• HR_Title.jpg
    HR_Title.jpg
    375.1 KB · Views: 60,810
Deleted, thread no longer in use.

07:00 pm = Premier !
First !

Nice first shot, i will feedback you time to time, if necessary ;)

07:40 pm = downloaded, starting !

Taneda Santôka;8888339 said:
Cheers and good job. :)

I've had a lot of crashes trying to load scenarios/public maps. A regular game worked but crashed as I entered the World Builder...

I haven't tried or tested any scenarios or public maps with the mod so there may well be issues there. I haven't had any issues with world builder in regular games though, in fact I used it extensively for testing. Is it repeatable?

Could you link to the maps and scenarios you tried so I can try work out what's happening?

Also, thanks to you both for giving this a go. This is the first time I've ever released a mod I've made from scratch so I'm a bit nervous about mistakes I may have made.

What about new civics ?

What about new corporations ? Why only in late game ?
"Mines of Rio Tinto" in Rome Era...
"Hanseatic League" in Baltic Sea...
"Templar Order" in Mediterranean Sea...
"Silk Road" in China
"East India Company"

What about new national Wonders ?
"National Capital Airport"
"National Electricity Company"
"National Airways Company"
"National Railways Company"
"National Autoroutes Company"
"National Healthcare System"
"National Central Bank"
"National Internet Server"
"National Sea Company"

What about new World Wonders ?
"Itaipu Dam"
"World Commercial Organization" ONU economic style organisation
"World Bank"
"ICANN" normalizer of internet system...
"Burj Khalifa" of Dubaï
"World Trade Center"
"The City Financial Center"
"Le Quartier de la Défense" (Paris)

Some idea of buildings :
"Cybercafe"
"Fast-Food"
"Computer Store"
"Cultural Shop"
"Fashion Shop"

I hope that you will be interested by certain potentialy good ideas, i'm sure that you give nice effects in game

After all it's lot of modern era buildings but i can have some more ancient building ideas like :

"Tavern"
"Hostel"
"Inn"
"Abbey"
"Dungeon"

Nice ? Isn't it ?

I will definitely add new civics, in fact I found a small mod component that adds one new civic to each category - I'll use that to start.

I would also definitely like to add some sort of pre-modern corporations. Adding corporations is a real pain because they use the same part of the gamefont files as religions do and I can't any more religions or corporations at this time without some majorly time consuming and frustrating work. However there is a mod called World of Legends that has a quite neat 'guilds' concept that I'm going to eventually have a go at.

Lots of good ideas you have there, keep em coming! Updated the future plans list a little. I'm happy to keep adding more and more to the mod all the time, just so long as I can find the art/resources and keep it balanced and fun. The more I'm doing the faster I'm getting at modding, the unit art just took so long to put together because it's so very easy for it to cause crashes. I haven't done very much work in python yet though so that will be a learning curve.

My biggest priority right now is fixing up the things that are broken and/or incomplete - America's unit art, ships, missing diplomacy text and such. The next new thing I want to add after that are the leader traits. You haven't reported any crashes yet which is good news!

Though I haven't done any testing yet I have an idea why some scenarios/maps are causing crashes. Basically I suspect they may be looking for the civs that no longer exist (Native America, HRE, and I think I may have already renamed England and the Ottomans). I just need to change a few behind-the-scenes tags so that other civs can be substituted in their place.

I tried with BigAndSmall.py and Tectonics.py and its ok.
But not ok with perfectworld2.py.

I seen that Nubia and Egypt share same UU and UB, i seen that other religions other than basis religions of vanilla and olympianism are showed with pink squares, in other way when the religion exist in game it appears normally

Even unfinished and not well polished its seems very stable, no crash so far, but my mac feels the weight of your mod, because it take a quantity of seconds to load...

I think that while natural ressources have been leaved unchanged, the civs have changed, i think that the best idea is to make a new set of stable and fixed maps with new civs... what about a large earth with 18 new civs ? You can make an ancient themed set or a medieval themed set of civs, circa 200 BC or 500 AD and perhaps circa 800 AD...

I tried with BigAndSmall.py and Tectonics.py and its ok.
But not ok with perfectworld2.py.

I seen that Nubia and Egypt share same UU and UB, i seen that other religions other than basis religions of vanilla and olympianism are showed with pink squares, in other way when the religion exist in game it appears normally

Nubia will be getting the Medjay (Archer replacement) for it's UU. Art is already in, I just need to choose some good stats. I'm not sure of it's UB yet though, especially given the Nubian Pyramids model is already used as the Pesedjet cathedral.

What screen are you seeing pink squares for religions on? Civilopedia, Religions Advisor or somewhere else?

Even unfinished and not well polished its seems very stable, no crash so far, but my mac feels the weight of your mod, because it take a quantity of seconds to load...

I'm very pleased to hear it's been stable, that was my number one goal for this first beta version. Now to finish things and add more stuff!

The load time is annoying and I think it's partly an unfortunate side-effect of having everything so modular (easy to fix and update). The other big factor is all the new leaderheads. Loading is slow, but History Rewritten should still be significantly less system intensive than BAT once actually in the game though.

When I get closer to version 1.0 I will see what I can do about optimizing load speed.

Taneda Santôka;8891026 said:
The scenarios I've tried crash while building the world. I can still choose civ and difficulty, but it's when I lunch the game proper that it crashes. ;)

Yeah I'm pretty sure these maps/scenarios are trying to find civs that no longer exist. I'll set it up in the next version so that Native Americans automatically get replaced by the Sioux and the HRE get replaced by Hungary (not perfect, but close enough since I have no plans to add Austria or similar). I'll need to make some tweaks to England and the Ottomans too. Hopefully this will fix it for most maps.

I think that while natural ressources have been leaved unchanged, the civs have changed, i think that the best idea is to make a new set of stable and fixed maps with new civs... what about a large earth with 18 new civs ? You can make an ancient themed set or a medieval themed set of civs, circa 200 BC or 500 AD and perhaps circa 800 AD...

I would definitely like to add some good maps eventually. Once I'm closer to getting things finished I'd love your advice and help choosing good ones.

I recommend "Earth 18 Civs corrected" from JEELEN...

After you could disable settler unit type to force player to play only scenarios for your mod and disabling normal game like in "Rhye's and Fall of Civilizations"...
And place barbarian cities on as many places you want...
And selecting no "razing cities" option, of course :)

After all, random maps are often very frustrating ;)

You should ask for empty ("no preset civ") version of maps...
So, you could add your set of civs and ressources...

I recommend "Earth 18 Civs corrected" from JEELEN...

After you could disable settler unit type to force player to play only scenarios for your mod and disabling normal game like in "Rhye's and Fall of Civilizations"...
And place barbarian cities on as many places you want...
And selecting no "razing cities" option, of course :)

After all, random maps are often very frustrating ;)

You should ask for empty ("no preset civ") version of maps...
So, you could add your set of civs and ressources...

Thats getting... Large. :) next i want to see a complete rework of the game code.

Awesome mod, can't wait for the next version(s)!

I tested it in Multiplayer, works great, no OOS yet, fantastically stable.

I like Classical or later starts so haven't been able to play much with the new religions but I second Lachlan's pink squares occasionally with them. Mostly in the Religion advisor screen.

Excellent job and I can't wait for more!

Also I'd love to see a Finland type civ (combo of Finland/Estonia/Karelia/Sámi maybe?) & a Basque civ to round out Europe (in addition to Hungary and Poland that is).

Awesome mod, can't wait for the next version(s)!

I tested it in Multiplayer, works great, no OOS yet, fantastically stable.

Very pleased to hear this. I will aim to keep it OOS free as best I can.

I like Classical or later starts so haven't been able to play much with the new religions but I second Lachlan's pink squares occasionally with them. Mostly in the Religion advisor screen.

I haven't seen these yet myself but I will add it to known issues and see if I can track it down.

Excellent job and I can't wait for more!

Also I'd love to see a Finland type civ (combo of Finland/Estonia/Karelia/Sámi maybe?) & a Basque civ to round out Europe (in addition to Hungary and Poland that is).

Those would be good additions to Europe for sure, though as far as I've seen there's not enough distinctive art available to consider them yet.

I'm working on 0.2 at the moment. So far I've got America's unit art fixed and back in, and Hungary is ready to go apart from a UB. Israel will probably make this version too and I'm experimenting with ideas/stats for 2 new siege units (battering ram and siege tower). My other big goals for 0.2 are culturally varied ships and adding the new leader traits. Hopefully the known issues list will be made significantly shorter too :)

can't wait to see 0.2 :)

....hate to add to that known issue list but as near as I can tell, the Persian Cavalry unit displays as the Grenadier unit. The unit icon is just fine, and the unit operates just like cavalry, it just looks like a Grenadier!

What about new World Wonders ?
"Itaipu Dam"
Well, there's already Three Gorges Dam, except Itaipu was built about 40 years earlier. And Hoover 30 years before that. There should be a research for 'Concrete'

"Burj Khalifa" of Dubaï
"World Trade Center"
"The City Financial Center"
"Le Quartier de la Défense" (Paris)

These are all pretty much variations on the same thing. One idea may be to make these national wonders but give them unique names per civilization.

What about new national Wonders ?
"National Capital Airport"
"National Electricity Company"
"National Airways Company"
"National Railways Company"
"National Autoroutes Company"
"National Healthcare System"
"National Central Bank"
"National Internet Server"
"National Sea Company"

This would be useful, but might overpower Civs. An idea would be to have each Civ only be allowed to have 2 or 3.

Very pleased to hear this. I will aim to keep it OOS free as best I can.

I haven't seen these yet myself but I will add it to known issues and see if I can track it down.

Those would be good additions to Europe for sure, though as far as I've seen there's not enough distinctive art available to consider them yet.

I'm working on 0.2 at the moment. So far I've got America's unit art fixed and back in, and Hungary is ready to go apart from a UB. Israel will probably make this version too and I'm experimenting with ideas/stats for 2 new siege units (battering ram and siege tower). My other big goals for 0.2 are culturally varied ships and adding the new leader traits. Hopefully the known issues list will be made significantly shorter too :)

What is your graphic card ? Mine is ATI HD4850

Top Bottom