Forum Game: Paranoia

ryaz

Chieftain
Paranoia

Hello Citizen. You have to been chosen to join the elite Troubleshooting Corps, as a result of various personal attributes, such as political integrity, reliability, and [DELETED FOR SECURITY REASONS]. You shall be assembled into a team of fellow troubleshooters.

This is a game a bit more serious than the Roll to Dodge games. For anyone familiar with Paranoia, this will be a simplified version, run Zap-ish Classic. For everyone else, this is based on the Paranoia RPG. You live under the rule of Friend Computer. Everyone is medicated for happiness, since a happy citizen is a productive, loyal citizen. There are nine security clearances; INFRARED, RED, ORANGE, YELLOW, GREEN, BLUE, INDIGO, VIOLET, and ULTRAVIOLET. You are RED. You are only cleared to know RED and INFARED clearance information and equipment, the only exception is when your are brevetted to handle higher clearance equipment and information in the service of Friend Computer.

You protect Alpha Complex, the colossal underground city, from communist mutant traitors. They seek to undermine Alpha Complex, to make way for the impending Communist invasion. Alpha Complex stands alone. Communications with other complexes have been lost decades ago, and those complexes presumed to have been either destroyed or captured.

Troubleshooting teams often have up to 100-600% casualty rates. In light of this, Friend Computer has provided you with a set of backup clones. Five, in fact, which will be teleported to your location, with all the knowledge of your previous clone, except one thing: how they died. Fortunately your troubleshooting team members were picked for their political integrity, reliability, and [DELETED FOR SECURITY REASONS]. So you could simply have them fill you in on what happened.

You have several skills to draw from:
Management: How well you can suck up, con, speak to other clones.
Stealth: General sneakiness, and is any nonverbal attempt to
Violence: Ranging from agility to strength to how good you aim your laser pistol.
Hardware: Maintenance and operation of non-combat equipment.
Software: Programming and computer use.
Wetware: Knowledge of various medical and biological sciences.

You may allocate 42 points to distribute among these skills. You cannot spend more than ten points on one particular skill.

You work for one of eight service groups which you'll be assigned to by the GM:
Armed Forces: Defends the complex from invaders.
Central Processing Unit: Main bureaucratic body.
HPD & Mind Control: Another major bureaucratic body, ensures happiness through the provisionment of entertainment and housing.
Internal Security: Defends the complex from spies.
Production, Logistics, and Commissary: Handles production and distribution of goods.
Power Services: Maintains electricity, water, air, and structural integrity of the complex.
Tech Services: Maintains various other gadgets in the complex.
Research & Design: They come up with new things.

There are two types of actions:

Public and Secret. Public actions such as movement (it is generally assumed that you follow the team leader, unless you specifically say you don't) and secret actions, such as things which you shouldn't let others know about (such as planting evidence or such).

Public actions, you post in the thread.

Secret actions, you PM me about.

This is all that is available to your security clearance. Displaying knowledge above your security clearance will result in either brainscrubbing or termination.

Spoiler ORANGE and Above :
THIS IS BEYOND YOUR SECURITY CLEARANCE, PLEASE REPORT TO A TERMINATION BOOTH AND/OR A BRAINSCRUBBING FACILITY. PREFERABLY SIMULTANEOUSLY. FAILURE TO FOLLOW ORDERS WILL RESULT IN YOUR SUMMARY EXECUTION.

I am currently looking for at least six players.

This post has been intentionally left blank.
...Randomly assigning people to service groups...done
...Sending out PMs... to be done...

Ron Anderson
Player:kill fire
Service Group: Armed Forces
*secret*
*secret*

Management: 5
Stealth: 10
Violence: 10
Hardware: 5
Software: 2
Wetware: 10

Name: John Johnson
Player:TheWesley
Service Group: Technical Services
*secret*
*secret*

Management: 10
Hardware: 6
Software: 1
Wetware: 5

Name: Vishka Vishkovski
Player: BananaLee
Service Group: Research and Design
*secret*
*secret*
*secret*

Stealth: 4
Violence: 2
Hardware: 9
Software: 9
Wetware: 8

Name: Ryan Roosevelt
Player: Omega124
Service Group: HPD & Mind Control
*secret*
*secret*

Stealth: 3
Hardware: 3
Software: 6
Wetware: 10

Mary Sue:
Player: Diamondeye
Service Group: Power Services
*secret*
*secret*

Stealth: 8
Violence: 8
Hardware: 4
Software: 8
Wetware: 4

I am not going to stop you.

Uh. Minor clarification regarding character creation. You state the name of your character, and you allocate 42 points to various skills. That is all.

Please create a character for approval.

Well this is going to be a bit more difficult considering I don't know which group I'll be in...

Ron Anderson

Management: 5
Hardware: 5
Software: 5
Wetware: 7

I'm gunna go for a combat build.

Name: John Johnson
Hardware: 6
Software: 1
Wetware: 5

kill fire: Approved.

TheWesley: Uh. Sure you want to be that weak in one area? There CAN be situations where you might need Software. Unless you happen to be lucky and never need it for the whole round.

BananaLee: Uh. Violence is a pretty important... aspect of this game.

TheWesley: Uh. Sure you want to be that weak in one area? There CAN be situations where you might need Software. Unless you happen to be lucky and never need it for the whole round.

I think I will be able to get around using such areas through well-thought out actions- there is usually at least one alternative to having to hack software.

Actually, you have five extra clones available, so you can die first, second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth. Meh. Whatever.

TheWesely: Approved.

BananaLee: Approved.

If still possible I'd like to scoop in and join after reading up on this inspiring and interesting universe.

Mary Sue (female):

Stealth: 8
Violence: 8
Hardware: 4
Software: 8
Wetware: 4

Top Bottom