fmMirrorInlandSea1 for Teamers

Shizanu

Chieftain
Hi

I have created a new mirrored Inland Sea script, that can be used for Teamers in Multiplayer based on LD_Mirror_Inland_Sea3a from LDeska. The file is attached to the post as an .rar archive.

The script from LDeska used start position methods from mirror script, resulting in completely random starting positions. This made it impossible to use the map for teamers, because on e.g. 3v3 u want starting positions looking like those on usual Inland Sea script.
Also it inherited another problem from the original Mirror from Sirian: The methods that make your starting position bearable were overridden. This resulted in one guy moving into one direction and finding a pig - the other, who moved into the other direction just having nothing.

I wrote a new validating method for starting plots, that uses templates, like the one for usual Inland Sea.
I also reimplemented some of the methods improving starting positions, so the land quality equals that of usual Inland sea too and did some tweaks on the mirroring so the map stays mirrored.
Further small tweaks are:
-human starting units are all on one tile to remove imbalances by worker and scout placement.
-I increased the distance for balanced resources to 4 so you dont always get them in cap. (Map is having default balanced resources)

I recommend using this script for Teamer games in any Era up to Renaissance if you want them with a decent part of buildup.

This version can only be used for 1v1,2v2,3v3,4v4. I have never seen someone play teamer on inland sea with more people, but creating some options on that is on my to do list.

I attached an example screen too (not included to post because its very big). The starting positions can be seen on the mini-map.

Unfortunately the map has inherited the plainhill-bug from original Mirror by Sirian. This bugs sometimes puts a plainhill on one side, when there in none on the other. However this should not affect the balance considerably on anything but one of a hundred anc duels.
I will try to attack that bug in the future, as well as I want to implement some more features:
-options for different balanced resource settings
-option for one tile start yes/no
-several more templates for starting positions with an option to choose between them

Also on that revamping I will include any feedback I get on this version.

happy teaming

Shizanu

Attachments

• fm_Mirror_Inland_Sea1.rar
    10.4 KB · Views: 284
  • example.JPG
    example.JPG
    353.2 KB · Views: 356
This is a great map script, but I was wondering if it is possible to have a four player mirror where each of the four corners were exactly mirrored instead of just half of the map?

I have tried to search for something like this and have not been able to find anything.

Is this doable?

Top Bottom