Several Questions for a my Mod "The Black Eye"

anchoress

Chieftain
Hi at all guys out there,
this is my first post in this forum at all. I'm using it since 3 years I guess, but now the time for little things is over... I decided to invest some time to do a mod. And there are some questions I have to ask, but english is not my first language. But I try to do my best... :)

First of all, what will the mod be about? I want to create a mod called "The Black Eye", following the RPG "Das Schwarze Auge" from Germany. A map is created (screens are attached).

What is "The Black Eye"? A short overview:
Spoiler :

The Black Eye is a RPG. You play in a world really near to the renaissance, but without gunpowder. Some people have a magic feeling, but perhaps one of ten. And the less of them gets a place on a academy, so there are Wizards, but they are uncommon. But as uncommon they are as mighty they are. There are Elves and Dwaves in this world, but they're living in their territories. Just the Dwarves sometimes live in human cities. In my mod I only want to use human civilizations. Dwarves are only a kind of mercenary unit. So it is a world very close to our 16. Century, for you to imagine. And we have a lot of different types of civilizations: Thorwaler (like Vikings), Bornish People (a little bit like russians, with a type of dragoon soldier), the Horas Empire (a mix of italian and spanish style, very advanced magic and mechanic sciences), the Middle Empire (also called the "New Empire", the biggest Civ and the "standard" in this Universe, like Middle-European Peoples), the caliphate (a desert Civilization, with a lot of wandering tribes but also great wizards), maraskans (the japanese of this universe, living on a small Island, trying to defend their land in Guerillawars), Al'anfa (a big city state in the southern jungle, a mix of romans and Aztecs, still using slavery), and so on...
This should be a little overview for you. If you want to know more, feel free to ask me.

For all the people who are interested in this mod, I summit some of my ideas, I'm working on.

Technologies (every line is a x-coordinate in the tech-tree):
Spoiler :

- Wheel, Hunting, Mining, Agriculture (all in one single tech), Fishing, Archery, Animal Husbandry, Mystizism, Migration
- Pottery, Sailing, Masonry, Siblings (for Religion Rur&Gror), Pantheon of Gods (for Religion of the twelve Gods), Druids, Saurian Magic
- Bronze Working, Riding, Priesthood, Glorification (Religion of the Nameless), Herbal Lore
- Iron Working, Metal Casting, Writing
- Compass, Alphabet, Mathematics, Paper, Association
- Machinery, Currency, Calendar, Architecture, Literature
- Engineering, Expeditions, Monarchy, Law (Religion of Praios), Aesthetics, Free Magic
- Divine Right (Religion of Rastullah), Feudalism, Philosophy (Religion ...), Music
- Trade Guilds, Extremism (Religion of Boron), Drama
- Banking, Printing Press, Warriors of God, Education
- Trade Companies, Courier Service, Military Tradition, Fanatism, Contracts, Alchemy, Magic Science
- Open Borders, Siege, Public Peace, Optic, Amusement
- Cartography, Astronomy, Magic Guilds, Charlatans
- Maufactures, Luxury, Empire Base Reform, Sphaericalism, Higher Alchemy
- Empierial Roads, Elementarism, Battle Magic, Anti-Magic, Healing Magic
- Law of Dwarves, Religous Orders, Military Science, Necromancy, Demonology, Artefact Magic
- Higher Architecture, Fine Mechanics, Intelligences, Chimaera Magic, Sphaerical Traveling, Order of Therbuniters
and so on...

Units:
Spoiler :

Settler
Peasant
Hunter
Scout
Militia
Druid
Bireme
Mercenary
Archer
Trireme
Warrior
Nobleman
Explorer
War Elephant
Catapult
Nobleman on Horse
Horse Archer
Chariot
Spearman
Caravelle
Warrior of God
Knight
Pikeman
Trebuchet
Warbowman
Guardsman
Kogge
Buccaneer
Dromone
Light Cavalry
Heavy Cavalry
Potte
Karracke
Halberdman
Noble Knight
Knight of God
Dwarf Warrior
Dawrf Engineer
Holk
Thalukke
Schivone
Amazones
Battering Ram
Crossbowman
Spy
Assassin
Wizard
(+ Elementals, Demons, Spells)
Supplies
Elite Regiment
Sea Mercenaries
Sappeurs
Torsion Catapult
Arbalettier (Heavy Crossbowman)
Balestrier (Heavy Horse Archer with One-Handed Crossbow)
Grenadier

And the buildings I want to work with (early WiP):
Spoiler :

just some examples:
Temples of the different Gods (notice: one Religion is a pantheon)
Arenas
Magic Academies
Kontor
Shipyard
Warrior Academy
Tavern
Mill
Darven District
Messenger Stations
and much more

I've added some Mods at this point of work, to try out, what is possible and what is not. Many thanks at saibotlieh for Amazones, WarKirby for the Druid and the Dwarf, and there will be a lot more, I hope.

So, like the most modders I reached a point that I a have a lot (I mean: a LOT) of questions, how to go on, going deeper into structures and so on. So I want to ask them:
1. I want to use the different ages and rename them (they will be a little bit like dynasties: magic mogules, eslamiden, Imperators of Peace,...). How can I avoid, that all the cities, builindgs and Workers will change to the modern look?
2. I don't want to use the railroads, but I want to add a type of "Emperial Roads", like highways in times of Romans ;) So, how can I change the look of the railroads?
3. I still need some Graphics for special units and/or buildings - but I am now model designer. Perhaps I just didn't find Graphics, which are still existing. I'm in need for
- a tavern
- something that looks like a bigger forge, but not modern
- a noble knight
- a Balestrier (almost like the Vanilla Cavalry, but with an Handcrossbow and not a piistol)
- some more Ideas for buildings
4. Did somebody make a ressource beer? I renamed the corn into hop and want to convert it with a tavern
5. Some of you have a good idea for the ressoure energy? I have no clue what to do with it...
Is it possible to make techs a "or"-decision? For example, if I chose to research the battle magic tech, I won't be able to research the healing magic tech. Is something like that doable?
6. Is it possible to add a percent change on the unit production? FE, if I'm building a wizard in a city, that there is only a 50% chance to really get him (otherwise there was no talented novice and the produced Hammers are lost).

So, if some people of you can help me, it will be very nice! I hope, you all feeling fine and enjoy the forum like I do!

Greetings,
anchoress

Thank you for quick your answer, CyberChrist :)

I know FfH II and played it allready. Sure there are some Units and other graphic sets, which are interesting. But if there are answers to my questions, I'm not good enough in modding to see them ;) This is why I ask here in this thread you and the community!

...and you really shouldn't translate the German "Das Schwarze Auge" literally, because this is a black eye. ;)

You should rather stick to the official translation (from the old PC games), "The Dark Eye".

Cheers, LT.

1) change all references to ERA_MODERN (and/or other eras) in CIV4CityLSystem and CIV4PlotLSystem files located in Assets\XML\Buildings\

2) make changes to Assets\Art\Terrain\Routes\Railroads\ (this will probably require use of NifSkope or some such program)

3-4) look to FfHII and other mods

5a) if you mean Power then it can be used to make different buildings get a boost to either Food, Production and/or Commerce yields in cities - and this can even be made to depend on access to specific resources.

5b) you can block specific civilizations from researching specific techs in Python via cannotResearch in CvGameUtils.py (or your own version of this)

6) you can achieve what you describe with Python via onUnitBuilt in CvEventManager.py (or your own version of this)

Thanks for all the answers!
Indeed I could solve some of my problems. And now there is another question:

Did somebody changed the space sace graphics? Is this possible? I thought it would be amazing to change it in a ship, build particular parts like sails and so on and win the game sailing to another mainland!!

This would be so great and amazing - but is there any possibility to do so?

Indeed, just not a new screen for the Space Race victory condition that shows the construction progress of the Space Ship - and that is the screen that was being referred to above.

Top Bottom