Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center  

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION IV > Civ4 - Creation & Customization > Civ4 - New Civilizations

Old Jan 26, 2010, 12:25 AM   #1
patronofthearts
Chieftain

Akkadian Empire

Hello everybody. I have never yet posted a mod to these forums, but I have been an occasional visitor/downloader. I am new to modding, so this civ is fairly simple--not a whole lot of new graphics or anything, but I still tried to make it worth checking out. I think it turned out pretty well. I might add some better graphics, more leaders/cities in the future.

This will be part of a mod eventually encompassing the entire ancient Middle East, possibly including any of the following civs:

The Halaf culture
The Ubaid culture
Uruk
Third Dynasty of Ur
Mittani
Hatti (Hittites)
Kassite Empire
Philistia
Israel
Judah
Assyria
Phoenicia
Phrygia
Chaldean Empire

I am an archaeologist of the Middle East at a major American university, so I have a pretty good background on this stuff. I have for the most part figured out what leaders, unique units, cities etc. I want for all these civs, so hopefully I will get them done one at a time and upload them here. If I get them all done, I would like to make them into a single Ancient Middle East mod with maps and its own tech tree and such. I have a little bit of experience in graphic design, but only in 2D, so if anyone enjoys these mods and is interested in helping contribute some better graphics, that would be a great improvement.

The Akkadian empire was a kingdom of Mesopotamia in the 3rd millenium BC. They conquered the Sumerians and consolidated the region militarily, and they are widely considered the first real "empire." I attached an image of the Victory Stele of Naram-Sin, the most famous artifact from the Akkadian civilization. Pretty cool stuff. If you are interested, there is more information about it in the Civilopedia.

The Akkadian Empire

Starts with: Mysticism, Mining
UU: Composite Bowman (Archer)
UB: Victory Stele (Monument)
Leaders:
Sargon: Aggressive, Imperialistic
Naram-Sin: Expansive, Charismatic

DOWNLOAD HERE
patronofthearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2010, 10:33 AM   #2
Rob (R8XFT)
Ancient Briton

I've downloaded this and I like it - especially the diplomacy text for Sargon, which I think is very good. Oddly enough, I was looking for some Akkadian stuff for the mod I'm working on and this fell into my lap!
Old Jan 26, 2010, 11:16 AM   #3
Ekmek
on steam: ekmek_e

screenshots?

EDIT: saw the download link. you do know there is an animated Sargon out there right? or some others that could pass for him.
Ekmek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2010, 03:20 PM   #4
patronofthearts
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekmek View Post
screenshots?

EDIT: saw the download link. you do know there is an animated Sargon out there right? or some others that could pass for him.
Really? I have been trying to learn blender using the tutorials on this site, hoping to make my own animated leaderheads. I didn't see a Sargon in the forum. Really, I would rather do an original one if possible, but I don't really know if I have time.

I wanted to put the screenshots here, but for some reason I can't use any of the text tools. The buttons won't work. Does anyone know why?

Thanks for the comments, guys. I am probably going to add some custom unit graphics (and maybe leaderhead) to this in the near future.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 03:45 PM   #5
mechaerik
Emperor

Here's a pretty good Sargon:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downlo...=file&id=13946

Old Jan 26, 2010, 04:23 PM   #6
patronofthearts
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechaerik View Post
Thank you. Not bad at all, I think I might use that. His hat is kind of weird though.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 05:22 PM   #7
The Capo
godless Heathen

Quote:
Originally Posted by patronofthearts View Post
Thank you. Not bad at all, I think I might use that. His hat is kind of weird though.
Yeah, I'm not sure what's going on with the hat there.

Check out my stuff!!!
UNITS | LEADERHEADS | DIPLOMACY II
The Capo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2010, 08:52 PM   #8
patronofthearts
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Capo View Post
Yeah, I'm not sure what's going on with the hat there.
There's actually a .nif in the download of him without the hat. I like it better. I'll consolidate it with the mod here later, when I figure out how to get the buttons to work.