ahead and make my own versions, or should I just convert the ones you posted to .dds buttons?

EDIT: Well, I'll make my own set and then Afforess can decide which he likes better.
Could you post them? I would like to see them too. perhaps even I will agree that yours are better.

However the ones a really like of mine are the Farm Supply and Warehouse. So please try to keep those Afforess.
Hydromancerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Go Back Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION IV > Civ4 - Creation & Customization > Civ4 - Project & Mod Development > Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn > Farm Mod

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[BTS] To GP Farm or to Gold Farm? That is the question... PibbZ Civ4 - General Discussions 26 Aug 20, 2009 06:34 AM
Is a GP Farm necessary? ViaArete Civ4 - Strategy & Tips 28 Jul 29, 2008 12:01 AM
More than 1 GP Farm? riapopia Civ4 - Strategy & Tips 14 Jan 29, 2008 03:40 PM
GP Farm aliendrums Civ4 - General Discussions 1 Dec 23, 2007 01:06 PM
Best GP farm svv Civ4 - Stories & Tales 10 Jun 28, 2007 01:48 PM


Advertisement

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
This site is copyright Civilization Fanatics' Center.
Support CFC: Amazon.com | Amazon UK | Amazon DE | Amazon CA | Amazon FR